Delaware Valley University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Delaware Valley University

Rebecca

Do NOT go here. The teachers over all are mostly okay, its the people in charge that can go shove it. They make everything a nightmare, and will screw you over at every opportunity. They will tell you things and okay things just to go back on it later saying its not possible, making it so you can't take the classes you need before you graduate. Registrar here is the biggest piece of crap possible and will lie and change their minds and ignore you and will not help you.

Nicholas

Delaware Valley University is a great four year private institution where students are a name as opposed to a number. I have made valuable connections with my academic advisor, professors, and fellow classmates. The campus is well-kept and has beautiful scenery. The university is a great option for students who are interested in transferring from a community college to a four-year school.

Logan

I like the small school setting but there are defiantly some things that could be worked on. Including the on Campus housing, the food, the campus facilities, and more events/ extracurricular activities. I think a big part of it being very hard right now is due to COVID, so I understand.

Breanna

DelVal is amazing when it comes to both experience and academics. The professors on campus are always available to help you and because of small class sizes, a lot of benefits come along. DelVal exercises hands-on experience and has many programs in which students are working with animals and or are in the field for credit! There are so many opportunities and despite not having the best dining hall, everything else is fantastic.

Kaliope

My favorite part is how small the class sizes are, one of our slogans is literally "there is no such thing as anonymity" and its true. As a commuter I'm not as involved on campus as I could be, and even I have current working relationships with professors I've had 2 or 3 semesters ago. I have a list of 'Only at DelVal Moments' that is basically awesome things that probably wouldn't happen at another school, like a professor emailing you to tell you you accidentally forgot a question in the final, or calling you to check in because you haven't been in class for a few days and they're worried about you. Or even bumping into and having a nice chat with the president, or one of the deans, all of whom are accessible and always willing to talk with sit and talk with students. And it doesn't matter if you're talking with them because you have a problem and need to or because you've gotten to know them in class, and just want to stop in to say 'hi' and talk about life. Everyone is always so nice, and so helpful, and I love it.

Amber

it is a small college, and it has a great atmosphere. You know most people there and get the chance to bond with everyone. The great academics are great. Both my majors, business management, and public history have great professors. It might be a small college but it has a lot of opportunities.

I have loved DelVal since the first time I stepped foot on campus. I visited campus in my junior year of high school and revisited 3 more times. The environment is very comfortable. People are amazing and very helpful. Classes are a perfect size for my learning, and the "hands on" education was the primary reason I picked Delaware Valley. Academics are great, resources are everywhere, all questions are answered. I have only dealt with warm and friendly staff and students. This College I chose as my new home, and I can't wait to see where adventures lead. DelVal is where you feel like you are home, even when you are away from home.

Haley

It seems like a very forward moving and interesting place. Everyone is very motivated to succeed no matter what their major is. The campus is beautiful and I would love to be able to live on campus if everything works out. It’s definitely a place I would recommend to a friend.

Daijah

A nice small school that makes you feel like you are at home. Take advantage of all opportunities available on campus. You wont regret it. Don't be shy to reach out for help as well. This school provides a seamless transition from high school so don't worry about a huge change coming here.

Colton

Delaware Valley University was not my first choice when searching for postsecondary institutions; however, I have come to love the school for all of its interesting quirks. If someone is looking for a small-backwoods school, like myself, Delaware Valley University is the place to go. Coming from a rural setting, DelVal allows for a small-town feel, but is just 45 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. The class sizes are small and professors are accessible and always willing to talk, no matter the situation. There is plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities to partake in; there is no such thing as getting bored at DelVal. Overall, DelVal is adorable and perfect for any student willing to work hard for success in the future.

Galen

DelVal is a great place to be if you are interested in horses or agriculture. Most of the professors are always accessible and willing to help you outside of class time. There are not a lot of things to do off campus but there are a lot of activities to do on campus besides sports or clubs.

Devan

Delaware Valley College has a lot of great opportunities for hands-on learning. The school is very much a farm school and has many different focuses on animal sciences and agriculture. While living on campus there are not that many fun things to do. The food is not spectacular but if you are hungry you eat it. The class sizes are the perfect size, especially for labs. The teachers and professors were available all the time by email and stuck to their office hours. The best on-campus housing was South Hall which had all of the amenities a desirable dorm would have. Laundry was added to into your tuition so you did not have to worry about swiping or having some coins on you. The campus was really pretty and kept up. Because this school is private, the tuition was sky high. Everyone knew everyone on campus so you would probably say hi to someone walking to class every time. The school has great programs and is really dedicated to helping the students.

