Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Xortia

My senior year I commuted between two schools, so I never got to experience any senior assemblies or partake in the senior pride experiences my friends did. In terms of things I should’ve done as a senior I would’ve liked to have more confidence in my abilities. I wanted to take more arts classes. I wish I would’ve taken more honors classes. If I joined a varsity sport I could’ve been more sociable. I wish I could’ve spent two extra hours with my sister and all the people I grew up with while in school. I don’t regret any of the decisions I’ve made, but I regret taking the people that surrounded me for granted and assuming they’d always be next to me. Graduation was bitter sweet; it was filled with many heart ridden goodbyes. Now, they’re so many possibilities that the world is frightening. Thus, I would tell myself with everything that I’ve learned now, to be strong and never quit regardless of the obstacles in my way. Don’t be the person that delays their priorities and ruins their own future.

Crystal

Convenient and helpful institution of higher learning

Convenient and helpful institution of higher learning

If I could go back in time to my high school years the first thing I would do is tell myself to talk to a counselor and/or college advisor on my very first day of school. I would advise me get to know them and ask them to give me information on everything about college. I would help me to research what opportunities are out there and get some assistance in finding out what career interests me most. I would tell myself to choose living on campus away from home for the best experience. I would tell myself to visit several different colleges and gather as much information about each one before I make my final decision. I would tell myself to visit every website that has scholarship information like campusdiscovery.com. I would advise myself to find a mentor. Someone who is already in college and going through the experience and can give me good advise. I would tell myself to volunteer whenever possible. I would tell myself to study hard and get all A's. I would tell myself to take the ACT and the SAT tests after much preparation for the best score possible.

Beatrice

I would tell myself to be more motivated and try to take as many classes financially I can handle. The college classes are way easier than AP and Honors classes. Therefore, get the highest gpa you can while your getting your associates degree. When you get to your bachelors it next to impossible to get an A so get the highest grades. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions. The professors are there to help you and if you don't ask a question you will miss out on a lot!

The best thing about this school is that it's organized and you can see where your money is going. Also the teacher's actually care and wants you to pass. If you fail a test they will immediately notify you to set up a meeting to get you on the right track. There is no way you can flunk out if youre motivated.

I wish I knew how easy it was to register and get into this school. It is very secluded so you can easily miss it while your driving down the street.

Amazing learning environment and awesome faculty

Amazing learning environment and awesome faculty

Accelerated Programs and being on the brink of new technological developments

Iwould tell myself to make friends of other nationalities first and foremost. Depending on where you go to school, you can be affected by culture shock and you may not adjust as well as you can if you interact with other races early on. Plan your day out as effectively as you can. Plan time to study, do homework and also plan time to hang out with friends. Work on your independence by being responsible in every aspect of your life. You are responsible for your self in college. Mom is not goingg to be calling to speak to the professor for you and there are not any parent/teacher conferences. take classes tha twill challeneg your thinking and not only help you to grow asa student, but as a person in genegral and pick a major that not only interests you, but that you can also make money to support yourself in.

Audrey

Online school and no social interaction.

Online school and no social interaction.

My school is an online program that specializes in Nursing Degrees only.

I would remind myself to set short term as well as long term goals. I would focus in on study time as well as the quality of my study sessions. I would advise anyone to choose a major or career path that they love and have a high level of passion for . I would advise a student to be a visionary and think outside the box. I think when choosing a career one should choose for passion first and this could alleviate future professional burnout.

Kevin

I would tell my high school self to focus. I would l tell the high school me that all the things that are done or not done in high school create the path that you are going to walk in the future. It is not impossible to change that path, but it is certainly more difficult to correct your course later. The best thing to do is to try to start on the right path.

lincoln

As the famous phrase goes “If I knew then what I know now….” would my life have turned out differently? The answer for me is a resounding yes. If I had the opportunity to talk to a younger version of me, knowing what I have been through and learned over the years, I would make some slight changes to better my life. I was a typical high school teenager, just going with the flow. The problem with me was never pushing to strive for the best. Due to this laid back attitude, I had no idea what my goals and dreams were by the time graduation approached. It would take me years from one job to the next, to realize that there is no future without education. This is where the mature me would step in, encouraging the younger me to step out of my comfort zone and be pro active. I’d approach school differently, with some zest and interest, rather than just getting through it for the sake of the grades. I would take advantage of scholarships and opportunities granted to minorities and counselors. My biggest mistake was not having goals at that time, not knowing my worth.

Gayle

Devry (online) is a great school to attend. The advisors were great in helping me to determine which course to take and with no surprises like a former school that I was attending.

Compared to another school I was attending, they don't add in extra costs for when changing platforms and pointing the finger at me, saying that it's my fault.

Start applying for scholarships now, and attend college now. Don't wait until you're almost 50, although there is no shame in that either. It's just you will have a little more freedom to go explore and travel the world.

Jasmine

The best advice I would have is to set your goals for the future and go for them; do not just have them be goals that you set aside, but come up with an action plan to accomplish them. College is not a game and getting through with good grades is vital. If you have an action plan you will be more prepared for the things that college life will throw at you. Be sure that you plan includes how you will pay for school too so you don't have the stress of wondering how you will pay for it all. With you goals set and plan in mind reach for the stars and don't stop till you reach your goal!!

I like that I can get my degree quickly and the classes directly relate to the field I am studying. By getting my degree quickly it allows me to grow with my company and get a better position within the company.

I wish that I would have looked into schools more to ensure that the college fits me and my goals.

tamika

The advice I would give myself is to stay focused and to believe in myself and my own abilities because no one else can build your confidence and self esteem. I would have gotten even better grades in school and stayed on the academic path to receives scholarship offers. Even though I had excellent grades in school I was not as motivated as I could have been, I would have made sure my high school experience was better so I could be prepared for college and life after. Another important piece of advice I would give to myself is to never be afraid to be afraid to take risks and be yourself because that is one way to get to know yourself. That is a big lesson learned for me, I have had my ups and downs and I would like to go back in time, but what I have been through is all apart of living and growing into the woman I am today. I am now a courageous, strong minded person that can think for me and do what I have to do to succeed in life.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.