DeSales University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for DeSales University

Kyle

I am on my second semester of my junior year at DeSales University. When I toured and first arrived at the college, I was blown away by the film program and knew that I wanted to go here. Upon my decision to go here, I have learned so much, grew as a person, made many new friends, befriended some professors and made some great films. My experience overall has been positive, but it's not perfect. Pros -Smaller school, you could virtually know everyone -Unbiased professors -Good variety in course selection -Great option for Theater, Film, Dance and Nursing majors -Get to use film equipment right away -Always film sets going on Cons -Not much of an emphasis on what comes after college in the film major -Holds most classes online with a few in person and charge full tuition -Small rooms -Overly strict COVID regulations and wants to limit social interaction, but wants things to be the same Overall, my problems are with how some things are handled in my major and how COVID was/is being handled.

The school has a very welcoming and outgoing personality. Everyone at the school takes great pride in their actions and work. The students are well-rounded and inviting. The faculty have a doors open policy to their students. The campus is absolutely beautiful and spacious. There are a multitude of safety procedures and prevention techniques/programs for everyone on campus.

Nafis

A very beautiful campus with great professors. The student population is a nice blend of nationalities and all respect each other's differences. I do not have many complaints about the University but wish that there were more to do in the surrounding area. This of course, is no reflection on the school. I've had a good experience thus far.

DeSales University offers a great nursing and biological science program, as well as a excellent theater program. However other interests are met with somewhat mediocre standards. The student life is great and very accepting, however sports are not pushed too hard. This creates a more enjoyable and relaxed playing and not so competitive.

Claire

I love Desales. It really was the best choice for me. A mix of big skys, fresh air, kind people, and education. How could you go wrong? All dorms have bathrooms connected, no communal bathrooms! Thank God. Cafe's are close and there are parties on the weekends to enjoy the social life.

Hope

I love my University! The first person I talked to on campus has told me it's very family oriented, and they couldn't have been more correct! Between the friendly staff and professors and the ever present enthusiastic students I know I can make this place my home!

I like the school. The campus is very safe and easy to navigate. The student life is average, with a group for pretty much everyone. The environment is VERY friendly and accepting, although the students may be only average, the facility is amazing. The dorms are not terrible, but there nothing to brag about either. The course work is not overwhelming, and could be more challenging. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my freshmen year.

Angelanette

DeSales University is my home! There is no place I rather be than be at DeSales. DeSales has welcomed me into their community with loving and open arms, they accept me for who I am. DeSales has brought me to be more outgoing and get out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I know so many people on campus and every 5 minutes I am always saying hi to someone. The community is amazing, the teachers are very helpful and are willing to do whatever it takes to help you succeed in college, Our school is a diverse school where we accept everyone no matter their race, beliefs, ethnicity , sexuality. We live around the quote of St Francis DeSales " Be who you are and be that well" Best school I have ever been and I cant imagine my life without being at DeSales.

Aliana

DeSales is a very good, has excellent opportunities to succed. The best part about the school is the advising opportunities, the counseling tha I've received here has been the best.I feel condifent about my choice because the programs that the university offered are very complete.

Casandra

I absolutely adore this university. From the campus, to the faculty, to the staff I have not met a campus who cares more about each and every student than DeSales. I have a chronic illness and each professor was accommodating to the few restrictions I do have. There was a time that I lost my employment in the middle of my last semester. The financial office allowed me to graduate and walk during the graduation ceremony, the stipulation was that in order to physically get my diploma I would have to pay off the remaining balance. My parents decided to pay off my balance the day before the ceremony. The staff managed to get my diploma ready for the ceremony! So many people were involved in making sure my graduation was pure perfection. Everyone on stage congratulated me and had a smile from ear to ear! No other campus would do this for lone of their students. I am forever grateful to them!

Audrey

DeSales University has created a very friendly and welcoming school. It has very small sizes. The professors create relationships with there small classes and are very smart. The other staff in the school is also very helpful and friendly. Plus the food is usually very good, but not on weekends. Overall it is a great small school.

Kalyn

Overall, DeSales is a bit of an uneventful albeit nice place to be. The campus is quiet and clean and the majority of people on campus are very polite. Class sizes are small and most professors know you by name. It may not be a party school, but there are always opportunities to do other fun activities ($5 trips to Philly, $1 bowling, lots of events with free food etc.)

Olivia

At any establishment there are drawbacks, but it is up to the student to decide for his/herself whether it is the perfect match for him or her, Overall, DeSales is focused on providing the best education possible for its students. The teachers are warm and welcoming and give you the best chance at succeeding in your field. The location is somewhat isolated and does not offer a lot without a vehicle, but it does emphasis staying on campus and promotes a learning atmosphere. DeSales is a truly wonderful place.

Daria

Overall, i definitely believe that’s DeSales is an amazing and beautiful campus. Everyone is so accepting and the environment makes me feel comfortable. I could not have picked a better school to attend. It also helps that the campus is a hundred percent safe, in my opinion.

Sunny

I absolutely love DeSales. Ever since I stepped foot onto the campus I knew it was for me. The people are so nice everywhere you go, the academics are great, and the dorms look great! The professors are so kind and will literally talk to you and show you around even during their busy schedule. This is an amazing school!

Jwoanteera

DeSales University is an okay college depending what major you’re going to the school for. It has a great theatre department and facilities as well as very good teachers(at least inside the theatre department). The core classes are okay could be better but I’d be very cautious if you’re not catholic because the school runs on very religious rules and it can be a bit annoying for someone who doesn’t practice such beliefs but not everyone who attends is actually catholic or religious. The campus is really clean and beautiful during the summers. It has its problems but overall it’s a nice small yet big kind of school. Could have better food options for students and more compassion during winter storms for commuters and on campus students.

Tori

I spent my undergrad years at DeSales and returned to pursue a Masters. The university really feels like a second home. The faculty, facilities and general feeling of the campus make you excited to invest in your education. Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog!

Dat

Great environment for students to learn independently, however, the teachers are always on standby for the students to ask for help. The Univeristy prepares the students for life outside of college and also, provide students with the proper materials and guidance needed in order to succeed the correct way.

Emma

DeSales is a great school that fosters learning as well as emotional growth. Students are healthily competitive in a way that pushes others to do better. The teachers are very available and willing to help their students, with academics and outside issues. DeSales is an excellent university to consider attending.

Michelle

I Love it and it is a Great school where everyone is like family. This school is so together and offers a Great experience with all high tech. equipment and state of he art video . I Love that, when training it is just like being in the real world doing your job.

Alexys

I think DeSales University is the best college out there. It has so much to offer and is so unique to other schools. The students and staff are completely humble and are always willing to help. The campus is very safe while having the blue light system and having a police station a street away. It is in a beautiful area and is very updated. I am so excited to spend my next 4 years there while playing softball!