Cleveland, MS
Delta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta State University

Thomas

They have a great music production program at Delta State.

They have a great music production program at Delta State.

I would tell myself to make sure that I stay on top of everything. I would also tell myself to get a job, and be more wise in how I spend my money.

I tell them about the great music program that they have.

Brennan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life, I would probably tell myself that a small university probably is not the best choice for me. I would also tell myself not to be so hard headed and to listen to my parents when they told me what my best decision would have been. I would have told myself not to be afraid to go to a university three hours away not knowing many people there because I could easily make friends. I would have chosen the larger university that is further away from home because they offered me excellent scholarships, and now I worry about having enough money to stay in school. I would have definitely told myself to breathe, and think through my college decision more thoroughly because I now know that I made the wrong choice for myself and I can not go back and change my mind.

It is close to home and I can go home whenever I feel like it.

It is a very small university and there are not many things to do for fun in the town of Cleveland. If you are not in a fraternity or sorority, you do not have very much to do around campus.

Giorgeo

I would advise myself to work harder, study longer, and save your money up. College is fun, but it is very hard at times. Do anything you can to understand what your class is going over and form study groups. College can be fun, but it all depends on how much you put into your education.

I think the educational program would be the best, because this school pushes you to your limit with great teachers to teach you. You'll learn the moral of hardwork and dedication if anyone comes to this school.

The type of person should be very friendly. Everyone on campus is friendly and willing to help you on whatever your needs.

Jonathon

I would say, "Jon, college is the greatest experience of your life, and we're making the best decision in going! You will learn so much and be so much more knowledgeable. Jon, go to Kent State University and don't turn down the acceptance because of money issues -- it'll work out somehow! Instead of applying again after you've completed one year of college, just go. Even though you'll be happy, you won't be where you want to be. Start applying for scholarships! You will regret not going to Kent State University - it's the perfect match for you! We'll eventually apply again for the Fall of 2011, and be accepted again! Let's just hope we can find scholarships so we won't have to decline them again. Jon, we have so much potential and care about the world so much, and something so unimportant as money is our biggest issue. We'll search for Jobs throughout the year, and none will be hiring - we'll think about selling our own car for Kent State Money, but we can't. Jon, my advice for us is that we continue to strive and move forward."

Jaleesa

College is very different than high school. I can possibly say that when you start class just be prepared. It's nothing like high school course class.

Anybody who want to go to school to learn something should attend this school.

My classmates are very nice and helpful, whenever I need help their always there to help me.

Abbie

I'm not sure that I really would want to go back in time as a high school senior, but if I could, I would definitely give myself some advice. I know that I would tell myself to dedicate my final year of high school to making the very best grades that I could and to learning the most that I could in my final high school year. I made A's and B's in high school and maybe an occasional C if it were a class that I really did not think was necessary or of much interest to me. I did not know until after graduation how important your GPA is to getting scholarship money for college. Almost every scholarship you apply for has a very high GPA or ACT score as a minimum requirement for even applying. Therefore, only the smartest or highest achievers have the best chances for receiving scholarships. I did not realize this until after graduation. I am the youngest of four children that my parents have sent to college, and I know now that this has been a real financial struggle. I could have done more to help!

The best thing about Delta State University is the superior education that is available to anyone who seriously wants to pursue it. The opportunities are there: curriculum, professors who go beyond the call of duty, small classes, resources, etc. This may be a small university compared to some, but it is big in what it has to offer to the future of the students who want to achieve their dreams and enter the world as a force. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a student at Delta State University.

A person who is not serious about his education should not attend Delta State University. The teachers, counselors, and all staff are here to help in anyway they can, but you must first show a true interest in learning and achieving your best . This school is not one to pass you on just because you came and made an appearance. Many are there to help and encourage, but you are there to get an education and for this reason Delta State University is for the pursuer.

Sara

My school is best known for it's size, welcoming, and especially the Education and Nursing programs. People come from all over to be in these two progams.

I would tell myself to be more prepared going ito the schools. I would have told myself to be more open to options and to listen the advice from teachers. As a college athlete, I had numerous places to go play basketball. I will never regret choosing Delta State because we were so successful, but I got in too big of a hurry. I didn't put in the time and effort that i should have and that's the thing i regret most. I would have told myself to devote more time to being an outstanding student and an outstanding athete. That would have made more successful.

The worst thing about my school is the limitation of activity. I hate being here on the weekends because no one does anything but drink in their houses. It's nice to have a good time, but it's dead in Cleveland, Ms on the weekends! Academically, the worst thing is the change of course of study in the Education departmet in the middle of my study.

Jeremy

The first thing I would say is STUDY! It is always good to make good habits before it's too late, because now it's going to be hard to get into the swing of sitting down and actually looking over notes for longer than ten minutes. I would also force myself to fill out all those scholarships I let slip through my fingers because I just knew I was going to get a Pell Grant. Well that was definitely not the case. And I would definitely make sure that I focused more on the different aspects of each college. Just because one may may be cheaper, does not mean that's a great school for you. I know many people always say go where the money is, but I've always been the type of person to follow my heart. I would also focus more on the band, you never know what blowing an instrument could do for you in college. I would have done more traveling so I wouldn't have gotten homesick the first week here. Having more college friends that had already purchases the books I need for my freshman year would have been nice.

The best thing about my school is it's academics. The professors are very kind and are actually about your future, unlike how most high school teachers say they are. Last semester was my first and I can already see a difference. Not only was able to express my adulthood, but I also showed how much I had gained during that time. The professors make sure they teach you everything they know, but they do it in an order that you aon't be overwhelmed.

The thing I tell my friends most about my school is the fact that it has a low tuition cost. However, even with that being said; for myself it's still a struggle to pay it out of pocket. The school finds ways to help you make the cost very affordable if you don't have any grants. Also, the main reason so I brag about the low cost of tuition is because of the awesome education you gain.

Avaiation program, nursing program, pre-med, sports, teaching program, business--best know as an all around good school that offers a good education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior about college, I would give several points of advice. First of all, I would say that it is important to focus on your studies and keep the grades up. The main reason you attend college is to get a good education that you can use to be a productive and contributing citizen. I would also say make good friends and have fun along the way. A part of the college experience is enjoying those who you are around and making friendships that will last a lifetime. Lastly, I would say to get involved. I would recommend getting involved in student government, intermural sports, clubs that you are interested in, work, or any other opportunity to meet people and put yourself out there. I think it is importmant to get the most out of the time that you have in college and also give back of yourself. This will make you a fullfilled person.

Any person interested in a good education. I like the school because it is not so big as to be overwhelming. I think it offers many opportunities.

jessica

close to home and great, safe atmosphere

close to home and great, safe atmosphere

lack of choices on campus:dorms and food.

Find a college that offers your major and is accredited. Students make the most out of their college experience by getting involved on campus joining clubs and attending events enhances the college experience.

Delta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.