Cleveland, MS
Delta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delta State University

Avaiation program, nursing program, pre-med, sports, teaching program, business--best know as an all around good school that offers a good education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior about college, I would give several points of advice. First of all, I would say that it is important to focus on your studies and keep the grades up. The main reason you attend college is to get a good education that you can use to be a productive and contributing citizen. I would also say make good friends and have fun along the way. A part of the college experience is enjoying those who you are around and making friendships that will last a lifetime. Lastly, I would say to get involved. I would recommend getting involved in student government, intermural sports, clubs that you are interested in, work, or any other opportunity to meet people and put yourself out there. I think it is importmant to get the most out of the time that you have in college and also give back of yourself. This will make you a fullfilled person.

Any person interested in a good education. I like the school because it is not so big as to be overwhelming. I think it offers many opportunities.

jessica

Find a college that offers your major and is accredited. Students make the most out of their college experience by getting involved on campus joining clubs and attending events enhances the college experience.

close to home and great, safe atmosphere

lack of choices on campus:dorms and food.

DeAron

When students are choosing a college they should choose a college that fits their personality and one that will encourage academic growth. Also, do not choose a college because all of your friends are going. In addition, when choosing a college review the curriculum for your major and compare it to other colleges. After you have compared the curriculums decide which curriculum will provide you with the necessary skills to be successful. Furthermore, when choosing a college check out there extracurricular activities. I would advise that entering freshmen get involved on campus. Joining various organizations on campus helps student become familiar with how things on campus works and it helps students make friends. Also, I would advise students to develop time management skills. There will be plenty of social gatherings, but keep in mind your school work comes first.

The best thing about my school is the quality of the education. There are so many resources available to assist students in getting a good education. Also, the classes are small so we students can get that one-on-one attention.

The lack of recognition of the African-American Fraternaties. Delta State University is seen as a majority white school and I think if the African Fraternaties were more involved that would change. For example, all of the white fraternaties and sororities are so popular on campus and they play an important role in most of the school's recruitment.

Rebecca

Choose a college that best fits you. Like if you like to have fun and go out and are very rich, Ole Miss would be the best school. If you are middle class and still like to have fun MISS. state is good college. I choose Delta State becaus it is a lot smaller and i like to feel like i know everyone and everyone knows me, also its further away from home so i did not know anyone and it made me go out and meet people who have become my best friends today! College is the greatest experience of my life school wise im getting more into my major which is art and love it and the teachers are great and know not to pile on to much homework. Anyone that has the fire to go to college and can make it through however many years of school they have to should be proud of him or herself!

My friends are the best things about my school, they help me through boy problems to helping me study or helping me get through anything life brings at me!~

I want to get an on campus job, but cant cause your parents have to make a certain income and mine acceeed that, but what stinks is i pay for my on college and its quiet dificult getting an off campus job :(

Jaleesa

Students should always go to a school with an open mind. Don't think about all the things that could go wrong. It's a new experience and you should grasp on to college life. If you don't know anybody there, don't hesitate to make new friends. It will all work out for the best. Try to get to know the campus and become familiar so you won't feel as home sick. Being in college is a true learning experience. You will do some things that you wouldn't have ever done at home. Enjoy your time away from your parents. Being yourself is always a good thing. It may be hard for some parents to let go, but they knew that the day was coming soon. To the parents, it may take a while to get use to, but just let the students be college students. I'm quite sure your training has done the well.

The type of person who should attend this school should be well focused. Delta State have great programs to start you on the way to a sucessful future. You should know what you want because they are able to help you with everything.

I would find a college that has a lot of extra things you can do. Also find a college that is not in a small town so more jobs are avaiable.

some of the teachers are unfair on the way they grade papers.

JONATHAN

Delta State University is a small, quaint school with very helpful professors but a weak social scene.

To me, I devoted too much of my time to school. Now that I have graduated, I feel I missed out on parts of the college experience. I would advise any future or current students to make the most of their time at college while being somewhat responsible about their schoolwork.

The typical student at Delta State is a small town, down to earth student who is content where they are.

Erica

Make sure the school offers what you are interested in. Stay focused on your goals and dont stop until you get there becasue there will be road blocks and many obstacles... Just dont give up no matter what. If somebody tells you that you cant do something, prove them wrong and show them you can! You can do all thing through Christ who strengthens you! God bless you and Good Luck cause you can definitely do it!

The best thing about my school were the varsity sports. Just about all of the sports at Delta State were very successful and extremely entertaining to watch.

I graduated with a 3.4 GPA. I played college softball and started majority of the time; My sofball team went to the Junior College World Series and placed 7th in the nation.

Delta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.