Wilmington, DE
Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington

Sydney

DTCC is very flexible and accomodates its students, as many of them are very busy and active outside of the classroom. They provide services that help their students balance work life, attending and succeeding in school, and their home life as well. It's very comforting to know their staff cares about its students that much.

Although I loved my undergraduate experience at James Madison University, there are two main things I wish I would have been much more aware of as I began my time there instead of upon graduating. The first would be, “every class counts.” As with most colleges, there are many classes students are required to take that do not pertain directly to their major or program. These classes tend to get neglected in terms of effort, and I was no different. However, I noticed during my senior year I had plenty of B’s in those classes that could have been A’s if only I had given just a little more effort. The second point would be to take advantage of every opportunity. Looking back on my time in college, there is so much I wish I did or involved myself with and it breaks my heart that it did not happen. It’s okay to break away and do things your friends aren’t doing, as you will do that in life and will still maintain friendships. Do what interests you and makes you happy. Cherish all of your time at JMU; you will miss it.

I wish I would have been able to find out how flexible my schedule could be in regards to which classes are offered at different times throughout the year (Spring semester, Summer semester, Fall semester, etc.).

The advice I would give the high school senior me would be to relax and not worry about the courses and the people I would meet. I would tell myself to go in there and be me, the real me. I would tell myself to believe in my abilities and that I can do anything I put my mind to. I would also tell myself to be creative and have fun and just keep doing what I am doing and I'll be alright. The last thing I would tell myself would be if you reach for the moon, you might touch the stars

I wish I knew that I wanted to be in Baking and Pastry so I would have started out in that major and not Criminal Justice.

The only thing I would consider as the "worse thinkg" would be that for the major I am in they don't have a a degree for it they only have a diploma or certificate.

Myron

If i could back and talk too myself in high school i would tell myself too work harder and study smarter because the world is changing and having a education is the key too successs.

Jordan

My classmates are hard-working and talented individuals who try to find the best in each situation in life.

The greatest piece of advice I would give to myself is to never turn any opportunity to better yourself down. Every time I have turned down opportunities to try and learn new skills or to set myself up for a better future, I found out later that I really needed these skills. I felt completely foolish at that time. Without many of these skills, I have found myself floundering in college life. For example, I had many opportunities to learn extremely advanced engineering and machining topics in high school. Instead, I did not focus on those aspects of my schoolwork. Now that I need them so desperately for college, I have to focus and work as hard as the other students when I could be using the skills I already have to stay ahead. That is my one true regret.

The best thing is that it provides a simple and affordable learning environment for those who really want to make improvements in their life.

Anna

My school is best known for helping students achieve thier goals no matter what. It helps you overcome your obstacles that is standing in your way. They let us know that our dreams our never too big for us.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior I would start off by telling myself how important it is to attend college right after highschool. It is important to me because I realize the two year gap that I took has effected my studies. This would have helped sustain the knowledge that was taught to me by my teachers and peers to become a better role model for my family.I will maintain a daily routine that would keep me focus and determine to achieve my goals. Which is to become an elementry school teacher that gives me the chance to make an impact on my future.Being prepared is another important factor . For example taking the necessary steps such as speaking to your counselor, taking your SATS, Applying to colleges, and finacial aid. In my opinion the most important step is being ambitious. You must believe that you can obtain anything you put your mind and efforts towards. Having that mindset to adapt to an upcoming transition in your life. In conclusion if I could have gone back in time this is what I would have done to prepare myself for college.

A determined person who wants to succeed in life . A person who believes they can achieve any goal they put their mind too. A person who will never give up on thier dreams and goals. A person who wants to make a change in thier life and become somebody. A person who never quits and that knows no goal is to big to achieve as long as you try your best give it your all and never give up .

Adam

my school provides me with the tools i need to become successful in my near future by preparing me for the working world.

