Franklin, MA
Dean College

Video courtesy of Dean College.

Dean College is a private, undergraduate institution located in the heart of Franklin, Massachusetts, a 45-minute drive from both Boston and Providence. Founded in 1865, Dean College has provided over 150 years of education to an ever-growing alumni base of over 25,000.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dean College

Fixed  rate loan

Maite

My classmates are very intellengent in the classroom aspect when it comes to learning .

My school is best known for dance and the liberal part of it . Its a very great school for science majors and anybody who wants to be a dancer in order words .

Precious

Ifi could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to be more organized. By organized i mean planning out which days im doing certain assignments, just so im not rushing or feeling overwhelnmed. I would also tell myself to start going to sleep early and waking up on time for classes because that is what I have a problem with here at college now.

I think the classes are the best things about this school. All of my classes are great .

Kathryn

Dean College is made up of students and faculty who are energetic and very friendly, and who take much pride into their school and there work, there is always someone either a student or staff that is willing to help you out which is wonderful.

Classmates are wonderful, supportive people, wheather your full time or part time you make wonderful friends who are there to encouarge you, as a part timer you sometimes have smaller classes which is eaiser to make connections with your classmates!

Oranization, plan, scheduleing. Be prepared to work hard for your dreams, high school is tough butv so is college and the real world. Enjoy every minute wheather you go part time or full time you will achieve your goals and dreas. There are people who want to help you, ask for help, accept the help. Take pride in who you are and what you want to do. Be Thankful. Your high school teachers do there very very best to get you ready for college. Greatfull. Be extra gratefull for your parents who have raised you and is helping you achieve you college dreams and have been there in the ups and downs.

Erin

My school is big on getting the students involved in everything they offer.

My school is big on getting the students involved in everything they offer.

What advice I would give my high school self would be to follow my original plans on where to go after high school. I have been wanting to go to Dean College since my Junior year. Unfortunately, some of my family didn't agree with the path I wanted to take, which was to major in dance. After exploring my options by going to a community college and then to a Cosmetology school, five years later I decided to go back to my original dream. I don't regret becoming a hairdresser, but if I followed my Dean career path I could have been graduated and working by now. So maybe I should really tell myself it's ok to have a backup plan but always follow your dreams and don't listen to anyone that says you can't do it. I am proud that I realized that now while I am still young and before it was too late.

What I brag most about my school to friends are my two favorite classes, my Arts and Entertainment class and my Tap class. Both classes have great teachers and am learning a lot.

Toyomi

There is nothing unique about Dean College

There is nothing unique about Dean College

I would say to try your best in school. Also don't let others distract you. Make sure you do your homework and get enough sleep.

I think Dean College is great school for everyone!

Brianna

My classmates are diverse.

My classmates are diverse.

Looking back, knowing now about college life and the transition, I would tell myself to be patient and think things through first. Wanting to be like most of my classmates, I wanted to start college as soon as the following year, which was a big mistake. During my last years at high school, I didn't put much thought into what I actually wanted to have as a career in the future, all I knew is that I liked fashion. I ended up getting accepted to a college close to my house that had a decent fashion major. I hated everything about my first year; my classes, my major, the commute, etc. Due to personal issues and heartbreak, I decided to drop out of college, focus on myself and figure out what I want to do with my life. During the break, I learned a lot about myself and how I wanted to be in the future. That being said, I would tell myself to be patient and take time to think before rushing into things.

That it is a private college, therefore, more expensive.

Fotini

My classmates at dean are helpful, we work together to get our work done.

My classmates at dean are helpful, we work together to get our work done.

Do not forget about one assignment because it will put you be hind.

Joseph

Try as hard as you can in High School. Be as open to everyone as you can, making friends new friends is a great thing.

The worst thing about our school is some of the older classrooms. Plus the chairs and old desks.

If you are the kind of person that wants to have a lot of places to go out, Franklin is a boring town. It is very quiet so if you want to go to school just to party and not to learn, Dean isn't for you.

Keishla

My school is very active and hard working.

My school is very active and hard working.

It has small class rooms so that the students can get to know their professors and learn better than in those with bigger classes or 100 and more students.

If I was to go back in time to when I was in hgih school, I would advice myself to not procastinate as much and work on using my time wisely and get used to studying.

Dean College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.