Franklin, MA
Dean College

Video courtesy of Dean College.

Dean College is a private, undergraduate institution located in the heart of Franklin, Massachusetts, a 45-minute drive from both Boston and Providence. Founded in 1865, Dean College has provided over 150 years of education to an ever-growing alumni base of over 25,000.

View the Full Summary

Dean is a college that is very proud of it's academic, arts, and athletic accomplishments. Students support each other in their pursuits. For instance, the football players attend the dance performances and support the dancers, just as the dancers attend the football games and cheer on the football players. I'm proud to be a part of the Bulldog family!

Jay Jay

The school is very ravishing and intetesting I would love to learn at the school. It offers a good learning environment for learning and it would be an overwhelming opportunity to learn at such a interesting and exciting college like this.i look forward to getting a scholarship here

Jillian

Attending Dean College was an incredible and life-changing experience for me. I not only received my Bachelors degree from this school, but I made lifelong friendships and bonded with teachers in a way I never thought possible. The small classroom setting really allowed the teachers to get to know their students and I felt very comfortable approaching my teachers with anything I needed. Having a dance and theatre program at the school, there was always a performance to get involved in or go see. Students were actively involved in these activities year round, whether they were performers or just loved to watch the shows and/or help backstage.

Julian

My overall review of the college is positive. The teachers are attentive and friendly and the cafeteria food isn't terrible. It's a quiet campus so if you want to get wrecked on the weekend look somewhere else! I would recommend this college to someone who wants to focus on their studies instead of the fluffy bits of college life.

Kaili

Dean has always been my first pick for college, and it has lived up to all of my expectations. I love that it is a small school, after a lot of visits before school even started, most of the support staff, and my lead professor knew me by name and in person. Help is there whenever you need it. There are always activities going on to keep you busy. I got involved in a lot of groups and I suggest that, especially if you are shy. I found the academic coaching to be extremely helpful, it costs extra, but it is worth it, even if you just need the time to be sure you're organized in a one on one setting. My Freshman year I finished with a 4.0 gpa, and I am still signing up for it again. I also recommend getting a job on campus, I have a work study and love it, and I also am an Ambassador, I give tours and get paid for it. Can't say enough great things about Dean!!!

EDDIE

If you have learning issues, this is NOT the college to go to. The ARCH program is very expensive and the Professors don't care enough to make the difference if you are not in ARCH.

Chris

great school, staff are there for you, and won't let you fail. All around wonderful school

Kaylynn

If I had the opportunity to speak to my high school senior self, I would most definitely advise myself about the importance of organization and time management. I found early on that being organized and having things prepared early on are a crucial part of being a college student. Due dates tend to appear when you least expect them too. While being a full time student, it was inevitable that in my 5 or 6 of my 8 classes I had regular homework. With this, I would tell myself to be sure to keep an organized planner, and to keep sticky notes. I found that placing sticky notes in places on things that I would regularly use or see, helped this aspect because they were reminders of what needed to get done. With this also comes prioritizing; what is due first, and what will take more time to do. I would remind myself to do things in that order becasue it creates an easier and less time consuming process. Though I feel as though there are many things I could've better prepared for I found that organization and time management seemed to be the most crucial.

I find that the best aspect about my school is its' size. The school is small and allows for a more intimate setting in the classroom as well as when you are in need of help or assistance from a teacher. This allows for more one on one time and in turn creates an overall better learning experience for the student. I found it helpful when it came to wanting to ask questions and be involved in class discussion.

This school has programs for those who plan on attending a four year program, but need to improve their grades or their athleticism. The four year program that my school does offer is dance. I would recommend those that are interested in furthering their future or career in sports, or dancers, attend this school. The programs that are available are for those who need to improve their grades before furthering their educations. Also, they are for aspiring dancers of all tracks. THe programs are extremely helpful and it being a small school allows more one on one than other schools.

Jenna

Dean College is a small school with a great arts department for Dance and Theatre, and an especially good school for people to bring their grades up if they struggle academically.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to stress and worry so much about little details that are out of my control, like what my roommate will be like or how often I am going to have to write long papers. I would tell myself to focus on enjoying my last year of high school and to physically push myself more to prepare for a demanding life of being a dance major in college. I would tell myself to start eating better and using a planner so that in college I wouldn’t have to teach myself how to do those things on top of all of the other things I have to keep track of. Also, I would tell myself to start saving what little money I had at the time because paying tuition is stressful and every penny counts.

The best thing about my school is that there are lots of opportunities to get involved with the performing arts because it gives dance and theatre students the hands-on experiences they need to gain experience in their career fields.

Maite

My classmates are very intellengent in the classroom aspect when it comes to learning .

My school is best known for dance and the liberal part of it . Its a very great school for science majors and anybody who wants to be a dancer in order words .

Dean College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.