Del Mar College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Del Mar College

joe

A school of information and changes the world.

Clarissa

It is a good school for other programs, but not the best in the Computer Science Department, except for about a few professors. There are always pros and cons when it comes to different people's opinions. For other people Del Mar College may be the the best college and while it may have its perks there are a few cons.

jocelyn

It’s a good school, they just need to work on there financial aid options and lower some of the book cost in the book store. The campus I feel needs more color, and culture to really add a more diverse feeling and energy to it. The campus is really big which is a plus but I’d really look into more Ingenuitive Options for the students to get around and use throughout the school year.

Del Mar is a community college and it attracts a wide range of students. They have a large dual credit program that has been incredibly helpful for me. It is common to be in a class with older students going back to school and high school students who haven't graduated yet. The class times are flexible, they even have night and weekend classes.

Alana

Throughout the semesters my professors were always willing and eager to help me learn. The class sizes are a great environment for those students who may need a little more hands on help. For a small community college, Del Mar is a great choice.

Anastasia

It's an awesome college, with reliable professors and a way to save money in the long run! The class sizes are all under thirty people, the professors are interactive with the students and there is a lot of hands on learning. The professors love to teach, and the students love to learn. It's an amazing college.

Gabriela

Not at all a bad place to study. The best thing about it is the professors and their availability. Being a community college, campus/off-campus housing isn't necessary, so the ratings there are irrelevant. The facilities, particularly those at the Garcia Science Building, are amazing. Our biotechnology students also happen to be some of the best in the nation.

Anastasiia

I just moved to the United States couple of years ago, I’ve seen collages and universities in American movies, but never actually been in them before Del Mar Collage. I should say that I’m impressed how good it’s beeing equipped, how many buildings and campuses it has. The overall experience is great.

Rebecca

It's a good school with good class sizes taught by good professors. It's a much more affordable option than the university so it is a good option for people paying out of pocket to save some money. The surrounding neighborhood leaves a little to be desired though and it is an older school so some buildings need to be repaired while others are getting renovated. There is a pretty good student life, so plenty to get engaged in if that;s your thing.

Dulce

It's a great school with great professors who are always ready to teach. They are always accessible after class or by email. Del Mar has many resources to help you study for exams or write essays. The tutoring also is free and you can go anytime you have time.

Maritza

Del Mar College is a great community college to continue your education. Tuition is much more affordable than the universities around the city and that can go a long way when youre trying to earn an associates. The class sizes are great and you really get more one on one time with your professors.

Amber

Del Mar College is a great campus to start over, start a new, or continue education. Easy to get enrolled, involved, and stay motivated for your career dreams. If it wasn't for Del Mar, I wouldn't be on my path to success. With the ocean view just 5 minutes away, this campus is something to sea.

Leticia

Del Mar College had many opportunities for students. Although it is a community college and does not offer a four-year degree. They have a great program for students who would like to pursue in a range of careers like radiology to cosmetics. They also have great professors who are very respectable. They encourage students to stay behind after class, visit them during office hours, or email them anytime with unanswered questions you might have.

Cynthia

My freshman year at Delmar I was so nervous, but the professors made everyone feel comfortable and welcomed. Really loved the small size classroom, more interaction within the student and with the professors. Professors are always responsive and go beyond their requirements to help the student. One professors, my favorite, in Anatomy & Physiology told me, “I am here to help you, even if it means staying late. My goal is to make sure all my students pass.” That is why I recommend Del Mar! One dream!

Madison

Del Mar is a pretty great school overall. I'm really glad that there's lots of help available to students. There's plenty of space to study on campus which was fantastic when it came to keeping myself focused on my course work. The tutoring center was also a huge help, and I love that there's counselling and disability services available to those who need it.

Dawson

It's a small school, but that means that the class sizes are also small and personal. Professor's are always available to get help, the facilities are great, and the hours are very flexible. Its also very cheap to attend. Courses were very educational and useful.

Trisha

As a current Del Mar student, I was impressed at the ease of application and enrollment. I have found the staff extremely dedicated and available. The student population is an odd mix of people that really want to be there and people who seem to be there under duress.

Shelby

Del Mar College has offered me many opportunities academically and personally, so I believe that their motto of "Dreams Delivered" is true to their heart. This college has matured me, and my experience with their kind staff, interesting courses, and collaborative students have impacted me positively.