Danielle

It's an easily navigated campus. By the end of the first month, you know practically everyone on campus, and most of the people are very welcoming. The food could use some improvement, but it's enough to sustain us. There are enough activities for all kinds of students. In general, the school is my home away from home.

Michaela

I love the small school and it's class sizes. You can't walk from one building to another without at least seeing a familiar face. The animal facilities on the campus are wonderful, and some of my best memories have been made in one of the barns! Housing is alright, but some buildings definitely take priority over others. The professors are personable and truly helpful. The food isn't like it is at home, but it's not the worst.

Kirsten

Overall, I think Delaware Valley University is a great university academically and socially. There are a variety of clubs and organizations on-campus for students to be supported by one another. As far as the academics are concerned, a majority of the professors will help students understand the material better by having out-of-class review sessions and by having additional office hours. DelVal is definitely known for having a great academic reputation as a good percentage of students are accepted into veterinary schools as well as other prestigious programs.

The tuition is way too high for the experience we are actually getting. Class registration is not put together well as well as not fair. Housing system is not very good and the dorms are run down. There are not enough professors and the professor to student ration is growing a lot. The facilities are not well maintained or up to date. There are a bunch of inner city athletes that quote on quote are “majoring in football”.

Madison

I absolutely love this school. The campus is larger than life and incredibly beautiful. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming and your professors genuinely care and are there to assist you when needed. There are constantly inclusive free events for everyone to attend to make the college experience more than just the academics. I couldn't have chosen a better school for myself

Emma

Overall, Delaware Valley University is an excellent school! As a student, I have so many intriguing classes with several hands-on experiences. The professor to student ratio is perfect, meaning I can receive help with almost any situation. To be completely honest, the food could be a little better, but we make the best of what we are given. The on-campus housing is pretty good for what is offered. I shared a room with my roommate and her black lab service dog, and we had plenty of room. Easily my favorite part of Delaware Valley University is the community you feel as a student. A lot of places will say "you feel like family here", but when I tell you that we truly are like a family, I speak the truth. Most people are friendly and open to any conversation, and all the staff are sweet and approachable. I am extremely happy with my choice of a college, and I can't wait to see where the future takes me.

Annonoymous

Overall this is an okay school. Academics are not very challenging, and many professors have accents that are difficult to understand. The campus is small and all building are old (still only have chalkboards) except one. I live off campus, but have seen the dorms and can tell you that they are gross. There are shops nearby (within walking distance) and small parks (not much access to hiking or other outdoor activities. Classes are quite small, the largest class I have had consisted of 23 students. Teachers hold regular office hours and usually friendly (I have had a few that can make a student feel like they are stupid). I would reccomend this school to a person that just wants to get by so they can get their degree and does not necessarily care about how they get it. Also for any football athletes I would not reccomend this school. The varsity football team is okay, but JV hardly ever wins a game.

Margaret

Delaware Valley University is a very good school for many subjects. Their main focus tends to be agriculture and they are very thorough in their teachings while also encouraging their students to reach as far as they can and crave more knowledge. This university is very beneficial in general and I would definitely recommend it to any student that is planning on going to college.

Monica

Delaware Valley University is an amazing school for the hands on and learning opportunities it presents. The class sizes are personal and the professors are beyond proficient in what they teach. The campus is small and quaint so it is perfect for students who wish to learn. Partying is not a main priority so students are dedicated to what they need to do. The staff is often very sweet and helpful which is extremely beneficial. The campus itself is a different matter. The campus is extremely outdated and needs to be updated. Comfort is not first priority here. Dorms do not have air conditioning at all. The rooms are a bit small and bathrooms are outdated with them being communal. The dining hall is a disappointing experience you do not have many options and there is only one located on the campus grounds. Higher ups on campus do not care so much about the campus itself, the pricing for the actual campus itself is not worth it, its ridiculously expensive but if you are going for education this is the place to go.