Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Maria

When I was taking my courses for my bachelor’s degree I enjoyed the experience. I feel like I learned something in each of my courses, my teachers were professionals and knew the material which made it easy for me to succeed in my courses. DeVry University was exactly what I needed. I needed a school where I could take my classes according to my work schedule and I loved that most of the students in my night classes where older than me and therefore had more experience that I could learn from. I also liked the fact that there weren’t any parties, athletic events, or the need for me to take PE classes and such that were not a part of program of study. Now I am working on my Master’s degree, I am single mother and it’s harder for me to go to school since again I don’t qualify for financial aid. I want to finish my degree because it will help my future and my daughter’s future. Also because I will be a role model for my daughter and when she grows up she will understand the importance of a college education.

I wish I would've known at an earlier time If I had received financial aid. I thought the tuition was high and I ended up not getting any financial help.

I thought tuition was very expensive, especially because I didn't receive financial aid. I had an excellent experience at DeVry. I never had a problem with scheduling for classes or any school related activity.

Leisure

I have met instructors that will leave a life long impact on me. They have taught me a variety ways to complete one task. It's more then just receiving instructions on how to do stuff. They have taught me as if i were one of their employees. This has proven to make me ready for a challenging position in the work force. I have worked on group projects and compled activities that will help me future myself in the long run. I learned some good people skills by working in group settings. Our class sizes are always small, no more then 15 students. This gives me individual attention which gives me the opportunity to understand what i'm being taught and if i dont understand the insgtructor will sit with me and break things down so that i will know what he's teach me when he's done.

My school has blended learning courses. This means that the classes meat on campus and also have to do online work. This helps lessen the stress load by giving us the chance to work independently at our own pace online. There's a limited amount of instruction received in the class room. The class sizes are small. There's no more then about 15 students per class so you can get individual attention from the instructor if needed. The instructors are available to help you out if you need more understanding on something.

I wish i would have known how hands on the courses are. They teach you exactly what you would be doing on a job, it's not just learning what to do but we actually use the knowledge we learn and put it to work in our projects each week. This helps us get a better understanding of what we are learning. It's not just alot of reading that goes no where. Im glad we get the chance to show what we have learned by completing the task efficiently.

Shelley

College to some can be considered a rite of passage as students grow from an unsure high school student into a well prepared college graduate which leads me to why college is so valuable to attend. As a high schooler, leaving the nest for the first time, college prepares you for what to expect in the real world once you are ready to begin your career. When in school you must meet your teachers' deadline's for papers and if you forget then you cannot receive extra credit such as in high school, you must deal with the consequences. In the real world the same rules apply you are no longer treated like a child and given numerous chances, you must show that you are one of the best and continue to prove that you are a valuable asset to you company and not a liablilty. College prepares you so that students do not feel like they are thrown directly into the fast paced and well driven career environment, but instead gives students the ability to mentally and emotionally prepare theirselves for the challenges soon to come and to work towards making their mark in this world.

With DeVry University I was given the tools to not only succeed in a class setting but in the real world as well. DeVey mentally and emotionally prepares you for what is challenging tasks that await's their students with open arms and we learn to embrace these challenges and to push ourselves further and stronger. DeVry has helped me to realize that I can accomplish anything that I work hard towards and put my mind to.

DeVry University is a school that pertains to all types of students such as those who prefer to write more than take test and vice versa. DeVry University makes sure that the students are not only a good fit for the school but the school is a good fit for the student. With academic advising on campus student's are not given a chance to fail, they are given a chance to succeed.

Victoria

I currently am enrolled in online classes and will not be starteing until April. I can conclude that the atmosphere is very open and supportive in anything that students need assistance with and students are welcome to take online as well as campus courses to better know their peers.

So far I have felt that I have acheived much more in the last few weeks than I have in years. I have been out of school for 8 years and decided one night that I would enroll and get my degree that I've been waitng for. I have a small child and I really need to set a good example for him and other adults out there who are in between their major life decisions. I haven't even satrted my first class yet but I already feel much more confident in knowing I am capable of accomplishing my goals. The staff at DeVry has made things so easy for me that failure just isn't an option. I am very excited about my upcoming years and I am relieved that taking the next few steps towards my future is within reach now. It becomes very difficult to get back on track once life happens, but being able to set aside enough of it to go back to school is the best decision anyone can make.

DeVry University is definately for someone who is driven to succeed. Students who have interests they want to turn into careers can be guided here at DeVry. I feel very comfortable with my advisors and I am very satisfied with my decision to continue my education after 8 years since graduating high school. If someone wants people to care about their needs and give them everything needed to get on the right track, then DeVry is for them.

Purvi

What I have gotten from my college experience is that academics and doing your best is important. The better your grades, the better future you have, and the better job you will get. Social life is important as well because I can't study 24/7. I need breaks. Having fun and laughing makes me happier, enjoy life, and helps me focus on my studies. Studying all the time can get me down and a little distraction is alright. I have also learned more about myself, such as, who I am, my communication styles, and what I need to work on to improve myself. The more I improve on myself, the better person I will become. I have also learned that I need to be assertive since I tend to be way too passive and have people walk all over me. I've been improving on this. I also got out of my shy shell a little bit and made a few friends. College is definitely an amazing experience where you learn not just about academics, but also about yourself. I recommend going to college to everyone for a better and brighter future.

