University Center, MI
Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta College

It's a great starter school. I would recommend it to all students, those just leaving high school and the ones coming back to school. The teachers are friendly and actually want to teach you something for once. They make you want to learn about new things and maybe learn more about things you already knew.

Larissa

Delta is a decent place to start your education. If you have questions, though, like what classes to take or how your financial aid is working out, there can be some discrepancies between one office and another. Academically, I've only had one professor in my two years that wasn't great, so that's a pretty good track record. As for food, there's not a whole lot to choose from. There's a little "cafe" that serves coffee and sweets, and the cafeteria serves things like hot dogs, grilled cheese, pizza, etc. Not a wide variety, so if you're eating there every day, you may find it hard to mix things up.

dan

Delta is a curious outlier in the world of community colleges. Because of its good reputation and affordable price it is incredibly popular with locals. The teachers are better than my high school and my class mates are better than my high school.

John

I like being at delta college because it's close to home and close to accessible stores and shops and the tuition works great for the student life and on a student budget. I always feel safe when I at delta because the parking lots have well lit parking and the parking lots are very close to the buildings

I think that Delta is a great starter school. The teachers are great and so are the classes, the other students aren't too bad either. There is the TLC (the learning center) which really helps students when they need that extra help. There are many benefits that really let you enjoy delta and want to come here for your class, I know I do.

Gabriella
Delta College Review

Great small community college, cheap classes but not a lot of campus life. Most people just come and go when class is over

Delta College Review

Haley

Delta College is a smaller community college that is comfortable. The campus is easy to get to know and eventually (less than 1 year) you will recognize faces everyday. The classes are 25 or less people so that makes it easy to get to know everyone and make friends. The teachers are personal and they are here to help every individual learn. You are not sitting in lecture halls with 300 students where your teacher will never know your name. Here at Delta the teachers will remember you even after the semester you have their class. Delta is pronominal! I wanted to come here and I am so happy I did.

A possible stereotype here about students may be, there are lazy people. I don't really see that to be true because everyone learns differently and ultimately it shouldn't matter how other people learn because you are here for you and if they bother you then ignore them. Some people are just more relaxed than others, not lazy.

The sports clubs and teams are very popular. Like soccer, baseball, softball and basketball. At Delta we also have many different events like, popcorn day, learn something knew day, movie day, etc. Delta's teachers and students do the most they can to bring everyone together to learn more and experience new things.

There is a very versatile student body at Delta. Everyone seems very personable and if you need help, again, you can ask anyone. You feel safe at Delta and with your classmates. You could say it is very easy to make friends and you will probably know someone that someone else knows.

The academies here at Delta, as far as I know because I have not been in one yet, are organized and easy to learn about. If you have questions about them there is someone who will know within 20 feet of you!

Shelby

There is not a whole lot specail about delta other than the size. I only chose it because it was close to home and all I could afford.

If I could go back to my senior year and talk to myself I would have quite a bit to say. I would say get more sleep, study more, whine less, eat breakfast, and do your best. But is that not what anyone would say? I think everyone wishes they had tried a little harder or been a bit nicer or just been more aware in general in high school. Beyond that, I wish I could go back and tell myself not to be own critic. There are enough of those in the world, and instead of being my own enemy I wish I had been my own friend. I have learned in the last year that there will always be someone out there hoping you do not succeed or waiting for you to fail. You cannot always count on others to lift you up when you are sad, lonely, or stressed. Sometimes we can only count on ourselves? I would tell myself to be more emotionally self-reliant because we are the one constant in our own lives. Knowing this in high school would have saved me some soul searching, but these are the years we find ourselves, right?

The small size makes one on one time and personalization with my instructors easy and is very helpful.

Mary

Delta College is best known for their small class sizes and low tuition.

Delta College is best known for their small class sizes and low tuition.

If I was able to give my high school self advice it would be to attend college right after high school. I would explain how to find resources such as financial aid or student loans to help pay for my education. This was the reason why I didn't attend college 25 years ago. Another thing I would tell the young me is how much easier it is to go to college when you don't have to work two jobs and raise a family. I'm 42 years old and in college pursuing my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. The job market has changed dramatically since I graduated and an education is no longer optional. After graduating high school I obtained a part-time job and worked my way up to management. The next 20 years I advance in my career without a degree. In 2012 I lost my full time job and not having a degree limited my job choices and wasn't able to make anywhere near what I had in the past. Had I went to college earlier in life I could have been in a new career already.

My classmates are a diverse group covering all ends of the sprectrum.

I would tell myself to definitely go to college after I graduated. I was accepted to UC my senior year and despite everything that happened that summer I should have went to college. I would also tell myself that mom is going to back down last minute for state boards for cosmetology, dont just give up tell her you really need her and this is your future. College really is important and no matter what you end up going back to college several different times. Don't wait until the future when you have your son. Do it after you graduate and make sure you follow through with it. You need to support yourself and your son. Being a server in a restaurant doesn't pay all of the bills. You need your college degree!

Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.