University Center, MI
Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta College

John

I like being at delta college because it's close to home and close to accessible stores and shops and the tuition works great for the student life and on a student budget. I always feel safe when I at delta because the parking lots have well lit parking and the parking lots are very close to the buildings

I think that Delta is a great starter school. The teachers are great and so are the classes, the other students aren't too bad either. There is the TLC (the learning center) which really helps students when they need that extra help. There are many benefits that really let you enjoy delta and want to come here for your class, I know I do.

Gabriella
Delta College Review

Great small community college, cheap classes but not a lot of campus life. Most people just come and go when class is over

Delta College Review

Haley

Delta College is a smaller community college that is comfortable. The campus is easy to get to know and eventually (less than 1 year) you will recognize faces everyday. The classes are 25 or less people so that makes it easy to get to know everyone and make friends. The teachers are personal and they are here to help every individual learn. You are not sitting in lecture halls with 300 students where your teacher will never know your name. Here at Delta the teachers will remember you even after the semester you have their class. Delta is pronominal! I wanted to come here and I am so happy I did.

A possible stereotype here about students may be, there are lazy people. I don't really see that to be true because everyone learns differently and ultimately it shouldn't matter how other people learn because you are here for you and if they bother you then ignore them. Some people are just more relaxed than others, not lazy.

The sports clubs and teams are very popular. Like soccer, baseball, softball and basketball. At Delta we also have many different events like, popcorn day, learn something knew day, movie day, etc. Delta's teachers and students do the most they can to bring everyone together to learn more and experience new things.

There is a very versatile student body at Delta. Everyone seems very personable and if you need help, again, you can ask anyone. You feel safe at Delta and with your classmates. You could say it is very easy to make friends and you will probably know someone that someone else knows.

The academies here at Delta, as far as I know because I have not been in one yet, are organized and easy to learn about. If you have questions about them there is someone who will know within 20 feet of you!

Shelby

There is not a whole lot specail about delta other than the size. I only chose it because it was close to home and all I could afford.

If I could go back to my senior year and talk to myself I would have quite a bit to say. I would say get more sleep, study more, whine less, eat breakfast, and do your best. But is that not what anyone would say? I think everyone wishes they had tried a little harder or been a bit nicer or just been more aware in general in high school. Beyond that, I wish I could go back and tell myself not to be own critic. There are enough of those in the world, and instead of being my own enemy I wish I had been my own friend. I have learned in the last year that there will always be someone out there hoping you do not succeed or waiting for you to fail. You cannot always count on others to lift you up when you are sad, lonely, or stressed. Sometimes we can only count on ourselves? I would tell myself to be more emotionally self-reliant because we are the one constant in our own lives. Knowing this in high school would have saved me some soul searching, but these are the years we find ourselves, right?

The small size makes one on one time and personalization with my instructors easy and is very helpful.

Mary

My classmates are a diverse group covering all ends of the sprectrum.

My classmates are a diverse group covering all ends of the sprectrum.

Delta College is best known for their small class sizes and low tuition.

If I was able to give my high school self advice it would be to attend college right after high school. I would explain how to find resources such as financial aid or student loans to help pay for my education. This was the reason why I didn't attend college 25 years ago. Another thing I would tell the young me is how much easier it is to go to college when you don't have to work two jobs and raise a family. I'm 42 years old and in college pursuing my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. The job market has changed dramatically since I graduated and an education is no longer optional. After graduating high school I obtained a part-time job and worked my way up to management. The next 20 years I advance in my career without a degree. In 2012 I lost my full time job and not having a degree limited my job choices and wasn't able to make anywhere near what I had in the past. Had I went to college earlier in life I could have been in a new career already.

I would tell myself to definitely go to college after I graduated. I was accepted to UC my senior year and despite everything that happened that summer I should have went to college. I would also tell myself that mom is going to back down last minute for state boards for cosmetology, dont just give up tell her you really need her and this is your future. College really is important and no matter what you end up going back to college several different times. Don't wait until the future when you have your son. Do it after you graduate and make sure you follow through with it. You need to support yourself and your son. Being a server in a restaurant doesn't pay all of the bills. You need your college degree!

Relax! That would be the first thing I would tell myself. Make sure you find the college you want to go to and apply for scholarship, but most importantly enjoy your senior year. Make the most of the time you have with your friends. Don't take life so serious or yourself so serious. There will be plenty of time to be serious but for now enjoy these moments, trust me, you will miss them. It is ok to laugh and make simple mistakes, thats how you grow. Do not be so afraid to try new things because if you don't you will never know what you like. In those moments you find out who you are and if you know who you are, you will stand for what you are. So breath, soak up this time because you will only be a high school senior once.

I wish I would have known to research more about the college I wanted to go to. I also wish I would have applied to more scholarships to help pay for school.

The worst thing about Delta is that it doesn't have alot of the classes I need for my degree. The class offered in my degree is for a person who wants to work under an architect and I want to be an architect.

My classmates were mostly freshman and uncertain of college like me.

My classmates were mostly freshman and uncertain of college like me.

I would tell myself to be prepared for hours of homework and frustration. I would tell myself to not get overwhemled and stressed out. I would also tell myself that it is okay to not have a major decided yet. As well as how to balance college with a social life. Also to always get help from the teachers and ask questions, it is much easier getting through classes with help. The final thing I would tell myself is to never get discouraged over a bad grade.

I wish I would have known better study habits and how to budget my time more wisely. I also wish I would have known more about all of the costs of college in detail, so I would know how to better manange my money towards college.

Isaac

I would tell myself three levels of advice: The first level would be plan for the future. The second would be to think realistically. And the third level would be to stay focused on your goals. Planning for the future would consist of getting the chosen college's course book and writing down an educational plan for the first two years of college. Thinking realistically would constitute your abilities and employment situation. Because in this economy everyone is basically required to work. This will help manage your time, (which is key to all success) over the course of the first two years. Finally, keeping focus on your goals should prevent you from choosing one of the many green pastures of work and profit along the side of the road to lie in and get settled. I've talked to many people that did this and all of them regret it because they never acomplished what they set out to do with their lives. So, planning for the future, thinking realistically and staying focused on your goals is what I would tell myself if I went back to me in high school.

I believe that the worst thing about my school is the parking facilities. Even on a good day it is terribly difficult to find a parking spot. This is because the economy is so bad and so many people are going back to school to make a better life that there are just not enough parking spots for all the students.

A person who either needs a higher education to better thier lives or people fresh out of high school just looking for a good economical start to thier college careers.

Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.