Franklin, MA
Dean College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dean College

Fixed  rate loan

Kaylynn

If I had the opportunity to speak to my high school senior self, I would most definitely advise myself about the importance of organization and time management. I found early on that being organized and having things prepared early on are a crucial part of being a college student. Due dates tend to appear when you least expect them too. While being a full time student, it was inevitable that in my 5 or 6 of my 8 classes I had regular homework. With this, I would tell myself to be sure to keep an organized planner, and to keep sticky notes. I found that placing sticky notes in places on things that I would regularly use or see, helped this aspect because they were reminders of what needed to get done. With this also comes prioritizing; what is due first, and what will take more time to do. I would remind myself to do things in that order becasue it creates an easier and less time consuming process. Though I feel as though there are many things I could've better prepared for I found that organization and time management seemed to be the most crucial.

I find that the best aspect about my school is its' size. The school is small and allows for a more intimate setting in the classroom as well as when you are in need of help or assistance from a teacher. This allows for more one on one time and in turn creates an overall better learning experience for the student. I found it helpful when it came to wanting to ask questions and be involved in class discussion.

This school has programs for those who plan on attending a four year program, but need to improve their grades or their athleticism. The four year program that my school does offer is dance. I would recommend those that are interested in furthering their future or career in sports, or dancers, attend this school. The programs that are available are for those who need to improve their grades before furthering their educations. Also, they are for aspiring dancers of all tracks. THe programs are extremely helpful and it being a small school allows more one on one than other schools.

Jenna

Dean College is a small school with a great arts department for Dance and Theatre, and an especially good school for people to bring their grades up if they struggle academically.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to stress and worry so much about little details that are out of my control, like what my roommate will be like or how often I am going to have to write long papers. I would tell myself to focus on enjoying my last year of high school and to physically push myself more to prepare for a demanding life of being a dance major in college. I would tell myself to start eating better and using a planner so that in college I wouldn’t have to teach myself how to do those things on top of all of the other things I have to keep track of. Also, I would tell myself to start saving what little money I had at the time because paying tuition is stressful and every penny counts.

The best thing about my school is that there are lots of opportunities to get involved with the performing arts because it gives dance and theatre students the hands-on experiences they need to gain experience in their career fields.

Maite

My classmates are very intellengent in the classroom aspect when it comes to learning .

My school is best known for dance and the liberal part of it . Its a very great school for science majors and anybody who wants to be a dancer in order words .

Precious

Ifi could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to be more organized. By organized i mean planning out which days im doing certain assignments, just so im not rushing or feeling overwhelnmed. I would also tell myself to start going to sleep early and waking up on time for classes because that is what I have a problem with here at college now.

I think the classes are the best things about this school. All of my classes are great .

Kathryn

Dean College is made up of students and faculty who are energetic and very friendly, and who take much pride into their school and there work, there is always someone either a student or staff that is willing to help you out which is wonderful.

Classmates are wonderful, supportive people, wheather your full time or part time you make wonderful friends who are there to encouarge you, as a part timer you sometimes have smaller classes which is eaiser to make connections with your classmates!

Oranization, plan, scheduleing. Be prepared to work hard for your dreams, high school is tough butv so is college and the real world. Enjoy every minute wheather you go part time or full time you will achieve your goals and dreas. There are people who want to help you, ask for help, accept the help. Take pride in who you are and what you want to do. Be Thankful. Your high school teachers do there very very best to get you ready for college. Greatfull. Be extra gratefull for your parents who have raised you and is helping you achieve you college dreams and have been there in the ups and downs.

Erin

My school is big on getting the students involved in everything they offer.

My school is big on getting the students involved in everything they offer.

What advice I would give my high school self would be to follow my original plans on where to go after high school. I have been wanting to go to Dean College since my Junior year. Unfortunately, some of my family didn't agree with the path I wanted to take, which was to major in dance. After exploring my options by going to a community college and then to a Cosmetology school, five years later I decided to go back to my original dream. I don't regret becoming a hairdresser, but if I followed my Dean career path I could have been graduated and working by now. So maybe I should really tell myself it's ok to have a backup plan but always follow your dreams and don't listen to anyone that says you can't do it. I am proud that I realized that now while I am still young and before it was too late.

What I brag most about my school to friends are my two favorite classes, my Arts and Entertainment class and my Tap class. Both classes have great teachers and am learning a lot.

Toyomi

There is nothing unique about Dean College

There is nothing unique about Dean College

I would say to try your best in school. Also don't let others distract you. Make sure you do your homework and get enough sleep.

I think Dean College is great school for everyone!

Brianna

My classmates are diverse.

My classmates are diverse.

Looking back, knowing now about college life and the transition, I would tell myself to be patient and think things through first. Wanting to be like most of my classmates, I wanted to start college as soon as the following year, which was a big mistake. During my last years at high school, I didn't put much thought into what I actually wanted to have as a career in the future, all I knew is that I liked fashion. I ended up getting accepted to a college close to my house that had a decent fashion major. I hated everything about my first year; my classes, my major, the commute, etc. Due to personal issues and heartbreak, I decided to drop out of college, focus on myself and figure out what I want to do with my life. During the break, I learned a lot about myself and how I wanted to be in the future. That being said, I would tell myself to be patient and take time to think before rushing into things.

That it is a private college, therefore, more expensive.

Fotini

My classmates at dean are helpful, we work together to get our work done.

My classmates at dean are helpful, we work together to get our work done.

Do not forget about one assignment because it will put you be hind.

Dean College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.