DePaul University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Tron

The major stereotype is that the school is just known for business, which is not true. DePaul University is respected in all fields including law and education.

Tron

The major stereotype is that the school is just known for business, which is not true. De Paul University is respected in all fields including law and education.

Tron

The major stereotype is that school is just known for business, which is not true. De Paul University is respected in all fields including law and education.

Tron

Don't go here. The administrators will lie, cheat, and steal. This a private school that only cares about making money. Watch out for Susan Reed she is part of the exception commitee. Her goal is to get you to retake classes so the school can make more money. She will use unheard of rules to give you an F. Stay away. This school is run by rats and snakes. Eitherway, you will get bitten.

Jesse

DePaul is very diverse with students of every race, color and creed. Over 30{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} are the first in their family to go to school. Students at DePaul come from every socio-economic status on the spectrum.

Charlie

One of the primary stereotypes about DePaul students based on personal observation and other reviews is that were are typically left-leaning politically and open-minded to diversity (race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic/class differences, age, etc.). Although the latter is true, I find that students have very broad political beliefs. I am strictly an independent libertarian who believes in anti-corruption and national sovereignty. Another common stereotype is that most all of us DePaulians are commuter students and that we have less "campus pride" than other colleges and universities across the country. Finally, I have ran into some people who have come to the conclusion that all of us are a bunch of "rich stuck-up snobs".

Sean

Very isolated, and most stick to their own cliques. The cliques consist of two types: the people from their own floor in a residence hall, or their friends from high school in the Chicago area. Other people are generally left out, unless they have the sufficient people skills to overcome the clique factor. There is barely any student community, and school spirit in minimal.

Brian

Wealthy, snobby, good-looking chicks. Jeans skirts and ugg boots. Daddy buy me a hummer, etc, etc, etc.

Alicia

The stereotype is that there are a lot of spoiled rich kids. And that it is a school for super intelligent kids.

Lynette

rich. smart.

Though Catholic, DePaul is perceived to be a very democratic and "free" school. Many other Catholic schools and organizations frown upon the way DePaul is run because of its diverse population and seemingly non-Catholic stance on many issues and policies.

I've heard people refer to DePaul as very artsy, snobby, uptight, and cool.

Annie

People told me that most of the students that come to DePaul are from very wealthy backgrounds and maybe not always the most accepting crowd. Contrary to this, I also heard that DePaul had a lot of diverse groups of students from different ethnic and religious backgrounds.

Laura

The most common stereotype I hear about DePaul is that everyone here is wealthy.

Caroline

rich

Carson

They are rich, stuck up, very preppy, but still diverse.

Shawn

Spoilt babied rich kids

I would have to say that typically people classify DePaul students as rich, Louis Vuitton wearing, nice car driving students. If you walk around the Lincoln Park area- where DePaul is located on a typical day you will see multi million dollar apartments wtih Range Rovers, Mercerdes, and BMWs driving around.

Gene

I dunno..I think a lot of them are dumb

Linda

DePaul students dress rich.

Kaitlin

I feel like some stereotypes about DePaul are made up and joked about from within. List form is by far the best means of stereotype . -We're where the gay kids in Chicago go. -We have more money than can be fathomed. -All we do is bar hop.

Depaul students are mostly commuters.

Shawn

everyone is diverse. theres a lot of gay people. theres a lot of girls. everyone is rich. ...to name a few.

Kathleen

The DePaul Stigma: everyone who goes here couldn't get into many other Chicago schools and can afford to pay to go here.

Christine

People tend to say DePaul is full of artsy liberals. They also say DePaul is a commuter school.

Tony

No. There is a wide range of all types of people.

Tommy

DePaul is pretty much called DeGay because there are so many gay students on campus, but boystown is just one EL stop away so it's understandable. I would say that I have never met any DePaul student that is not outgoing though. I think that to survivie in the city you have to have a certain personality that makes everyone at DePaul outgoing.