DePauw University Top Questions

I am involved in NSCS, Circle K, Timmy Global Health, Alpha Chi Omega, and Keynotes. NSCS is one of many college honor societies that exist on campus. Many students are invited to more than one and some are actually in more than one. Typically these honor societies are the equivalent to NHS in high school except they can be a little more involved and students generally run a chapter, unlike high school where there is a teacher advisor. Circle K and Timmy Global Health are service groups, one is more local service oriented and the other is through a bigger national organization that helps foreign countries with medical aid. Service groups of all types that serve just about any cause are very prevalent on our campus and i would say the biggest portion of students are dedicated to these groups. Service is a very big deal on DePauw's campus and its easy to get involved with a number of issues you care about. Keynotes is a acapella group, we have a school of music so there is a musical artsy component to our campus. I will say though that while we have an excellent music school they are the minority of students and often are seen as separated from the rest of campus because the students in that school have completely different curriculum than the school of liberal arts. Lastly is my involvement in Alpha Chi Omega. It is a sorority and it is my biggest involvement I have held several leadership positons, one being on the executive board, I am done lots of service through our philanthropy and learned how to organize events to raise funds for philanthropy. Greek life on DePauw's campus is huge! If you don't join a house you will probably at some point seriously consider joining one. Over 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body is greek. Whats great about it being so big is that because its so common for people to be in a house, being greek doesn't rule our lives like at big public schools where you are the minority and the only people you socialize with are from your house.