Dean College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dean College

EDDIE

If you have learning issues, this is NOT the college to go to. The ARCH program is very expensive and the Professors don't care enough to make the difference if you are not in ARCH.

Kaili

Dean has always been my first pick for college, and it has lived up to all of my expectations. I love that it is a small school, after a lot of visits before school even started, most of the support staff, and my lead professor knew me by name and in person. Help is there whenever you need it. There are always activities going on to keep you busy. I got involved in a lot of groups and I suggest that, especially if you are shy. I found the academic coaching to be extremely helpful, it costs extra, but it is worth it, even if you just need the time to be sure you're organized in a one on one setting. My Freshman year I finished with a 4.0 gpa, and I am still signing up for it again. I also recommend getting a job on campus, I have a work study and love it, and I also am an Ambassador, I give tours and get paid for it. Can't say enough great things about Dean!!!

Chris

great school, staff are there for you, and won't let you fail. All around wonderful school

Mikaela

It is a small campus and very safe. It is located in a small town in Massachusetts called Franklin and it is rated one of the safest towns in the U.S. While I was on campus I felt very welcomed and felt like I belonged there. The campus is very small with only about 1100 students all together which was one of the things I loved. Everyone was very nice and could answer any questions you had for them. Overall it is an amazing campus to be on.

Julian

My overall review of the college is positive. The teachers are attentive and friendly and the cafeteria food isn't terrible. It's a quiet campus so if you want to get wrecked on the weekend look somewhere else! I would recommend this college to someone who wants to focus on their studies instead of the fluffy bits of college life.

Jillian

Attending Dean College was an incredible and life-changing experience for me. I not only received my Bachelors degree from this school, but I made lifelong friendships and bonded with teachers in a way I never thought possible. The small classroom setting really allowed the teachers to get to know their students and I felt very comfortable approaching my teachers with anything I needed. Having a dance and theatre program at the school, there was always a performance to get involved in or go see. Students were actively involved in these activities year round, whether they were performers or just loved to watch the shows and/or help backstage.

Dean is a college that is very proud of it's academic, arts, and athletic accomplishments. Students support each other in their pursuits. For instance, the football players attend the dance performances and support the dancers, just as the dancers attend the football games and cheer on the football players. I'm proud to be a part of the Bulldog family!

Dean College is a beautiful and quaint college campus. Known by the large brick building named Dean Hall, Dean has a very picturesque campus. Small buildings scatter the premises, some of which resembling cottages, makes students feel at home on campus. When you walk into class, each professor knows you by name and engages in friendly conversation. The Franklin, MA small town feel is heavily evident throughout the school, whether it be the friendly "Good morning!," from your professor, or the smiling faces greeting you at the dinning hall, the campus soon starts to feel like your home away from home. If students are looking to get off campus for other activities, the Gillette Stadium is close by to catch a game or a concert, or the Wrentham outlets for a day of shopping. If you are looking for a fun day in the city, take the train! The train station is within walking distance of the school which makes for easy travel. If a hometown feel, with small intimate classes and great food is your type of college, Dean College is perfect for you!

Jay Jay

The school is very ravishing and intetesting I would love to learn at the school. It offers a good learning environment for learning and it would be an overwhelming opportunity to learn at such a interesting and exciting college like this.i look forward to getting a scholarship here

Jay Jay

Cat

Dean College is a small school, suitable for transferring out to other universities or colleges because the academics are fairly easy so it makes it really easy to get a high GPA. There are some really nice and awesome professors, but there are also some crappy ones.

Hussein

I am very excited to attend Dean college because of the opportunities they have for business students. I really need this money to get me there because learning at Dean college has always been my dream. I would like to learn more about the culture of the school and participate in on campus activities.

Jaron

Dean is a great place for academics, the teachers are really helpful, but the housing sucks barely any room for two people. There also isn't much to do around campus. There are events but they're never what you think of them to be. There also isn't many places within walking distance to get food. The food is also terrible there

Ryan

Im currently a sophomore at Dean, and I am transferring after this year. This is by far my worst experience that I have ever experience in my life. I do not recommend this school to anyone because I felt like I was a prisoner for two years. When Dean has their open house days they will put on an act to try to suck you into going to Dean. They will provide you with a good lunch, but dont be fooled. The food is hell. The food is unsanitary, especially the pasta and the marinara sauce. The marinara sauce is watery and the pasta is too soft. They will serve unnecessary dishes. The dining hall closes mad earlier, so you have to spend your own money on food at night. Let me get into campus safety. They are just a bunch of liberals that will shut down everything that is fun at Dean. They care more about giving out tickets and shutting down everything that is fun then for the well being of the students that attend this hell hole. However, if you have special needs or your a dance major then this school is the perfect fit. Ill say it again DONT COME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save your money while you still can

