Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Rebecca

If I could go back I would tell myself to do more outside of school activities to increase my experience in the culinary field, also I would say to do more work with community, since starting college I have been looking into programs that help homeless youth in the area, meeting with those people have made me feel like a I should do all I can to teach them and it makes me feel like I have accomplished something more in my life. One more thing I would tell myself is to study more because in college the work is twice as hard or more and three times more long.

Brenda

The advice I would give myself would be to not be afraid of speaking up and asking the professor any questions or doubts I have because if you're confused or doubtful, it could lead to falling behind in class. I also would tell myself to apply to as many scholarships as I could because college is very expensive and with all other expenses, it can become the cause of stress. I would tell myself that if I decide to work and go to school at the same time, to be prepared for a long, hard, and tiring joy ride to my degree because once you fall behind in one assignment, it will be very hard to keep up. And finally, I would tell myself to never give up hope because the greatest things in life are achieved through hard work.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that doesn't mind a class under 20 students. The kind of person that loves the one-on-one interaction with the professors and accept the professors' help and kindness and that has no problem connecting with their professors . One that is devoted to their educational value.

I brag about how caring and welcoming the school's environment is. Wherever you walk in the campus, you are greeted and smiled upon. The staff, even the ones that don't know you, will greet you and sometimes flare up a conversation. On some hot days, the school gives out free popsicles; on the brutal cold days they give out coffee. The staff and school really care about their students and will do just about anything to help them with any problems.

Anjali

Devry university is a fast paced school where students get one-on-one attention from their teachers because of the small class sizes.

College students have a more independent life-style and that experience is neccessary in order to get agood job after college

The worst thing about my school is that for the Health Information Technology major, it is necessary for me to take classes in the city of Chicago.

Jason

I would have applied myself more and possibly went away to college.

I would have applied myself more and possibly went away to college.

Scheduling flexibility, hands-on learning environment.

Crystal

Study as hard as possible time flies by so fast within a blink of an eye. One thing that parents do not tell you or talk to you about is your credit. Do not apply for several credit cards, because they will haunt you in the future. Make sure when you look into colleges and what you want your degree in be in, make sure it is something that you will want to do in 20 years. Make sure your decision is not just for the moment. Think about everything. Required time away from hom. And hours you will have to work. And what the expectations are for the job. Be sure to do your research make sure you are comfortable with the amount of money that you will make. Also just getting a bachelors degree just isn't good enough make sure you get as much education as you can. To increase the likelyhood you will get the job you want. Try not to have kids early, you want to make sure you can provide from them in all ways. Kids while trying to complete your education will slow you down. There will be plenty of time for that.

Jesse

The teachers truely care about the students learning.

The teachers truely care about the students learning.

College is an investment for your future. It is like a garden that has the capability to feed you the rest of your life. If you place time, energy, and determination into your education, such as a garden, it will reward you with the needed sustenance to allow you to flourish as a person. Education is not only an essential tool in life, it is a blessing. Don't ever mistake that the opportunity and ability to learn is a gift that should be seized. While college is unmistakably hard work, you must have enjoyment and balance as part of your life. I encourage you to socialize and make new friends while maintaining responsibility. Learn to be financially savvy. You will be tempted to go down a path of materialism. Understand that your parents worked their entire lives to have what they do now. You cannot expect to reach that same point this soon in life, and going in debt to get there as a short cut is a tremendous and haunting mistake. Good credit is essential. The last piece of advice I can give is don’t be afraid to ask the cute blond out in your math class.

the school is affordable and of high quality.

Selina

Most people keep to themselves but are more or less friendly. The Devry campus that I go to is the Chicago campus.

I finally realized what I wanted to study and now that I have I want to finish. Devry offers me that opportunity, as well as good teachers, and work that is related to the material if annoyingly time consuming sometimes. I am returning to school to finish my bachelor's degree as a single mother of a 3yr old and a 1yr old. My goal is to learn as much as I can and get as high of grades as I can while trying to finish as soon as possible. I have found that going back to school a little bit older has made me value that education more. And at Devry I don't feel out of place because there are freshman straight from high school as well as older students like myself returning to either get their degree, or change their field. The small class size works to my advantage, and the small campus allows me to spend only the time I need on campus. The 8 week classes are a challenge but at the same time I can take 2 classes in a semester, that are related and understand more because they are so close together.

Someone who is ready to work. Classes are 8 weeks long and move fast. Even though Devry offers almost all of its classes online, I would not recommend taking a class online unless you have to. I have had a hard time getting ahold of the professor, and I have heard the same complainte from many other students. And with the fast pace it makes it easier if you have a professor explaining the material and you can ask questions.

Cary

I have gotten so much from my education; looking back at what I have learned and accomplished is amazing. I have priceless knowledge in the ever changing Science field. I am no longer a follower,now a leader. I could never have gained the confidence I now have with out continuing my education. I was told I would never ge anywhere with "just" a G.E.D.,but I am showing those people that this is my destiny, and nothing will stop me from reaching my dreams to become an R.N. My family is so excited to see me attain my goals. I have become a very positive role model in my two daughters lives. They are young, but are planning their future education from seeing their mother prove you can do anything your heart desires. That is my driving force to dedicate myself to eduction. I would never trade my experiences for the world. It has changed me so much in a positive way. I one day hope to return to my college to be a nurse educator because of the wonderful experiences I have had here. Continuing my education was the best ting I have ever done.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.