University Center, MI
Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta College

Maria

Make sure to attend all classes, everything you learn in high school helps so much in college. From note taking to study habits. Teachers are not here to make life difficult, they are here to help make life in the future be some what easy and understandable. You have to pay attention to math and computers the most because technology changes everyday and the world revolves around money. Pay attention in english so you can talk and write proper in the professional world. G.P.A. really matters. Grades and attendance are very improtant. High school is not just to socialize it is to help prepare you for the future.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the parking. There is not enough room.

Michelle

What I brag most about my school is the teachers. The teachers at Delta know completely about the subject they're teaching. Also, they are very helpful. All of my professors are happy to go over material I don't understand either in or out of class. Because of them I have complete and deep knowledge of all the material we cover.

I wish I had known that college was not as glamorous as I thought it would be. It isn't going out on Friday nights and always being dressed up. It's giving up going to the movies for going to a study group and eight o'clock classes with your hair in a ponytail and no makeup.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about school, I would tell myself three things. Number one, I would tell myself to stop worrying so much about what people will think of you in college because you'll never make friends by being self conscious. Number two, I would tell myself to save every penny I can, because the only person resposible for paying for your expenses when you get out of high school is you. And finally, I would tell myself to never walk into a class thinking it will be easy. You will learn very fast how little you know.

terry

I really would have encouraged myself on studying a lil bit more than i did start being cautios with my time and getting my rest because friends will be there almost forever but a better life for me and my family wont be accomplished unless I step up to the plate

Sandra

Make sure you think about what career you want to go into. Make sure you plan your time wisely. Remember if your going to take any time off from school, don't take more than a semester off. Keep your classes fresh in your head and review materials your going to use often. Do things early, never put anything off to the last minute. Remember snacks for between classes, bring extra paper and pencils. Good luck

The parking, theirs lots of spots but you usually have to walk quite a distance. You also have to get out to class early to get a spot close to your class area.

Some one who is not serious about learning.

Jasmine

I would tell me that it isn't easy unless you go in head first and keep your priorities in order. I would also tell me not to get discouraged when classes start to become harder and work seems to pile on top of you, and that once you understand how to cope with the hardest part of school, which is learning how to be discipline , it'll get easier but will require alot from you.I would stress the fact of getting to know your counselors when you start attending that certain college/university. I would also explain to me that the fianacial part of school will tend to get expenses so fill out as many scholarship applications as you can once you find out about them.

I wish I would have saved more money then what I had, and also I wish I would have came with a more solid plan as to what I wanted to do in life.

I would consider the worst thing about my school is the parking.

Lindsey

I would tell myself that paying attention to high school isn't worth it, fitting in and having fun. Instead I should have been focusing on my goals for after school. I would say that I need to find a job, starting to work just before school wasn't enough to prepare me for the responsibility I took on when I moved, by taking on two jobs and a full load of classes. I would have told myself not to make the mistake of surrounding myself with negative influences by having too much fun once I moved away from home. A little fun is okay every once in awhile, but you must work before you can play. Having a degree, and a better job in the future, will provide many times to reward yourself. Take care of yourself, and listen to what you want to accomplish, where you want to be. When it comes down to the end you have to be happy with what you have done, and be happy with who you are. And last you can't control everything, so pay attention to the things you can control and don't stress about the rest.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known more of my options for transferring. I know things would have been easier if I had already laid out my plans to follow. Instead I went through the process of switching back and forth between two schools, and taking longer than I had wanted. When I graduated I knew what I wanted to obtain a degree in, but didn't know enough about universities and what they could offer me. Now I'm on track, but a semester behind.

I would place a wide variety of students at Delta College. Delta College has the lowest tuition rates in the area, and for students just trying to get their general education courses completed Delta is the place to start out. Of course for students who don't know what to take yet also can explore their options and know that they won't be paying extra for courses they don't need. Delta also provides the opportunity, to lower incomed students, to seek out and complete their dreams...gives the chance to succeed in today's economy.

Justin

Take responsibiliy for your actions. They are yours to make and if you make decisions to please yourself, then you will be able to be proud of your actions and own up to them. That is all that matters. College is a learning experience, if it goes too smoothly then maybe you forgot to learn something.

The T/LC Tutoring Center. Its a program that offers expert tutoring on campus, everyday, free of charge. The goal of the T/LC is to make sure that students who have the desire to succeed have the means to.

Delta College has a very diverse student population. My classmates are from different generations, different ethnic backgrounds and different ways of life, but we share the desire to learn and succeed.

Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.