Holli

Dean College is a very interesting place to go to school. It is an amazing arts college and excels in dance and theatre. However, I feel as though it is lacking with every other major. The college is very easy academically and if you try even an ounce you should pass just fine. The class sizes are small, but this helps us as students have a personal relationship with the professors and to really get to know a lot of our classmates. The dining hall is fantastic! It is a buffet style so if you have a guest they have to pay an overall fee to get as much food as they want. All the food is made fresh and the school works with local farmers to ensure they are getting the best product around the area. The French fries are to die for and the soft serve ice cream is the highlight of my day! That’s not even the best part thought. The best part is the Bulldog Beanery which is a coffee shop on campus that serves a lot of Starbucks products. Thankfully I always feel safe on campus. I can walk around at night without any fear and as a woman that is extremely important. Campus Safety is always extremely helpful and never makes you feel like your issues are minanul. However parking your car is a different story. There are only two parking lots students are allowed to park in and they are both pretty far from the main part of campus. This is definitely not ideal especially with a New England winter.

Arianna

I really enjoyed visiting Dean. It honestly feels like a home away from home, the faculty and staff are extremely friendly and so are the students. The way everything is set up is very nice. I felt really welcomed at Dean and they seem to really care about there students. I can see my self there.

Daniel

The classes offered were some of the easiest courses I have ever taken throughout my whole entire academic career. I was in the honors program, easily maintained a 4.0 GPA and made Dean’s List both semesters without even trying. I was NOT academically challenged in the slightest. There are only a handful of good professors at Dean. On top of that, the dorm experience was absolutely atrocious. There were multiple thefts, fights, racism from surrounding neighbors to the college (in one instance, I, along with the entirety of Jones Hall, witnessed a neighbor to the college begin shouting racial obscenities at students who were simply commuting to their dorm rooms.) There were also MULTIPLE SEXUAL ASSAULTS ON CAMPUS IN 2017-2018 THAT WENT UN-INVESTEGATED. A student who was assaulted in her sleep (WITH PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!) was forced to move from HER dorm (as the attacker lived in the same building) while the assaulter was able to remain on campus, scot free. He was a baseball player and a major asset to the team, which explains why administration protected this individual. On top of the academics being far too simple for college level courses and unprovoked discretions with the local community, Dean has to be the most boring institution ever. I would go home just about every weekend because there was NOTHING to do besides small dorm parties with ten people standing in a room awkwardly. Even then, campus safety would come every ten minutes to ‘shut it down’ despite adhering to noise rules and regulations. Save your money. Save your time. PLEASE. I am in $20,000 debt because of this school after one year and have NOTHING to show for it.

It's a really great school. The first time I toured here I immediately knew that this was a place that I could call home. I immediately connected with the faculty and students here. They have so many opportunities for freshman students that you won't find at a lot of other colleges and universities.

marcenzya

My overall opinion on dean is great. When going for my tour of the college I was extremely nervous but the student advisors made me feel more welcomed. When looking at the college I was extremely happy on how it looked and what they had to offer was great. From places to study , places to chill and places to study which is a big thing for me. I am a very education oriented person my studies come before anything.

Jadyn

It was a lovely campus. Very small in size but very personal at the same time. I absolutely loved visiting and will want to visit again soon. Dean welcomed me with open arms and I met a friend in the first five minutes of being there. The atmosphere was just great and I look forward to learning more about it.

Edward

I've only been here for football camp for a couple of weeks now, but the staff has been very supportive as well as my peers. I'm a long way from home but the support I get from my coaches, staff and my teammates, makes me feel at home. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me and I'm proud to be here at Dean.

Jordan

Dean College is a place without tradition. A freshman experience for $55,000; I was expecting there to be great amenities, but I was in for a rude awakening, when I arrived on campus. I was mesmerized by the excitement for going to college to turn a blind eye to the lack of tradition on campus. "You get what you pay for. " This saying is something that should not apply to this school. $55,000 gets a school with no tradition, F rated food, immature students; but great professors.