Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Margaret

My classmates are not simply people I attend class with; they are compassionate and motivated individuals who I consider life-long friends.

Chamberlain College of Nursing allows students to focus on their profession, without the usual distractions that other universities gain infamy for. While still a relatively new school, it is highly regarded by hospitals who have worked with us during clinicals. As difficult as nursing courses can be, Chamberlain adds to their difficulty by accelerating their four year BSN to a three year BSN. The attractiveness of finishing my bachelor?s degree a year early has lead me to choose Chamberlain. While this means I will have to work twice as hard on my studies, I am ready to do so.

The truth is, young people never take advice from others, even if they have useful experiences to share. However, if I could go back in time and actually listen to what I had to say, I would treasure every word. During senior year, everyone would be talking about the neat universities they were planning on attending, except for me. I would attend a nearby community college. Community colleges are able to provide superb education, with a comparatively small cost. Aside from this, I would tell myself narrow my field of study to something I love doing. Instead of listening to family members talk about the most financially rewarding profession, I would choose an area I wouldn't mind working in for the next few decades. In addition, my ghost from the past would tell me that there is nothing stopping me from attaining what I want. When I was in high school, I worried about whether or not I could afford continuing a college level education. The truth with this, is that there are many opportunties in receiving funds that will help you pay off your degree later in life. I really hope this is one of them.

My current classmates range in ages from 25 - 40. Most of them have several years in the business field and decided to go back to school to advance their education.

Since I had an Associates Degree, I would tell myself to stick it out and obtain my bachelors degree. That there are no quick fixes and if you want to move up into Management, you will need the Bachelors Degree, there is no way around it. You will get to a certain limit and then you will stall. Please stay with and obtain you Bachelors. Waiting will cause missed positions when you see that dream job that you have every other requirement and then the question comes "Do you have your Bachelors" when you click no you will be immediately removed as a candidate. The recuirment process will change and you will no longer have the ability to find a commonality with an HR person who can help get you in the door. It will 95% of the time be computer generated application. You can't get your foot in the door with a yes or no question on a job board.

A person that needs flexibility, is dedicated to acheiving the next level.

Derrek

Living in the past (cause they are recorded lol).

Living in the past (cause they are recorded lol).

Guy 1 - "So my son got into DeVry" Guy 2 - "Oh yea? What did he have to do? Walk through the door?"

Despite the lack of progress in my life up untill this point, taking time off of school was the best decision of my life. In the time it took me to complete high school, I realized why my parents stressed education so much. The real world is a hostile and competative place. If I had not taken time off, I would not have the motivation that I have now. And i would have ended up wasting my time and money on something that I never took seriously untill now. So if i could go back in time, I would tell myself to take the time off and mature a bit, before searching for a higher education... And to invest in AIG after they declaire bankruptsy, but before their bailout. :D

Tracy

The Best advice I could give myself would be not to wait. I have waited 22 years to return to school and try to obtain my degree. The future is too important to put off your education. Going back to school was so easy, I have been learning so much. I have even found out a few new things about myself. The work is challenging, but so worth wild. The staff, professors and even my fellow students have been so helpful and are lways there to help with any problems I have had so far.

The best thing about my school so far is the amount of support available. I have not had a question or problem so far that someone has notbeen able to help me with. The staff is very knowledgeable and and more than willing to help.

I am attending the online degree proram. I feel that the kind of person who should attend this school are busy people who are very serious about obtaining theie degree and are willing to work hrd to achieve their goal.

ashley

I would have to say my school is the door to endless possibilities.

I would have to say my school is the door to endless possibilities.

First and foremost I would have convinced myself to not give up, to stick my last year in highschool through regardless of the hardship I was going through. I would say continue to work hard and strive to your fullest potential to reach your maximum level in school because in the end its your life and you have to take control of it nobody can make it work better than you. I would tell my self to push harder even when you think you cant. J ust when you think you have studied enough study more, pay attention to your teachers and obtain as much knowledge as possible.

I would have to say the best thing about my school is the staff. I feel this way because they go out of their way to take the time to help you no matter what the problem is they are always there for you.

prisca

i wish i had the opportunity to have attended college when i was youger.

a person that wants to advance their professional career and still maintain single- parenthood and a full time job. classes are flexible and have a powerful line of academic staff to help us through our daily endevours! students are able to juggle parenting and all its blessings while attending Devry!

Dustin

I liked the option that I could take online classes but would still be able to go on campus if I need to

I would tell myself that college is important, don't worry about trying to decide what course you are going to take just get in and handle the basics, then you'll find where you fit in the world and what path you need to take

The somewhat uncertainty of anything. I am taking online classes and everything seems a bit rushed, but I'm getting used to it

Erin

I would have told myself to wait. Don't go to college until you are ready. Just because other people are going to college after high school doesn't mean you are ready. Because if you drop out of school you will not have the life you want. If you keeping going in and out of school you will have a debt with student loans and not the could job to pay for the loans. Save your money and work hard , then when you are ready you will know. School is very important and education is the most important. So, when you get older you will have a profession that you love and will be happy with your decision.

I haven't fond anything bad about this school.

A person that is not ready for school or doesn't take school seriously.

Neely

My classmates are from different areas all over the world. Some of my classmates are students just recently graduated from high school, but the majority of students are returning after a number of years out of college in order to obtain a higher degree. The majority of people bring a lot of personal knowledge about the topics we are learning. It is very rewarding to learn about different people who may live in another country or state, but are going through the same situations I am.

As a previous high school student I would stress the importance in furthering my education. I would start with researching all the colleges I was interested in attending to help decide if I want to attend a college campus or attend classes online. I will need to make sure I have a goal in mind and whether I am interested in earning a Associate, Bachelors, Master or Doctrine degree and make sure I take that information into consideration when deciding what college will help me achieve my goal. I would also discuss the importance of cost, grants and scholarships as to who will be paying for the furthering of my education or will it is necessary to hold down a part or full time job to make my financial obligations. The transition from high school student to college student is an important one as we must now pay for our education it is imperative that we research and develop a plan to ensure that I complete my degree in a timely manner and in a field I will enjoy and be just as equally financially rewarding.

The kind of person who would attend this school is someone who wants to further their education in an environment they have a lot of control over. The DeVry online classes allow a student to sign into class and complete the required work on a schedule they are able to control. The type of person must be self motivated and disciplined to ensure that all course requirements are completed on time as there are times by which the assignment must be turned in.

aaron

If I was given the chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that with a little bit of discipline and diligence, I could affort to pay for a college education. I would also tell myself that my doubts about not being able to afford college were only mere obstacles in the grand scheme of life. In addition, I would tell myself to ask the assistance of a professional to help me in my planning and that doing so would alleviate incredible amounts of future stress. I would remind myself that I trully have a gift for helping others and that not using it to its full potential would be a crucial mistake. In addition, I would reiterate that time is of the essence and that putting it off will only create more struggles, anxiety, and hardships in the future. It would also be important that I inform my old self that I am very good at planning projects and that planning to go to college would be very similar to the career path I will choose as a project manager. I would simply state "You were made to do this. "

The best thing about DeVry University is its career focused and current classroom curriculums. DeVry is second to none at keeping current on what type of knowledge is needed to be successful in the industry as well as forecasting which industries will soon be high demand. This school is excellent for anyone trying to specialize in a particular industry or looking to find a path into a new one. Classroom sizes vary and the campus offers a relaxing environment unlike overwhelming universities.

Perhaps the worst thing about our school is that we don't have collegiate sports teams. So many other industries have the privilege of having competitive sports as a big part of their school, however DeVry doesn't.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.