University Center, MI
Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta College

Relax! That would be the first thing I would tell myself. Make sure you find the college you want to go to and apply for scholarship, but most importantly enjoy your senior year. Make the most of the time you have with your friends. Don't take life so serious or yourself so serious. There will be plenty of time to be serious but for now enjoy these moments, trust me, you will miss them. It is ok to laugh and make simple mistakes, thats how you grow. Do not be so afraid to try new things because if you don't you will never know what you like. In those moments you find out who you are and if you know who you are, you will stand for what you are. So breath, soak up this time because you will only be a high school senior once.

I wish I would have known to research more about the college I wanted to go to. I also wish I would have applied to more scholarships to help pay for school.

The worst thing about Delta is that it doesn't have alot of the classes I need for my degree. The class offered in my degree is for a person who wants to work under an architect and I want to be an architect.

My classmates were mostly freshman and uncertain of college like me.

My classmates were mostly freshman and uncertain of college like me.

I would tell myself to be prepared for hours of homework and frustration. I would tell myself to not get overwhemled and stressed out. I would also tell myself that it is okay to not have a major decided yet. As well as how to balance college with a social life. Also to always get help from the teachers and ask questions, it is much easier getting through classes with help. The final thing I would tell myself is to never get discouraged over a bad grade.

I wish I would have known better study habits and how to budget my time more wisely. I also wish I would have known more about all of the costs of college in detail, so I would know how to better manange my money towards college.

Isaac

I believe that the worst thing about my school is the parking facilities. Even on a good day it is terribly difficult to find a parking spot. This is because the economy is so bad and so many people are going back to school to make a better life that there are just not enough parking spots for all the students.

A person who either needs a higher education to better thier lives or people fresh out of high school just looking for a good economical start to thier college careers.

I would tell myself three levels of advice: The first level would be plan for the future. The second would be to think realistically. And the third level would be to stay focused on your goals. Planning for the future would consist of getting the chosen college's course book and writing down an educational plan for the first two years of college. Thinking realistically would constitute your abilities and employment situation. Because in this economy everyone is basically required to work. This will help manage your time, (which is key to all success) over the course of the first two years. Finally, keeping focus on your goals should prevent you from choosing one of the many green pastures of work and profit along the side of the road to lie in and get settled. I've talked to many people that did this and all of them regret it because they never acomplished what they set out to do with their lives. So, planning for the future, thinking realistically and staying focused on your goals is what I would tell myself if I went back to me in high school.

Maria

Make sure to attend all classes, everything you learn in high school helps so much in college. From note taking to study habits. Teachers are not here to make life difficult, they are here to help make life in the future be some what easy and understandable. You have to pay attention to math and computers the most because technology changes everyday and the world revolves around money. Pay attention in english so you can talk and write proper in the professional world. G.P.A. really matters. Grades and attendance are very improtant. High school is not just to socialize it is to help prepare you for the future.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the parking. There is not enough room.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about school, I would tell myself three things. Number one, I would tell myself to stop worrying so much about what people will think of you in college because you'll never make friends by being self conscious. Number two, I would tell myself to save every penny I can, because the only person resposible for paying for your expenses when you get out of high school is you. And finally, I would tell myself to never walk into a class thinking it will be easy. You will learn very fast how little you know.

I wish I had known that college was not as glamorous as I thought it would be. It isn't going out on Friday nights and always being dressed up. It's giving up going to the movies for going to a study group and eight o'clock classes with your hair in a ponytail and no makeup.

What I brag most about my school is the teachers. The teachers at Delta know completely about the subject they're teaching. Also, they are very helpful. All of my professors are happy to go over material I don't understand either in or out of class. Because of them I have complete and deep knowledge of all the material we cover.

terry

I really would have encouraged myself on studying a lil bit more than i did start being cautios with my time and getting my rest because friends will be there almost forever but a better life for me and my family wont be accomplished unless I step up to the plate

Sandra

Make sure you think about what career you want to go into. Make sure you plan your time wisely. Remember if your going to take any time off from school, don't take more than a semester off. Keep your classes fresh in your head and review materials your going to use often. Do things early, never put anything off to the last minute. Remember snacks for between classes, bring extra paper and pencils. Good luck

The parking, theirs lots of spots but you usually have to walk quite a distance. You also have to get out to class early to get a spot close to your class area.

Some one who is not serious about learning.

Jasmine

I wish I would have saved more money then what I had, and also I wish I would have came with a more solid plan as to what I wanted to do in life.

I would consider the worst thing about my school is the parking.

I would tell me that it isn't easy unless you go in head first and keep your priorities in order. I would also tell me not to get discouraged when classes start to become harder and work seems to pile on top of you, and that once you understand how to cope with the hardest part of school, which is learning how to be discipline , it'll get easier but will require alot from you.I would stress the fact of getting to know your counselors when you start attending that certain college/university. I would also explain to me that the fianacial part of school will tend to get expenses so fill out as many scholarship applications as you can once you find out about them.

Lindsey

I would tell myself that paying attention to high school isn't worth it, fitting in and having fun. Instead I should have been focusing on my goals for after school. I would say that I need to find a job, starting to work just before school wasn't enough to prepare me for the responsibility I took on when I moved, by taking on two jobs and a full load of classes. I would have told myself not to make the mistake of surrounding myself with negative influences by having too much fun once I moved away from home. A little fun is okay every once in awhile, but you must work before you can play. Having a degree, and a better job in the future, will provide many times to reward yourself. Take care of yourself, and listen to what you want to accomplish, where you want to be. When it comes down to the end you have to be happy with what you have done, and be happy with who you are. And last you can't control everything, so pay attention to the things you can control and don't stress about the rest.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known more of my options for transferring. I know things would have been easier if I had already laid out my plans to follow. Instead I went through the process of switching back and forth between two schools, and taking longer than I had wanted. When I graduated I knew what I wanted to obtain a degree in, but didn't know enough about universities and what they could offer me. Now I'm on track, but a semester behind.

I would place a wide variety of students at Delta College. Delta College has the lowest tuition rates in the area, and for students just trying to get their general education courses completed Delta is the place to start out. Of course for students who don't know what to take yet also can explore their options and know that they won't be paying extra for courses they don't need. Delta also provides the opportunity, to lower incomed students, to seek out and complete their dreams...gives the chance to succeed in today's economy.

Justin

Delta College has a very diverse student population. My classmates are from different generations, different ethnic backgrounds and different ways of life, but we share the desire to learn and succeed.

The T/LC Tutoring Center. Its a program that offers expert tutoring on campus, everyday, free of charge. The goal of the T/LC is to make sure that students who have the desire to succeed have the means to.

Take responsibiliy for your actions. They are yours to make and if you make decisions to please yourself, then you will be able to be proud of your actions and own up to them. That is all that matters. College is a learning experience, if it goes too smoothly then maybe you forgot to learn something.

Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.