Jenny

When I first visited Del Mar College, the first thing that caught my attention was the size of the campuses. Now if you do not know Del Mar they have the West Campus, East Campus, and finally the Northwest Campus, and every one of these campuses are beautiful and very easy to maneuver around. They are not very big, and finding classrooms and advisors around campus is probably one of the easiest tasks. Not only is the campus easy to learn, but as you see others around you can see how easy it is to make new friends. The people around the Del Mar campuses are so kind, and the administrators and others who work there are the most helpful people you have the pleasure to meet. I have never had a bad experience at Del Mar and I highly encourage others to put this college in your thoughts of consideration.

Patrick

A place where you can start being an independent young adult in life. It is a college where you can become who you want to be and find out who you want to be after college. Most importantly, Del Mar is a place where you can evolve a year or two of college experience and bring into a big time university.

Naomi

Del Mar is such a great campus. The teachers and faculty are very helpful and will help you when ever you need help. Most of the students are very nice.

Gabriella

Del Mar College, is a great community college that has so many opportunities for kids to strive and reach their goals in life. There are many programs that allow students to get degreaes and certifications for almost any career. College isn’t for everyone but Del Mar makes it “easy” for those who are trying to have a future career that they love, by offering trade schools and programs.

muneca

I really enjoyed my time at Del Mar college. The teachers really pushed the students toward bettering their grades. I was surprised how challenging some of the courses were because it is a junior college. Although some classes were tough, when the professors saw that a student was trying, they did what they could to help. They had a lot of resources for the students like computers, calculators, printers, and a campus book store! Del Mar College even provides on campus jobs for students. This is awesome if you are going to be spending a lot of time at the campus. Every once in a while organizations would come to the campus and help students get involved in the community.

daniella

it is very underrated.

I thoroughly enjoy being at student at Del Mar College. My experience has been great throughout the duration of me being enrolled, and I plan on graduating next semester with my associates. The work load is manageable and advisors almost always have convenient office hours. I would recommend this school for anyone looking to further their education.

Korri

I love the small, intimate classrooms and most of the professors are amazing. The campus is small so its easy to navigate around and there are plenty of day and night classes available. They offer many different programs so there are more opportunities to find something of interest.

Lorena

I have enjoyed all my classes and professors so far . They do care about students education

Yasmine

My overall opinion of Del Mar College is this, it is a community college, so you can't expect too much from it except getting an associate degree. Their classes can be a bit rigorous but honestly, you just need to find good study groups to get involved with and stick with them. When I say study groups, I don't mean with people who are just your friends that don't know the same material. You can't learn how to swim with another person that doesn't know how to swim, you both will go down. Find someone that knows the material and study with them. Del Mar College has a phenomenal student success center located right next to the library and the employees there are student tutors which have designated classes they have passed with an A. I went to that place often and that is how I was able to really understand the material in my courses. There are also other tutoring sessions held in the library daily which is extremely helpful especially when it comes to writing papers. The food is actually really decent and is made fresh daily. I’ve never gotten food poisoning from them so that’s a good sign. Also, a really good source you will need to know even if you’re not planning on going to this college is a website/app called RateMyProfessor.com, this website will show you ratings of any school professor in any subject. So, before you sign up for classes make sure you look up the ratings of certain professors before taking a class, so this will help you get the best experience through your semesters.

Tyler

I think for a small institution, Del Mar offers a ton of resources and classes for everyone from every walk of life. Classes ranging from basic computer programs classes like word and excel, to classes such as teaching and nursing or associates degree in many other things

Jordan

My opinion is that it is a great community college. The teachers are very nice and accessible. The facilities are nice however, the internet can sometimes be slow. There are programs to help you if you're struggling. The price is very inexpensive compared to other colleges now.

Odessey

I loved Del Mar College/ I saved money on classes and got great feedback from professors. I loved the convenience of walking over to the Harvin Building for food between classes. I also used the study areas throughout Del Mar College. If you need tutoring, there are two buildings that offer tutoring. One room specializes in math tutoring and is the best in Corpus!

Naomi

Del Mar is a great school. While the buildings on campus are currently undergoing renovations, There are many great places to sit and study including my personal favorite - the Stone Writing Center on the the fourth floor of the library. The professors that I have had the oportunity to study under have been very helpful. The homework can be challenging, but I have found the tutors to be very helpful.

David

I believe that i will succeed in life and do great things thanks to Del-Mar. Del-Mar is very affordable as long as you apply for Fafsa and do scholarships and grants because those will help you in the long run. i am grateful that Del-Mar has given me the opportunity for a great Future.

Jonathan

It was generally a decent Community College, I have not much more to say. A pleasant experience. I hope that people go there and enjoy their experience. I definitely think that for the money and the opportunity it is a generally excellent place to study for an Associates.