Wilmington, DE
Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington

Stacey

DelTech is a hopeful and interesting place to learn about all different topics.

DelTech is a hopeful and interesting place to learn about all different topics.

I would go back to my seventeen year-old self and tell her to enjoy absolutely all of life. Not just the social life but also the time spent in the classroom. It has taken almost two and a half years for me to realize that I absolutely love learning and don't want to stop after I get my associates degree. I would also tell myself to work as hard as I can to achieve the greatest grades possible, not to please my parents but just to feel accomplished for myself. I would also like to tell my teenaged self to not worry about growing apart from my high school friends. People come in and out of your life time after time but I truly believe that if you have one good friend in your life you're doing something right, and I've got quite a few great friends. Between twenty and seventeen may only be three years but it feels like an entire lifetime. I'd love to be able to tell my younger self to have no regrets. To live all days to the fullest. To love to the most.

Before I came to DelTech I wish someone had told me to be sure of my major and to absorb all that I learn no matter how trivial it seemed. So much time was wasted by switching between majors and by failing classes because they seemed like a waste of time. I just wish I had been smarter about things.

Jaijee

College teaches a person how to be a man. What I meant is that, you have to be responsible for your action. Always go over the thing you learned each day. Finish your works today, dont ever wait till tommorrow. You always has to be willing to learn new things, go out of your comfort zone and show the intend that you belong in this colleges or unversities. You must focus in your classroom, listen to your instructor, ask questions if you didnt understand anything. You always have to make the first move if u need any help, help wont search for you. Make new friends. That will always help you down the line like when you need help with something u didnt get from the class. Always do your papers in time, dont be ever late. Last but not least, when you get a chance to enjoy yourself, make most out of it because those days dont come often.

The best thing about my school is that I can choose my class time so it doesnt interfere with my work schedule. Job is really important to me because I need money to pay my tution fee and cost of books. And another best thing i like about my school is that the technology it has. Blackboard is software where I can check notes, if i miss a class, or check homeworks, easy to communicate with teacher. I enjoy going to Del Tech.

I brag most about my teachers in my school, they explains everhthing very well in class, and if i need some personal time with teachears, they are willing to talk with me or tutor me during their office hours. They responds back quickly when I sent them email or phone calls .Most important is that they care about my future.

Thomas

The convenience to the public bus routes, the affordability, and the small class sizes.

I would have put more effort into completing college right after high school. The benefits greatly outweigh the downfalls. It's a lot easier than it seems, if you just put the effort there.

The great teachers and employees that are always willing to go the extra mile to help you with anything.

Jordyn

I would tell myself to fully commit to being in school,and if not then to wait a year and after that then go into it full force because of what I know and how I gained the knowledge. It have been a life altering experience becoming a parent and having this little person to provide for knowing I can't fully do that without a college education. If I hadn't fooled around my freshman year then maybe I would be in a more stable place with school and with homelife. So I would tell myself to wait a year if I truly couldn't handle the pressure and knowing the things I do I would have to tell myself to go to school and suck it up and try my best because the future has other plans for me than hanging out with friends and working all the time.

Everything about the school.. all the procedures and the time it takes to register for class, and all the inviting people that would be able to help me with my decision making.

The type of person that should attend this school would be someone who is looking to get out into the real world quick. Depends also on the finances in the family , if they can afford college. I know from my experience that I should have waited at least another year because I wasn't ready all I wanted to do was hang out and work, I didnt want to go to school full time and then work full time. Now that I am a mom and have to I am willing to do what it takes.

Bethany

Look and apply for as many scholarships as possible. The more money you get in scholarships is the more money you dont have to pay in the long run. It's a good thing to start doing the end of junior year during the summer, and the beginning of senior year. It is also a good thing to start applying to colleges over the summer. Normally the essay questions are the same from year to year, so it is easy to start on these applications.

I wish I would have understood how scheduling classes worked. I was thrown into some classes that I really did not agree with, but i did not fight for it. So i was stuck with what was given to me.

There really is not anyone that should not attend a community college. It saves money, and you get the same education except on a more one on one basis. I think everyone should give this a shot, and maybe the university will lower their tuition so transfering would be easy and cost less

Delaware Technical Community College-Stanton/Wilmington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.