Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Sydney
online

im an online student

online

im an online student

Melissa

This is a school that hires teachers who are excellent in their field and have a strong desire to show students that same excitement.

This school is best known for its easy to handle format of 8-week classes. It is better to work with the suggested plan of study instead of deviating and trying to create your own.

Knowing what I know now, I would advise my younger self to not give up when the studying feels burdensome. I went to college immediately following high school, when my study habits were not well-formed. At that time, though I was striving to be well-rounded in my college experience, I placed friendships and extracurriculars at an elevated priority, to the detriment of my schoolwork. To my younger counterpart, my imparted wisdom is to prioritize your time, to take care of the first things first (schoolwork), and to remind myself that the hours of "burdensome" studying will pay dividends to my future long after sleepiness and fatigue have faded from memory.

Rodnie

That is actually a good question. If I could go back, I would tell my High School self, to stop playing around when it comes to education, to stop wasting time and also to stop being a procrastinator. I would tell my high school self, that life is not a game, and that getting an education should be the number 1 priority and that everything else comes after.I would tell myself to do my research before deciding on a major and to work really hard for it. I'd tell myself not to take out more loans than I need and to also apply for as many scholarship that i can. I would also tell myself that it was time to grow up and live the high school life behind , because the college we pick to the last classes we pick will make a big impact in our future and that we need to choose wisely. I would also tell myself that "knowledge talk, and wisdom listen" and that nothing in life comes easy, and that education was the door to the sky and that dedications ,motivations ,patience were the keys ,so let's open that door.

I actually don't have any complaints.The school is very great, the classes are small, the staffs are great, the professors are very helpful and they also check on your grades and calls you to find out if you need tutoring with your class.Classes are hybrids , so you get to work at your own pace and also the classes are only 8 weeks long. It is a great school to get your degree from faster, specialy if you have a very busy and demanding life schedule.

Dominique

A second home with an amazing staff, ready and willing to be helpful and supportive through the smiles and the challenges.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing that I would tell myself would be to stay focused and keep my eyes on the bigger picture. I would tell myself not to allow my new found freedom to distract me from my ultimate goal. While college should definitely be an enjoyable time, there are many years left of your life after college to party, date and have children. I would tell myself that making small sacraficing will make things so much easier down the road. That way I wouldn't be a 28 year old single mom with a huge amount of student loan debt, no financial aid and still trying to finish school. I would tell myself to make a plan and stick to it. I would tell myself to hang out with people that are going to keep you motivated and on your game when you're falling off. I would also tell myself to remember all the sacrafices your mom and grandma made to get you to college. Don't let them down, make them proud and make all of their sacrafice worth it.

Before coming to this school, I wish I would've know just how expensive it really is and that I would run out of financial aid and be unable to finish my last eight classes. It has been a very long and hard road and to be so close to the end and have this huge financial struggle has been very difficult.

Alexandria

Their flexibility and support for active military members.

Their flexibility and support for active military members.

"Try harder, and don't let trivial things detour you. Video games and folly may seem like the best option. But seeing things as they are now, watching the after math, I saw just how silly these things were. I gave up on high school, abandoned my good grades and honors classes. For what? I sat at home and did nothing. I gained weight lost friends, went nowhere. ...I fought a battle to get my GED since I had not been in school for years. I found a goal I couldn't make happen - joining the navy. I have to wait til I finish fifteen hours of accreditted college hours to be considered. Please - don't lose sight of your motivation and turn into the person I am now. Go to college and make the right choices from the beginning. The person you are changes and blooms into someone you always wish you could be."

Individuals who are not self motivated.

Maribel

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to study harder and continue my education immediately after graduation. I had my first son at the age of 18 only 5 months after my high school graduation and continued building my family of 4 children which now I am raising on my own. I don't regret having children, I just regret that I had them before finishing my education and now it's a constant struggle. It is a struggle to work full time, take care of a house hold full time and go to school full time. If I would have known life struggles without a higher education then, I would have definitely continued my education and worried about having a family later. It is very hard work now, but I know that at the end of it all it will pay off. My children are also learning the importance of education as I make it a point to sit with them and study together. They see my struggle and have openly admitted how they want to excel in school to get scholarships.

I wish I would have known how important a higher education was years ago. If I would have realized this right after high school, I would have not taken a break from school and continued my education then. I don't regret having children, I do however wish I would have finished school first before having a family and we would now be in a better financial situation. For the last three and a half years, I have worked really hard toward earning my Bachelor's degree, all while taking care of a house hold, children and working full time.

I don't know what kind of person would not attend this school. In my opinion, De Vry University has been a great school. Every one from the professors, to the staff and class mates have been very helpful in assisting me with questiions and concerns as well as projects. De Vry is focused on preparing their students for their career they have chosen and if a person is not prepared to work hard, focus, and be dedicated to their school work; they should not attend this school. Other than that, any body should be proud to attend DeVry university.

cynthia

I have not started classes yet. I don't know any classmates yet. I will not start class until May

If I havd guidence in High school I would have found out more about careers that I might be interested in

Have not started yet, but they have been nothing but helpful, so I don't know anything with is frustrating at this time

Cynthia

They offer flexibility of wheher you would like to take the class online or on campus. Also textbooks are electronic so they are making a step forward in going with the information age as well as being environmentally sound.

The worst thing is that some classes are only allowed to be taken online.

I would tell my high school senior self that I would have the time to complete anything I want do, so don't rush life. Since my 2008 graduation, I rushed my life, changing my mind, major and school multiple times. I would let my teen self know that taking all those AP classes was serious and I should use them to my advantage. Also, I would let myself know that college is easier and fun only when you are happy and not stressing. Boys, parties, and hanging out doesn't guantee you anything. I would mostly advise that others can't live your life, so don't let them choose your path.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.