Georgetown, DE
Delaware Technical Community College-Owens

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware Technical Community College-Owens

Krystin

Moving away from home and attending college was a huge adjustment for me. The academics were more challenging than I expected, but not in a bad way. They challenged me and pushed me to do my best. On top of that, the students were so helpful. Study groups and teamwork were essential in my classes and everyone supported each other. Even the teachers looked out for you. The teachers in charge of my program were nothing but encouraging and comforting, helping without question if I ever had a problem or doubted my own abilities. They encourage you to get involved as well. Because of my teachers, I have joined a club, something I thought would have been impossible with my workload, and also decided to try my hand in independent research next semester. Everyone at Delaware Tech encourages you to do your best, to try your hardest, and to never give up. Delaware Tech was not what I expected; it was better.

Angela

Del-Tech has great class sizes, instructors are easily approachable, and fellow students who have returned to learn are a great asset to the study. The campus doesn’t offer housing so the rating doesn’t apply. Affordable tuition and convenient locations and classes.

holden

this college has all of the amenities that any college student who just got out of high school trying to decide what they want to do or for anyone who has been out of an education program for several years that want to refresh their knowledge. The professors are always available whether at their office, after class, or setting an appointment time to meet.

Jasmine

Del-Tech Owens is a great campus. It's safe and easily navigated. Campus security is always around. I take late night classes and this is a plus! Teachers are experienced. They care about you're education. The classes are flexible and plentiful! I think this is a great starter school!

Saul

Its an ok school it is the school to go when you have very little options

Its an ok school it is the school to go when you have very little options

It's a great college. The instructors are very easy to talk to and get a hold of. They are always there to answer questions. The students get along great. Be are always very nice. They help each other out too. It is very safe on the campus, and if you did get a little worried there is always security that can walk you to your car. All in all I love going to Delaware Tech

morgan

I love the school and the people it makes you never want to leave. the people there take high pride into the school as a whole. for example the buildings are always so nice and clean. the students will actually work together to be able to help one another succeed in what they want to do. and you form life long friends while you are here.

Del Tech is best known for its history from when it first opened as a college. Del Tech is also known for the accredited coarses that are available.

I would tell my self to be prepared for the classes ahead of you. Some of the classes you may have taken in last year but the one in college will be tougher. You do not have all year to learn the subject. you may have 8-16 weeks to learn it. after a while you will get use to it but the constant new faces of teachers and people around you will be annoying but you will have to live with it especally with the major you have and planning on transfering. Always have time to go back to your car so you can switch books time to time beacuse you can't keep those heave books in the classroom anymore. Those expensive things you would want to keep near you at all times.

The best thing about Del Tech is the walking distance between classes and by how some of the buildings connect just incase of harse weather. The classes are not too full, so there is time for students to ask teachers questions and get one on one time.

Marco

In my knowledge, I would say that most people in Delaware knows that Delaware-Technical & Community College in each campus is specialized the most in their nursing program. Many people are enroled in the Nursing field, and most employers would easily accept a graduate from Nursing from Delaware Tech. I don't really know deep details about the Nursing Program, but I can say that it is very extensive as some friends say. The classrooms are equiped with essential tools for the preparation of the students. Most high schoolers that want a Nursing degree at college will choose Delaware Tech.

First of all, I would tell myself to stop being timid and a slow decision maker because this will put a barrier to pursuing my dreams and goals set for my future. I would also tell myself to know and explore every single place I will be standing at because by doing that I will get use to being a professional and independent. Also, I would tell myself to not be afraid of asking help or any kind of advice to instructors, counselors, or other professionals because I will not be able to make the right decisions by myself. Finally, the most essential point I would tell myself is that when it comes to choosing my major I should choose the carrier that I will enjoy and be glad with for the rest of my life, not choosing first the one that will offer big amounts of money because it will ruin me emotionally. It is better to wake up and go to work in peace than being waken up by the alarm clock and be forced to work in a boring place. I should use wisdom before inteligence, preventing bad choices before regreting them.Make decisions and face consequences!

Well, I would brag about my college having an international club. There are many people from many different countries. It is amazing because Delaware is a very small state and we have people from all over the world. The international club has its own role in the college. Any international student is welcome to join the club, which is very nice. The club directors organize fun activities such as trips, international day, meetings, and others. The most important thing I see about our International Club is that it enables people to know other cultures and traditions different to the local.

Christine

If I could go back in time, when I was a senior in high school I would have told myself to take things seriously and not just work to get a passing grade. All the time I think to myself that I wish I would have done better in high school. Now more then ever I realized they were teaching me this stuff for a reason, and in high school I didn't listen as well as I should have and I slacked off. I didn't give the 100% effort into my school work that I should have, and now I realize the consequences. I now work hard and study long hours to make up for the grades I should have been earning in high school, and if I do bad on a test I know I gave it my all and I can't be mad at myself for it. So, my advice would be to always put in 100%, therefore, I will have no regrets later on in my life.

I would prefer more online courses. I work a full time job and take 3 college courses. I feel so rushed when I get done work at 5:00 and have to make it to my 6:00 class. I would much rather prefer online classes because I have taken them in the past and I love them. They are so much easier for someone you works full time and manages a household.

If someone is looking to go away to school to live on your own, this is not the type of school to attend. Also, if you prefer a large classroom with lots of students to about 50 or more, this is not the place.

Delaware Technical Community College-Owens administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.