There is not a lot of social activities in this school. You can make friends during class but this is a commuter school and many people might not live near you to hang out or study with out of school. The food is expensive so I always bring my own food. They don't give out stats about the school like h ow competitive it is and how many students graduate and apply to this school as well as how many got accepted.

Chamberlain and DeVry are considered separate school yet we're in the same building. My general education classes are taught by DeVry teachers but I can't get the MAP grant because Chamberlain is a new school where as DeVry students get the MAP grant. I'm being taught in the same classes, teachers, and cirriculum as DeVry. They don't have grants or scholarships in this school.

Sachet

In my opinion, college is valuable in many ways. First and foremost, without a college education, there is really no sure way of making it in this world. Not only that, the education that one learns in college not only helps them in the professional world, but also in everyday life. Courses such as psychology and criminal justice appeal to life outside of the workplace. Learning things such as, why people get angry and how they cope with anger, and why babies act and feel the way they do are all subjects can enhance ourselves as human beings. Being apart of a college community has opened my eyes to a lot of things and has subjected me to a lot of different people from all different aspects of life. Experiences such as learning of different cultures and how the cultures affect the world we live in and meeting people from those cultures are all moments that a priceless. I would encourage anyone to go to college even if they just want the experience. Going to college is something I definitely something I do not regret.

Well, I think the advisors did a pretty good job in informing me on what to expect at this school. Now, looking back, I wish that someone would have told me how tedious the classes are. For instance, you have to do extensive research on the discussion threads in order to recieve all possible points, where as to in a classroom setting, you can use your lectures and homework to really participate in class discussions. Not only that, I wish someone had really sat down with me and discussed scheduling my day for my classes.

I brag about the fact that I will be getting my bachelor's degree in a maximum of three years. I also brag about the fact that I don't have to wake up early in the morning and drag to school, because I can "go to class" whenever I get a chance as opposed to having to be in a classroom at a certain time.

Erin

College is as much an eye-opener as it is a blinder. You are suddenly an adult and have to manage your own schedule, but at the same time, you are still sheltered from the ?real world? in many ways. Having been to college and then out in the working world, I have returned to college with a far more intense perspective and focus. I understand now how to challenge myself, and how I want to be challenged. I have more insight into how certain classes DO pertain to the career fields I have already worked in. Fresh out of high school, the goal was to get into a good college and complete a degree. Now my goal is to fulfill who I want to be, and really get an education, not just a degree. This perspective has only come from being able to return to college and know more about who I am and what there is to offer in the world.

My classmates are extremely helpful because we all understand that the online learning process is very challanging so we try to do what we can to help each other become successful.

This college experience has helped me to manage my time better. Online classes require a lot more time because you do not actually have someone there to teach you the materials you actually have to do all of the learning on your own. The discussion threads are a great help though and also it helps a lot to attend the live lectures, which are not required but like I said they really help. I have a child and a full time job and going to classes on certain nights or days is almost impossible so the online program has really been a great benefit for me. It has allowed me to better myself for both me and my family. I hope that I can take what I have gotten from this experience and advance myself in the working world.

In order to attend this schools online learning prgram you have to be self motivated. Participation is a must in our classes because it is part of our final grades so you must be someone who is willing to participate and can learn a lot based on your own reading.

Mark

Getting great knowledge of computers and network systems.

Getting great knowledge of computers and network systems.

I used to be picked on in school and in trying to be popular let my grades slip significantly. I believe I was ranked 76th out of 128 students in high school. If I could go back, I reassure myself of the hardships that lie ahead and tell myself to buckle down on my studies. Although, I didn't feel that my grades would help me through life once I tried to get into college the reality set in hard. I am now a 36 year old married man that can't find a job and just wants to be the best he can be to provide for his family. I also would express that I have gone from a 2.65 to 3.25 GPA and still rising. If you take time to grow in knowledge , knowledge will eventually reward you whether financially, spiritually, or even through your son/daughters eyes as they look at you earn a great achievement. I would want to show my previous self that nothing more matters than the pride you will get in your heart from that moment when you realize, you're a hero.

It realitively easy to get the classes I need. If something is not available in the classroom I can also attend online.

Miguel

My classmates are all nice and easy to get along with.

My classmates are all nice and easy to get along with.

I would definitely tell myself to make sure and pick out exactly what I really want to have a job in. I would also let myself know that money will become a big issue and that finding at decent part-time job is a must. I would also make sure to tell myself to fill out more scholarships and try and search for as much advice from professionals as possible. I would also let myself know that I should really put some emphasis on how I set up my schedule as things will get hectic soon. Lastly, I would tell myself to continue to study hard and do not slow down at all. Keep at it and I will finish sooner.

People who are career oriented and want to finish sooner and get right in the work-field should come to this school.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.