Media, PA
Delaware County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware County Community College

Margaret

My classmates are from all walks of life and have a variety of interests that never cease to amaze me. Between their age differences and interests there are always things to compare and talk about while around campus or waiting on classes, etc. I totally enjoy my college campus and the people that I interact with each day. I am sure that when I graduate I will definitely miss this small campus and the classmates that I've come to know.

If you are truly not sure what you'd like to pursue, attend a community college that is still close enough to your home to commute. There you can try things out and see if that course of study is right for you. If you choose to pursue your education further after completing your Associates Degree, then take a look at a four-year college and talk to others who attended that you know or trust before making any decisions. Don't forget to visit the campus as well because the size of the campus also plays a big role in how you adjust to campus life. It's a lot harder that you think.

Our branch of Delaware County Community College is new so while they are going through their growing pains there are two things that I've discovered to be a disadvantage: one is the lack of a bookstore in which to buy the books required for individual classes and the other is parking. It has been shown to be a huge inconvenience not to be able to obtain your books because "not enough were sent" as to how may students were signed up for the course(s). As for the parking, this is part of the growing pains and grass works.

Melissa

I like that my school is about 15 minutes away from my house. I attend the west grove campus of the DCCC. It's so important to me that schools have different campuses because I feel it enables students to get an education. Not everyone has the ability to drive to a further campus. It's also unique because it has smaller class sizes, which allows a little more flexibility for professors to help students.

Wow, what a great question. Knowing what I know now, I most definitely would have gone to college right out of high school, rather than waiting a few years to start. During those years I waited, I ended up having a child. I now am a single mother working full time, attending college. It is definitely harder now than it would have been back then. Back when I was a senior, I would of had a lot more time to devote to studying and being able to transition to the college life. I might have been able to get away with not working as well had I of gone right out of high school. That is important because I see now how hard it is to find a class schedule that allows me to see my daughter, still work, and earn the degree I am so eager to get. My advice to every senior is to not only go to college, but go straight out of high school. People like to take a break, however it'll be a much better break after you graduate college and can enjoy a career, as well as really relax.

There isn't anything that surprised me when I came to this school. I pretty much expected everything that I discovered. However, I was caught off guard by how polite the staff was, and by how willing to help you they are with anything and everything. I had previously attended Del-tech and, truthfully, some of the staff there weren't as caring and helpful. I also had a problem with them when I had my thyroid cancer.

Delaware County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.