Miramar, FL
DeVry University-Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Florida

Olguine

Hey there! I know you’re busy with friends and anime but I’m here to tell you that friends don’t last and anime is forever. Right now, I need you to do us a favor. First, stop being lazy! You’ll have plenty of time later to rest, believe me. You need to go to the hospital and start volunteering. Also, after you graduate, start taking classes at Lorenzo Walker for Medical Billing. Have your sister, Wisnie, help you with your resume. You must start applying for scholarships, whatever that fits the criteria, you’re going to need it. Listen, boys aren’t important, at least not right now. Get your career on track first because juggling school, work, and a boyfriend is hard work, Missy. You’re under enough stress as it is. Apply for desk jobs with your new and improved resume. Go up to the Customer Service position at Publix sooner than later, you’ll need the experience. You can pick up some shifts in bakery if need be. I just want you to know whatever happens don’t stop loving yourself and always remember to pray. Sincerely, Your Future Self

DeVry is a career school that will get you where you want to go.

brian

If I could go back in time and correct all my mistakes that I made while i attended college, I would disicpline myself more. I had a habit of skipping classes and not taking my college life serious. I looked at school as school or education. I should of looked at school as my job or carreer. After experiencing lifes struggles, I have now returned to school. I now look at my education as an opportunity to have a brighter future, not go to school because everyone is going to school. I would advise myself to never give up. If you get a bad mark, don't let it get you down. Strive to do better. Take a challenge. If things get you down, seek help from your peers( Counselors, fellow classmates) No question is a stupid question. And when it comes to study, don't allow anything to distract you. Seek a place where no one can find you. Do your reading, not some, all of your reading. No one is perfect and don't beat yourself over your head. You are human! it is worth it in the end.

Christina

I would tell myself to do everything I have done so far. I have made a million mistakes, I have done terrible things and I have done amazing things. But in everything I have done, I have made myself into the person I am today. I spent the last 6 years travelling across America, living in tents, hiking mountains, climbing glaciers and appreciating life, the world and all aspects of culture and community with a deep love for nature. All of this was made possible for the choices I made in high school and after. In my travels, I learned the importance of college and was able to take online classes, learning about the things I want to learn while still getting to travel the world. If I truly had to tell myself one thing, it would be to learn, love and live.

So far my experience with Devry has been wonderful. They have been extremely helpful in all aspects of classes, enrollment and finacially. The classes are broken down into special semesters which help to expedite the process of achieving a degree while still having professors who care and provide positive methods of teaching.

The most frustrating thing would be sometimes while taking an online class, it can be incredibly easy to take an assignment out of context and in turn getting a "not so great" grade. Most professors do an excellent job at being clear and precise as to what they want and expect, but sometimes it can be confusing. Its hard to truley understand someones feelings and thoughts through reading online.

Morgan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool student, the most important thing I would tell myself, is to take things more seriously. I know we get this lecture everyday throughout highschool, but it really is important. I woulc tell myself to start preparing your first year of highschool. My advice to myself would be perfect your study habits and apply for as many scholarships as you can get your hands on. I say this because the more money you can accumulate from scholarships, the less you have to work while you are in college. I am not saying there is absolutley nothing wrong with working, but I could succeed so much better in school if I was not working four days a week. These days it is very important to go to college and get that degree. I would also advise myself to really think about what I want to do with the rest of my life, My college life would have been much easier if I would have really taken the time to think about what I wanted, instead of having to change majors.

juan

Easy learning environment with a lot of help if needed. Teachers that actually care for the students and the students needs.

I would say to myself forget about the military and go to the University as my mother wanted. As I lost the opportunity to go to the university as a young man I have to struggle thru life with worthless jobs and no career future. This is the reason that at my advance age I have decided to go back and get my degree.

jennifer

don't ever give up, stay in school and push through

don't ever give up, stay in school and push through

4 advisors to guide me through process

covering my living expenses without working 40 hours a week

Latasha

Dedicated to there students caring places . I like the way the professor treat the students.

I would enjoy my self a bite more before I jumped into college. I would do some research on the career that I am choosing and make sure its in demand with the work feild. I would also take more classes to hurry up in graduate .

I like everything about the school you feel like a adult going to school, the main thing of going to school when your a adult is to feel like your grown.

Jenay

My school is more of a technical school than any other I've considered. There's no poinless classes. Every class is geared toward your major, and each class is a continuation of your previous class.

From my college experience, I have gotten a feel for the business world. The teachers are great and try their best to have a relaxed educational environment. A lot of the work is online and you have a week to complete it, it makes for a very relaxed environment both at home and at the shool.

It's small class size. It's very student and profession orientated. Those who graduate from my school are mainly employed by Fortune 100 Companies. The classes are geared toward your major, you don't have to take useless and time-consuming classes, you jump right into your degree.

Tommy

What I got out of my college experiences are opportunities and a drive to become a better person. Going to a community college showed me that it doesn't matter where your going to school but what are you trying to get from school. At first I just wanted to go to college to just learn about whatever interested me, but I had no idea I was going to learn so much about myself. I love performing but I'm also quite shy so I took theater art classes and it forced me to open myself to the world. Opening up made me realize I was wearing a mask that kept me from showing who I am. I learned that hiding myself from others was selfish because I had something to share and give to others. My classes taught me to not be afraid to be yourself and doing that has got me to be more honest with myself and it took away my shyness. I am now performing and expressing myself through the arts. I value college because I was able to reach for something I want and able to get a hold of it.

Erin

For the past five and a half years I had been working as a Graphic Designer for Gannett owned newspapers in Eastern Wisconsin. Recently, the company decided to consolidate its creative departments nationwide into two central locations. In the process, my position was eliminated. It was announced pretty early, so I knew I would be losing my job. Still, I had learned a lot working for Gannett and decided to continue working with the company until I was officially released. In my job search since, it has become clear to me that I need to expand my set of skills if I want to continue in my chosen career. I love what I do, but a majority of my work has been in print design. I believe it is vital to increase my field from Graphic Designer to Graphic/Web Designer & Developer. DeVry University sounds like the perfect place to earn my degree. It is a school that will work with my schedule, allowing me to take classes both online and on campus. Also, it is a school that prides itself on readying its graduates for the work place. I am very excited to start my new college career.

The fact that you can take classes both online or on campus is a huge benefit. Also, the method of teaching, learning while you work/hand on rather than through lectures seems to be more effective.

School is expensive, not matter where you go. DeVry is no exception. But there are plenty of grants, scholarships and loans to help you earn your degree.

DeVry University-Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.