Media, PA
Delaware County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware County Community College

If I could go back in time i would tell myself to enjoy highschool. College is supposed to be fun but it is also the gateway to your future and you have to take it seriously. Have fun and learn all you can in highschool, it will set you up to succeed in highschool. Don't make your college decision based on where your friends or significant others go because you could miss out on some great opportunities and people by doing so. Don't be afraid to take chances. Keeping in touch with old highschool teachers is a great thing for you , especially if they know you really well. They can give you advice on anything since they have already been through it. Get involved in activities at the college, this is how you meet people and some of those people will be in your life forever! Don'r resent having to work hard and go through trials. The hard times are what shape you as a person and they teach better life lessons than you could ever imagine. Take it one day at a time. One day you will look back and be proud of what you accomplished.

Pamela

This may seem weird since I'm talking to you and I am you, but years older. I have some advice for you as you head to college. You?re probably thinking this is your chance to finally get away from the abuse your endured while growing up. If you have to be ?running away? at least it?s to college. But you need to slow down a bit and not carry the pain and hostility toward your parents into the classroom or else you?ll have some major problems. You should be proud of yourself because despite your upbringing you excelled in high school. You?re on your way to fulfilling your dream to become a surgeon. Enjoy college life and all that it has to offer, but don't go wild with the parties and guys. Learn to balance working and course work, while at the same time enjoy life. You don't want to look back years from now and say to yourself "I wish..." "What if ...". Speaking to you now will hopefully prevent you from having those regrets. Congratulations on your success so far, the future is yours. Make the very best of it.

Someone who realizes the importance of education and wants an opportunity to learn and prepare for their future. The school offers alot of different progams and degrees and also provides the counseling if you are unsure of the path you want to take.

Anyone who is not serious about getting an education or is not willing to put the time and effort to succedd should not attend this school or any other school.

David

In the very beginning stages of life experience.

In the very beginning stages of life experience.

You underestimate your own strength and capability, and you overestimate the knowledge and capabilities of others. Strive for perfection, but don't let perfection be the enemy of the good. You don't have to be perfect to learn how to help other people. To remedy the many times you will question whether your efforts are gaining you ground in life as it moves swiftly beneath your feet, and you will need this remedy repeatedly, ask yourself these words of Dr. King, ?Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'?

This is a community college. The only people who should not attend this school are those that think they'll only get the job post-graduate that they're looking for is if their resume shows that they paid $50,000 per year for college.

Stacey

The students tend to feel quite involved in class discussions and are generally very engaging.

It's 2001 and I see myself walking across the stage, diploma in hand, graduating from high school and the only plan I have is to get out of town. After the ceremony I wait outside in the parking lot for myself. When myself gets into the car, I jump into the passenger seat and with a big, show business grin I shout, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Of course myself nearly has a mental breakdown when she sees me, a version of herself nearly ten years older. After myself calms down, she looks at me in suspicion and says she doesn't understand. I tell her she can just consider it a dream and take what she wants from the experience. I don't stay long as it's already pretty awkward. I stay only long enough to tell her to be the biggest person she can, not to be shy and to make the most out of every moment. I suggest that she follow her instincts more than she tends to and to satisfy her yearning to become a great painter and study in art school. "Don't rush anything," I tell myself, "but don't waste time."

Delaware County Community College offers a myriad of different courses. I was amazed to find that I had the opportunity to take a course in Arabic language! Almost every professor I have had has been very special, and extremely accommodating to their students. I cannot imagine a better experience in any other community college. I also appreciate the fact that DCCC offers the students a chance to study abroad every year, something that you may not find at other community colleges. DCCC is definately devoted to providing a thorough education for every student that enrolls.

Channon

Take ANY free scholarship you can take. As long as the school is accredited, go there. Don't give up the West Chester University of Pennsylvania full scholarship for ANYTHING. You will end up graduating from there (and not in the time frame you wanted) and you will owe an enormous amount of money in student loans becuase of your choice to go to Drexel first. TAKE the MONEY and get YOUR DEGREE!

The fact that they do not have more classes available online.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice I would tell myself that no matter what to keep my eye on the ball and to get my degree. I would say that no matter how big of a deal the social things seem to always remember that no one is going to write that paper for you or pass that exam. I would tell my younger self to take my advice super seriously because the path that I did take although it was fun...I really don't remember much, and all the people that were my "friends" I don't even know anymore. The last piece of advice I would give myself would be to be nicer to my parents because even though they can be "annoying" they just want the best for you and will always be there no matter how badly you mess up.

I think the number of available courses online is pretty awesome because I don't know one person who attends DCCC that doesn't have to juggle a number of other things like work or children. This gives the option to even people like me to go back to school and pursue a dream and still be able to pay my mortgage.

I tell everyone that at DCCC it's never an issue to get the class you need at the time you need at the location you need...which is huge when you are a full-time employed student like me.

Margaret

Don't live on campus first. You should take a few courses in your curriculum and then decide it it's where you'd like to continue. If you do like it , move forward and live on campus. If you don't, you haven't lost so much money.

It's close to my home and work. I enjoy the smaller class sizes too.

Getting online to pay for everything - their websites need to be more friendly.

Victoria

Small, community college, great for beginners.

Small, community college, great for beginners.

If the advisors in HS actually cared and gave the correct advice, I would of known how to apply for grants and scholarships instead of being insanely in debt.

Someone who is not sure if college is right for them .

Melissa

Go to college right from high school. Do not ever tell yourself that you are going to take off just one year, or even just one semester. One will turn into two, then three, etc. Next thing you know...no college degree. Just go. GET IT DONE. With this economy, you must have a degree to really get anywhere. High school never taught me how difficult being a single mother, working full time, with no college degree, could actually be. Take advantage of it while it's easy. And life hasn't gotten that complicated yet. Because if you don't...you will regret forever. I would know.

The best thing about my school is the tuition. This community college has great teachers, programs, etc. The tuition is a very reasonible price.

The worst thing about my school is how many individuals give it a bad name. Whwn in reality, it actually is a very good school. Just do some research. Even though it's a communty college, it may be your best choice.

Margaret

My classmates are from all walks of life and have a variety of interests that never cease to amaze me. Between their age differences and interests there are always things to compare and talk about while around campus or waiting on classes, etc. I totally enjoy my college campus and the people that I interact with each day. I am sure that when I graduate I will definitely miss this small campus and the classmates that I've come to know.

If you are truly not sure what you'd like to pursue, attend a community college that is still close enough to your home to commute. There you can try things out and see if that course of study is right for you. If you choose to pursue your education further after completing your Associates Degree, then take a look at a four-year college and talk to others who attended that you know or trust before making any decisions. Don't forget to visit the campus as well because the size of the campus also plays a big role in how you adjust to campus life. It's a lot harder that you think.

Our branch of Delaware County Community College is new so while they are going through their growing pains there are two things that I've discovered to be a disadvantage: one is the lack of a bookstore in which to buy the books required for individual classes and the other is parking. It has been shown to be a huge inconvenience not to be able to obtain your books because "not enough were sent" as to how may students were signed up for the course(s). As for the parking, this is part of the growing pains and grass works.

Delaware County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.