Pomona, CA
DeVry University-California

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-California

Zachary

I like that they offer more assistance finding a job than most other colleges I have looked at. They also offer A degree in the field that I want that most other schools do not.

Study more, make more friends, don't waste time with sports, work hard for everything you would ever want.

Anyone wanting a good education with assistance finding a job one they graduate. Someone who doesn't want to go to a vocational school, but they can't afford a normal college or university.

rod

So far I'm enjoying the back to school experience and rediscovering the wisdom of higher learning. The online or e-learning program is flexible and tailored to one's schedule - something I wished I had discovered years ago.

Flexibility and portability of online or e-learning program.

Fo far none. I like the flexibility of online or the e-learning environment of DeVry.

Richard

Devry University is a school that is intended for those who are ready to begin there path to success and are willing to move at a fast pace.

If I could go back as a high school senior and talk to myself the advice I would give would be to set a career goal. Coming out of high school I did not have that goal and I felt like I wasted my time for a while wondering what I wanted to do. Now I am older and I know that it is crucial that I focus on my future and set a specific career goal and stay on track with it. I believe that I am more successful now academically because I have set a career goal and I am sticking with it. Even though I have since graduated from high school I still give advice to family, friends as well as random people who are in high school and need direction I encourage them to stay focused on what it is that they want. Time is of the essence, and I feel the sooner someone knows what they want as far as a career goal the better they can feel toward there future.

Someone who should not attend this school are those who are not ready to make a commitment for there future. I feel that if someone is an individual who does not know what they want to do yet as far as a career than this may not be the school for them.

Cheryl

DeVry's unique scheduling structure helps you balance work, life and school. With their evening, weekend and online courses which is delivered in a eight-week session, you can effectively manage your progress towards your degree without compromising work or personal priorities.

Your senior year in high school is a wonderful time and a time to make plans and decisions. There's a common misconception that once you've made it to your senior year senior grades don't matter. That is incorrect! Colleges do request and review senior grades, especially from the first half of the school year. Continue to take pride in your grades and continue to attempt your best. Planning is an essential aspect of the college experience. And because getting ready for college starts while you are in high school, you will need to begin even earlier to allow you the time to take care of all the details while keeping up with your regular schoolwork. The first step you need to do is meet with you counselor before you submit any college applications. The second step is to fill out the applications, write essays if you need to, get letters of recommendation, set up to have your test scores sent to the schools and get appropriate transcript information. The last step is to fill out scholarships and apply for as many as you can, you will need all the money you can get to pay for college.

I consider the classroom as the worst thing about my school. The reason why is because the classroom are a bit small and the desk is too small and cramped but it's not in all the classes. In some class, there's table size desk. They should have it in all the classroom.

Aaron

Devry University is a excellent school to attend for students that have the courage, and the determination to finish in 3 years or less.

Devry University is unique because most people think it is a trade school but, it is not. Actually, Devry is classified as an accredited university. For instance, your able to transfer after finishing your prerequistes from Devry University to a college of your choice. There are different advisors to assist you along the way while pursuing your education at the time at Devry. Unlike, most schools you have to pay the college while attending school. Moreover, Devry allows students to repay the school back six months after they graduate. Futhermore, students can futher their education after they graduate.

Aaron would prepare to study as twice as hard. Considering, that the coursework in college will be much harder work than high school was. He will began to develop study groups with fellow classmates. Aaron will need to get a head start in completing all the assingments on time but, in a timely-manner. Aaron also will need to pay close attention to make sure that he is able to grasp all the material the instructor is given. On the other hand, he will addressed his attention to what the instructor is saying. Aaron will need to sit in front of the class to make sure that he doesn't miss any key points the instructor gives. Futhermore, he will need to take a lot of notes on major concepts for the course that the instructor gives. Aaron always needs to be on time so, that he doesn't miss any important material. Moreover, he haves to become very involve in raising his hands to make sure he is on track with the instructor.

Alfredo

If I could go back in time to my senior year, I would take my classes more seriously and take all my SAT and ACT test. Do more research on colleges and take my time on knowing what school i really want to go to and da major I would like to pursue.

Any person thats looking for a career in a specific major and Devry will help you get into that career in every way possible.

A person that should not attend this school is someone who is not into a fast pased school. Devry's courses are 8 weeks and there are lots of things to cover in those 8 weeks and have to be able to be a fast learner.

Rammy

Transition between high school and college life is a life changing experience. The one thing that I've learned through this college experience is that you have to be in control with your life and be able to manage your time between work and school. If your time management is weak, you are not going to do well in college. Make sure that you don't have so many jobs while going to college because you'll see that there will be no time to finish the research paper or any other class assignments. You would end up retaking the class, and spending more money for the class you already tried to take. Not only is time management is important, but setting some goals is important. Just set some short-term and long-term goals in order to get where you want to be in 5 years or so. You'll find out that time management and setting goals will be helpful in your college life. Take the time to do these, and good things will happen.

The best thing about my school is the class sizes, hands on experiments, and helpful academic advisors. With the smaller class sizes, there is better interaction with the professors allowing for more one on one time. The hands on experiments are helpful in getting experience and better understanding of the material. The academic advisors are helpful in making sure that you get registered for the classes needed, and helps out with rescheduling in case of cancellation.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is more of the athletic person because there is no sports or any activities like that.

Jared

The classmates that I have had so far have been very helpful and encouraging. There are the occasional sarcastic students, but overall I have been very pleased.

I would first tell myself to focus more in high school to better prepare and set myself up for succeeding. I would tell myself to not worry about what others are doing, but rather what is best for me and my future. I am an older college student and for this reason I would tell myself to complete my education right after high school and do not put it off because having a full time job, three kids, and a wife it is difficult to find the required time for my studies. When pursuing an education it is good to get advice from your peers and family, but ultimately you are responsible for what you accomplish, and don't accomplish. Knowing this, I would tell myself to make sure I had a road map planned so that I had an idea of where I was going, not finding out once I got there.

I wish that I had completely reaserched what I was going to do with my degree before I started.

Shai

Shai, I know that you are young and you just want to be out on your own but the only way that you are going to make it in this world is if you go tcollege and do something for yourself. Partying is ok, but stay focus. I know that it may be hard and that you may face some challenges when it comes to English but you can make it. It is only as hard as you make it. Don't forget about the library, its there to help. Not to mention the tutors that won't make you feel like you are dumb. Just keep going and before you know it you will be done. Don't be scared to go all the way to PhD. You can do it.

Going to school at DeVry is challenging and it is even more challening when you work and try to maintain a part time job. It is hard to survive especially witht the economy the way that it is.

A person who can afford to go to school and not have to work a part time job and struggle while in school.

DeVry University-California administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.