Defiance, OH

Defiance College

« See more reviews of Defiance College

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. When I first started college i got depressed and i was having a hard time making friends. I decided one day that I wanted to rush a sorority. I did and I am now a memeber of Alpha Xi Delta and am also serving on Exec board. I also joined Pep Band and DC Players and got a lead in the Spring play. My classes have been very enjoyable and I now know that teaching is what I want to do for the rest of my life. College gave me a different outlook. Being on my own is the toughest part because I usually rely heavily on my parents. It has been valuable to attend college because I have figured out what in life makes me happy and I now know that mychildren will have a better life than I had.

Make sure that the college provides the majors and classes required to complete that major in a timeframe that fits your goals. Parents need to investigate all options and find a college with helpful financial aid individuals. Ask a lot of questions of these individuals, there are many grants/scholarships available and if they aren't helpful, find a college who is. A strong support system in any college administration is extremely important for young people. We are just "learming" to be on our own and still need some leadership until we become comfortable in our new environment. A smile and kind words go a long way in making us feel welcome.

Defiance College has given me the confidence I needed for a long time. Before, I wasn't sure that higher education was for me and if I would fit in as I am quite a few years older then a majority of the students. However, I got comfortable very early into my first year. I made firends fast and the professeors were very engaging and had an open door policy for any questions or concerns the students had. Not only did it solidify the fact that I should be going, I also got better at planning ahead and getting ready for exams and such. Without Defiance College, I would not be the man I am today.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to just relax. The advice that I would give myself is to simply be myself. I would encourage myself to be confident in my abilities and to not change. I would tell myself to not stress out or worry about the transition because I will adjust in no time. I would also tell myself to enjoy every second of the experience because time really does fly. Most of all, I would tell myself to make the most of everyopportunity.

Finding the right college is about figuring out what you enjoy doing. By finding a school that caters to your interests, you will make the most out of what your school can offer you. Schools offer so many opportunites because they want the students to take the opportunities. It is very inportant to get involved with as much as possible on campus. It will make for a more enjoyable college experience, and most opportunities can be added to resume's.

i have gottan a very good education out if college so far as well as making new social discoveries. education is a big part of life and here at defiance college the professors always are willing to help you in the process of discovering your self and discovering if your in the correct major. It has been valuable for me to attend college because i have not and would not get this kinda of eduaction or social interaction any where else.

College has help to better myself, it has help me mature becasue now i have to learn to live on my own a little bit. I also have to be responsible now that i have no one over shoulder to tell me things, or make sure that im doing my homework like i should. Defiance college has helped me alot it has help to not just grow but to be an adult.

I would tell them that the College has its faults like most schools do. The regestration office tends to mess things up screwing up people's situations whether class or finanical. The college is in a small town so there is nothing really to do and students tend to get drunk and get in trouble for it.

I would tell myself to live on campus and not to commute. I have switched my major so I would also tell myself to follow my gut instict. Not only that look hard for scholarships school is no where near being cheap.

The decision that a student makes about the college that they choose, should be that exactly: their own choice! Do not let your parents choose, this is your future and you have to live with what you choose.