I would have went back and told myself to have practiced being more independent. When i graduated and started college, the difference was quite notable. Nobody is there to give you detention or help you arrange your next semester of classes. i think college solely focuses mainly on being independent, but also allows you a greater amount of freedoms as well. But with these freedoms come greater responsibilities. you must make your choices and manage your time wisely, or else little gets accomplished. basically when it comes down to it, you are all on your own. The school provides the tools and resources, but it is truly up to you how you use them. In the end, it could be the difference between a job, and a full fledged career.

nothing in my opinion is frustrating at all about my school due to a very helpful staff and an even more helpful team of proffesors.

As a high school senior, I was a very intelligent, kind, and bright young woman. I always received straight A's and was part of the national honor society. I set high goals for myself and always achieved them. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that I was all of those things and I would tell myself to have more confidence in all of my abilities. As a high school senior I chose to attend an in-state college because I was afraid I wouldn't make it on my own. If I could go back in time I would tell myself I can make it. At 23 years old, I have an associate's degree in interior design and have decided to go back to college to receive Bachelor's degree in nursing. I have applied to attend a four year college in Miami, Florida, about 1500 miles away from my home town. When I begin my journey as a nursing student, I will begin it with confidence and faith that I have everything it takes to be the best person and student I can possibly be.

I wish I had known how long the wait to get into nursing clinicals is.

The nursing program at my school is too small. There are not enough clinical seats for all of the students in the nursing program. If I stay at my school, I will have to wait at least a year to get into clinicals after completing all of my prerequiste courses with A's and B's. There is no point in getting a 2 year associate degree if its going to take 4 years to obtain. You might as well go to a four year college and receive your Bachelor's degree.

Jasmine

Coming into DTCC i know most of my peers so i'm pretty comfortable and my classmates are really cool people.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself that i'm not taking my future too seriously. I need to work harder on these grades(gpa) because now i really know that they do mean everything, they determine your future. In reality making the transition was heartbreaking, i was denied a school because of my gpa. If you don't take the work seriously then these colleges aren't either, making the transition harder and longer. It's a major setback and reality check, it truely wakes you up to get you back on the ball. But starting from where i am is not a totally bad thing because i'm actually learnig better so when i do make it to a university or regular college i will be more than perpared for the tasks and work i wll be given. I just call it another life lesson and i truely do wish that i could go back and talk to myself or even do it over again.

I want to be a nurse but until then i am considered a Health Career Studies student. I wish i would have known that the clinical program was a very competitive program to get into and has very limited seating.

Lindsey

DelTech Community College students are extremely varied: you get students that are older, younger, graduates taking more classes for personal growth, and first time college students; there's always a lot to learn from the classmates.

One thing that I would tell myself as a high school senior, with the knowledge I have now, would be: even though you may not have been accepted at your #1 choice school, there are so many more options out there, explore them. Do not dismiss the idea of going to a small community college for a couple years, and then transferring to your choice school. This option offers you the same education, and you will find some great teachers at community colleges, all at a lesser cost. This also allows you to ease into the college setting by offering smaller class sizes while you get used to the workload of college classes, thus preparing you for when you transfer to a larger university. Just make sure you work with a counselor, and double check that the classes you are taking will transfer to the university you want to go to.

For a student who works as well as goes to school, the campus bookstores can be very frustrating. My advice would be to make sure you check online for any information you may need to get your books, call ahead to make sure they are open, and ALWAYS bring your schedule and college ID with you.

Knowing what I know know, if I could go back in time, I would give myself a very good talk about the do's and don'ts of being a college student. When going away to college you have to get adjusted to mommy and daddy not being their to help. You must also get adjusted to the fact that you are in the real world by yourself. You have to realize that the friends you are going to make, might not be your real friends 4 years from now. College life is not all about parties, going to the club, or who is the hottest person on the football team. What counts in college is your school work not your friends. If your friends want you to party with them all the time then most likely their grades are not good. Those are the ones who want to bring you down with them so they can waste their parents money.

Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.