Denison University Top Questions

Madeline

Students who are not interested in a small, liberal arts college should not attend Denison. There are many general education requirements. The classes are small, and many classes are discussion based. Students who prefer a larger, less intimate classroom study, and those who wish to focus solely in one area of study, should go to another university.

If you are a person that wants the career right out of college, I do not personally believe that Denison is for you. Denison's education is expansive and beautiful; however, it preps the student further education in Graduate, Medical, and Law Schooling. If the reason you are going to college is to get a job, Denison is not for you. Denison is for the student that wants to learn and pursue education after receiving their B.A./B.S.

This school is not for someone who is seeking to only study, or someone who is only looking to party. This school requires a balance of the two. Also, this school requires a good work ethic or else the student will fail.

A person who knows exactly what they want to do with their lives. This goes for any liberal arts school not jsut Denison. And also big city people should not go here.

Someone who is driven and willing to learn and accept different ideas and viewpoints. Be able to make your own fun because there is not a lot to do around town.

If you're serious about hard sciences, particularly math or physics, our departments are weak. If diversity is important to you, it might be best to look elsewhere. A plurality of minority students on campus feel out of place, and I can see where they're coming from.

people with weather-related depression cuz it's dreary and/or raining at least 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of time. anyone who wants to major in anything artsy. people who want big school/don't plan to regularly attend class. people who don't wanna work their asses off academically/take really hard classes b/c ALL are here. stay away if u can't stand preppy kids or if u won't have much disposable and would feel uncomfortable at school where basically everyone does. big city lovers, people who love shopping but wont have car, communicationS majors, anyone anti-Greek life

Brandi

The person who should attend this school is someone who has an open mind and one who is open to different cultures. Someone who is motivated and loves to make a difference in their community and other people's lives.