Franklin, MA
Dean College

Video courtesy of Dean College.

Dean College is a private, undergraduate institution located in the heart of Franklin, Massachusetts, a 45-minute drive from both Boston and Providence. Founded in 1865, Dean College has provided over 150 years of education to an ever-growing alumni base of over 25,000.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dean College

Fixed  rate loan

Jaclyn

My classmates are helpful and very nice people who I believe are openminded by the way they treat others.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself an ear-full of helpful information. YOU CANNOT SLACK!! Even when you are sick, it is the worst thing to do. Staying ahead and keeping up with assignments will lead you to a successful semester. College is nothing like high school, it is more flexible and not as much drama. It will be a very tough first semester but you will eventually get used to the transition of having no money and eating at random times. Don't be so nervous, being nervous only stops people from wanting to get to know you. Lastly, I would tell myself to just work hard and that it will all pay off in the future so giving up is not an option.

I think a person who wants to put themselves in a new enviroment with all new people should attend Dean College. Dean College students are from all over the world, so if a person was to attend here they should be comfortable with meeting new people and adapting to their surroundings.

Thomas

I would tell myself to get my work done and get good grades. I would tell myself that highschool is not worth parting or having fun at.

A person who has a little trouble with school in the past.

Shannon

At Dean College my classmates are all different within their personalities, but come together very easily as friends.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would have a lot of advice and knowledge to give myself. First being, stop worrying about how many friends I have. The friends I had then did not stick around after graduation and just go to show how true they were to me. I worried way too much as to how people percieved me and especially the way I looked. I would tell myself to make time to relax and stop beating myself up over the projects or essays I had to accomplish. As a perfectionist, I tend to drive myself crazy and I would like to remind myself that perfection is impossible. Most importantly, I want to tell myself to just be happy. Be happy for I still live at home, happy that I live in my town, and happy with myself. I worried way too much and now that I am comfortable in who I am, I regreat giving myself those sleepless nights. So listen up senior year Shannon, just be happy.

I believe people that do not like small schools should definitely not consider coming to this school. Everyone knows who you are and what you are here for. Most of the people who attend Dean College are from around the area which may also make someone feel isolated.

Bryanna

Dean College is best known for its arts programs, especially the performing arts and the communications field. They also are very widely known for their Business and Sports Management courses.

I would tell myself not to give up, and instead of letting things get in my way use it as an inspiration to do better. As a high school senior I was very depressed because of the recent death of my father and I let this get in the way of my studies. I would personally tell myself to not let my fathers death break me down, but instead focus that pain into my education in order to persevere.

The best thing about Dean College is the ability to excel in what you want to learn about. Even if it isn't your major there are a lot of extracirriculars for students to be able to join.

Robert

I would tell myself to work harder in choosing a school instead of having my principle hwlp me out entirely. When choosing school, I was the one being manipulated by Dean College and was too blind to see how awful of a school it actually is. My plan is to transfer after my sophomore year, which was my original plan. However, I could have commuted to the local community college instead of paying over 20K a year. Being from a family of 5 it will be entirely up to me to pay off the debt, which is possible.

The dance majors there are very attractive, so my friends came to visit and they agree.

Jamaya

My classmates are fun, outgoing, smart, talented, and goofy young people

My classmates are fun, outgoing, smart, talented, and goofy young people

If I could go back in time to talk to myself about college I would tell myself "all the things you heard about college is true, but you need to know that you would all the time to hang out with friends make sure you get your work did first. College is not like high school; the papers that you are doing right now is baby work. With the papers you have to do in college you have lot of pages. Just make sure you get your work did before you do anything. And if you need help don't be afraid to go to your teachers or your academic advisiors they could help you out. I wouldn't tell you anything wrong. I been through it thats why I'm telling you this now."

The only thing frustrating me right now is all the work I have. I came undecided so i have classes for two majors, and all this work is building up. If I dont do good on two of my papers I might failtwo of my classes.

My classmates are diverse in their work ethics, but all seem to get the work done effectiently by the required date.

In comparison to other schools, my school is unique becuase of its small and close knit campus. This school has a great way of making everyone feel comfortable and as if they are not just a number in the class room. I always feel of importance on this campus and that i am truly cared about by not only my friends, but the faculty and staff.

As a senior in high school, dancing was all i had known my entire life. I had been accustomed to a chaotic lifestyle of late night rehearsals, long car rides, and an over-bearing "dance mom" that drilled being a professional dancer in my head. I had always had a passion for helping others and being active within my community, but with my mother always in my ear about dancing, i thought choosing dance as a major was my best option. After completing my freshman year of college, i realized my true passion of psychology from taking one general psychology course. I took the step in changing my major to psychology, and i could not be anymore satisified with my decision. Therefore, if I could go back in time and give my high school senior self advice, i would tell myself that college is a time of discovery and that there is nothing wrong with changing paths. I would say that change is not necessarily always a bad thing and not to run from it. I would tell myself to embrace the change because in the end, the only person who knows what is best for myself, is me.

Cheryl

It’s time to make a lifelong decision, I know you really think that joining the Air Force is the right thing for you, but I would like you to consider another option. I know you don’t like school, but looking into the future, what can you do without an education? Even the Air Force knows you need an education, why do you think you have to attend the training school after basic training? I know you don’t think you can afford to go to school. There are ways to overcome that obstacle; there are all kinds of scholarships and tuition assistance programs you can qualify for. I know you think you can always go back to school, but I know that life will get in the way. You will have kids and a husband and being the person that you are you will put them first and you will be 50 years old and wondering what happened to your plans. So take the time now and do what is right for you because believe me you are a great and giving person and will go even further with this educational opportunity. Make the right decision!

The type of person that should attend this college is one that is patient in obtaining their degree. The college its self is a wonderful school and the teachers and/or professors are amazing as well as the counselors. A perspective student should know up front that it will take a little longer to complete your degree if you need to complete all classes in person. Even with that restriction, the college offers all the latest learning environments such as on-line, in residence and blended classes. The campus grounds depict a typical New England environment, attractive and quaint.

I find it frustrating that this college is only a part time college. I finally, after completing my work goal of retiring from the Air Force, am able to go back to school to complete my degree that I tried to complete while serving my country. I took a light schedule the first semester to ensure that I was in the right state of mind to attend college and do my best. I know I'm in the right state of mind to enroll full time but nine semester hours are the maximum I can take..

Dean College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.