Franklin, MA
Dean College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dean College

Fixed  rate loan

Jenny

The advice I would give to myself is just to keep focused. College can be really hard at times and you just have to take things as they come and MAKE time for the important things whether that means pulling an all-nighter or staying in on a friday night to write a paper.

The best thing about my school is that we are forced to do both academic and artistic classes (being a dance major). I really enjoy that we aren't just relying on our skill/talent to get by, and we will be academically intellegent in addition to a performer.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that they pride themselves on the dance program yet have not provided the dancers with much in return. We don't have enough performance oppertunities, rehearsal spaces, studios, performance spaces, or academic support. It would be really nice if they expanded the program according to how many people they accept into the program (they accept a ton of people but don't make multiple class times so dance classes have 40+ people in them).

Dean college is my dream college, I am learning everything I hoped to learn and more, I never thought I would make so many great friends while taking the neccesary steps to achieve my goal.

Dean college is a great place to learn great dance technique while making some very strong friendships. They have three great dance teams, two of which I am currently a member of. Academics are fairly simple but also can be challenging at times. It is located in a small town, which can be nice at times.

First I would like to adress the Parents. My mother and I are the best of friends, we talk about everything and do everything together. If you are nervous about letting your child move away to college my advice would be "Dont sweat it." They will call, and try to spend some free time with you. I know its difficult to just let go, but they are going to leave whether you like it or not. Also the school year goes by quicker then you would think, and in turn your relationship will become stronger. Now to the high school seniors. I would say no matter what attend college. If you dont know what you are interested in yet, just go anyways. You can get all of you needed academics out of the way, and when you really know what ou want to do you will be one step ahead. Dont be nervous about moving away from home or afraid of what might happen, once you get there you will have so many new adventures that will make college an unforgetabe experience. Good luck to all of the family's that are experincing College for the first time! :)

James

A place where the headmasters and so called counselers are unconcerned with the opinions and majority voice of students. For such a liberal curriculum focused school they are focused on taking as much money from students as possible. Rules are strictly enforced and tolerance for common teenage acts like drinking are poor. Poor maitenance and quality of buildings makes it difficult to understand where all that money goes.

Be sure to visit the college or university first and not only go on a tour, but branch off yourselves to see the real life that students lead. Colleges like mine take visitors on tours of only their nicest parts and do not show where you will be spending the majority of your time. Also consider the possibility that college life is not in your best interest, many friends of mine attended school for a short time and dropped out. This is a waste of time and money, not to mention you are wasting money on a school that may grant no opportunities or advantages whatsoever.

The bias views of those like advisors and counselers to comfort low income students and disregard upper class student needs is visable. The no drinking policy encourages students to stay indoors and not socialize with other students. Not to mention the poor food and horrific upkeep of necessities like bathroom and shower facilities within the dorms.

Ashlee

One thing that I express to parents is that they have to allow their child to choose the college of their choice, this is not a decision that the parents should make; then can be equally involved, but the child has to do what feels right to them. To the child I stress that they should talk to current students and see what they think of the school. I also tell them to choose a school that they feel they will be comfortable at and one they think they succeed academically. Students should not be looking for a "party school," every school has people who party it just might be well-known. Partying is the choice off the individual, and that should not be something one is looking for in a school. Finally I tell students they should figure out what they want from their college experiance and some goals that they would like to achieve, then do a lot of research on financial support, academics, extra-curricular activites, and other things that contribute to the college experiance, and from their find the college that will best help them achieve their goals and benefit the individual.

I think the best think about the school is that professors are readily available outside of class and most are willing to help. Classes are small, and the dance progam is well renowned. Professors get to know students on a personal basis becaue there are not large lecture halls.

My school is both academically challenging and a great place to meet friends for life.

I would advise them to look for a school that fulfills there needs for there major as well as the school that is most affordable for them. Always take a campus visit and speak with current students. Make sure the campus is safe and easily accessable for all your needs :ie: public trans., campus shuttle, security force, academic center with academic and technical support. Make the most of youir college experience by becomming involved in your school. Join school activities, clubs and attend schoolevents. Make lots of good friends and above all this , never ever forget who you are and that you don't need to change that for any reason to belong. College has enough people that will accept the real you. Those are the ones that become your LIFE LONG FRIENDS.

I tell them that the Dance and Arts Management programs are the best around. Also that with just under 1000 students in the school it is an ideal learning enviroment with a big college atmosphere.

Dean College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.