Dover, DE
Delaware Technical Community College-Terry

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware Technical Community College-Terry

Angel

It’s a nice school and all but it’s not for me because they will give you the run around a lot and it kinda reminds me of high school honestly because that’s how people act and that’s the energy I feel. It will be a good school if they update some stuff and keep the bathroom clean and the teachers actually teach as well as the Fasley advertisement about book book slips.

Gabrielle

I think DelTech is a wonderful college. I attend college at the Terry campus and the people on campus are so welcoming and kind. I came from out of state and I feel like I'm at home when I'm on campus. Sometimes I never want to leave. The facilities are immaculate and clean and the campus is open and there are plenty of things to do. There are tennis courts, basketball courts, lacrosse fields, and a gym accessible to students. I have no regrets coming to DelTech Terry Campus and I'm glad I came.

Kwinton

Delaware Technical Community College is an awesome institution. The teachers are great, they are always ready to help in whatever way possible that they can. My overall opinion, was and is shaped by my experiences. I started going to Del Tech in the summer of 2013, originally to establish college credit, that could and would be transferable if need be. The college I initially went to was Delaware State University. At that time I was still attending DTCC, taking elective classes. That schedule did not work well with me, as I would soon find out. Fast-forward about two years, to when I almost failed out of DSU, I have them send my transcripts to DTCC,change my major to Human Services, and start taking classes for my major that summer. I am now almost done my classes, expecting to graduate by May of 2018, I am happier now than I was at Del State. I am more focused, and it was all thanks to the people, the experience and the friends I made at Delaware Technical Community College-Terry Campus.

Asia

Sometimes it's hard to find something to do outside of class but the learning commons is a great place to hang out. I feel like I'm getting a quality education and all of my teachers are helpful and care about their students. For my visual communications major, the teachers are pretty laid back and connect well with the students while teaching valuable information for our anticipated careers.

Jenkins

I would say: work on your portfolio so you can get into your first choice art school; talk more with people to raise your ability to socialize with others rather than watching; get to exorcising to feel better physically and lose some fat: ask for all the adobe programs your parents can get you to avoid being behind your classmates; find your wing chun teacher; go to the church your sister is going to ; avoid finding a job that you don't really need; walk the dog more; remember to not call you dog when he is on the other side of the street so he doesn't get run over; remember to housebreak the little chihuahua your mother gets you so it's not given away; remember to pray to christ regularly; practivce your drawing skills more; study anatomy and apply it to your art; practice more design methods; think outside the box; stop your current ritualistic beliefs and to turn to God already; practice tact; go to the store and pick out a suit or two, you are going to need them; practice interviews; write the books you want to write. No. Drawing. It . "NOW GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!"

I would have to say the people, sure the equipments good but, everyone here is aiming for something in the future whether to further their own careers, reputation, faith, beliefs, or militay connection. It really is a melting pot of thoughts feeling and focus that one gets drawn into easily.

I would have to say the only thing wrong would be the lack of dorms. It's not that I don't like being with my mom and dad, but a bit more real world expierience of being out in the thick of it would help me focus more on my assignments and worry about gas prices less in the future (that and the cooks would have to step up there game to satisfy students).

Caitlyn

I have had a tough time finding my place in the world. With the juggling of finances, programs and passions, I have taken my decision seriously and took a gap year in order to find my place in the world. As a senior in High School, I was in no way ready to figure out what path I needed to follow. I was angry, lost, and so ready to be away that I didn?t take the time to find myself during the difficult decision making process. I wish that I could go back in time, and tell myself the ever-present phrase in my family whenever anything overwhelming happens of ?this too shall pass.? Now I'm headed to The Art Institutes to go into Culinary Management, and I couldn't be more excited. I've weighed my financial ability and my dreams and I am now following my passions into a career. If I had had a clear enough mind as a Senior I might have been able to come to this crossroads and realization sooner, but the journey has been an enlightening one that I wouldn?t change for a minute.

My school is helpful and caring in a way I had never thought college would be like, my teachers are thoughtful, creative, and intelligent individuals who I look up to and aspire to be like.

A majority of my classmates are individuals who don't really know what they want to do with thier lives, however, there are a few that are like myself who have a passion for what they do and strive every single day to achieve it.

My senior year I earned a two year scholarship to Delaware Technical and Community College. Although I truly wanted to go to an art school, I decided that Delaware Tech was the best route to take because of its proximity to my home, advertising design program, and my lack of education funds. The advice I would give high school senior self would be to not look down upon community colleges. Inside I dreaded going to a "community college", thinking they were for people who couldn't get into "real" college. Now that I have attended one I know that this is unfairly untrue. I would tell the younger me that community college teachers are amazingly brilliant people and that the classes are directly related to the art and design field. I would tell her that she is going to save a lot of money by attending and commuting to a community college then transferring to another school later. And I think the most important thing I would tell my high school self is that you can be anything you want to be and community colleges are just as good as any other school to helping you achieve that dream.

Jasmyne

I would tell myself to work harder, get up on time, and follow your heart. I think that the hardest part of my first semester in college was that I could choose when I wanted to go to school, because attendence was not a factor. I know now that being in class was important although it didnt really effect my grades. I would also tell myself to follow my heart, because I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do and part of me still doesnt, but I know now that if I want to be happy and satisfied with my life I have to pick the career that i want to pursue not the one that people want me to pursue. I would tell my self to work harder because getting a good grade without trying isn't enough anymore, the competition is greater, and just knowing that I did my best would be satisfying. I would also tell myself that I should be more social because you never know who can help you, or who you can help.

I think that the worst thing about my school is that it is hard to get in to certain classes because they allow people who failed the class the opportunity to jump right back into another class the next semester. So in theory you might have someone filling up the last seat in a class you need to complete your major who has taken the class repeatedly and failed, and there is nothing that can be done because there is no rule against this, and classes are on a first come first serve basis.

Any person can attend this school. All you need is the drive to want to make your life better. There are plenty of majors to choose from and even multiple campuses. I came to this school right out of high school because they offer a scholarship for Delaware high school students, that pays the tution as long as a certain GPA is maintained. I am very intelligent and I could of went to any other college I applied to, but this seemed like a good way to go to school, save money, and learn about the college experience.

Kelly

Knowing what I know now about myself, I would have first and foremost had the confidence that I needed to be successful. I would have put all of my energy in my work making sure I stayed on the honor role, because honor students are rewarded scholarships. I would have remained on the speech team, because this gave me the interpersonal skills I possess now. I would have gone to college right after high school, so that I could be working in my career field today. I would have realized all the opportunities I didn't take seriously, then, I would have run with it. Today I understand what I have to offer and I am willing to work hard to show that potential off. My hope is that I get the chance to do it.

Marsha

As a highschool senior was well liked. A officer in SGA and leader among the other students. I also was manager of boys basketball. I also seeked help of the other teachers, and other students.

Someone that has tallent to succeed in school and has will do well in classes. A postive role model amoung the other sudents and always looking for help and be a active part in the schools clubs and actvities.

Standing in a big line at lunch, at bussiness office and the bookstore and when looking for a computer.

Delaware Technical Community College-Terry administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.