Chicago, IL
DeVry University-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Illinois

Tracey

Although i have no regrets in my life right now. Given the chance to go back intime and talk to myself as a high school senior would probably make a huge difference and where i am now. I have learned alot in these 28 years of life. Some easy and some hard, I would tell myself to prioritize, set goals and achieve them. I was ignorant my senior year and really did'nt take my education seriouslly. So i never finished school and now 10 years later i am going back. I would also talk to myself and let myself know what can happen if i don't get a degree. The way having a degree can protect you financially. I would tell myself to wait after i graduate from college to have a baby, i don't regret having my daughter but given the chance i would wait. And i would emphazie that to myself over and over . I would love to go back intime and talk to myself, current life expiriences make me think and wonder alot about decisions,talking to myself would help in changing that feeling.

The uniqueness about my school is that there are a variety of students, some are parents and some are not. Again, i am taking my courses online so i can not see anyone. But we have daily threaded disscussions with on another and we are all pretty much working parents who have decided to go back to school after many, many years. It also lets us work at our own pace, the school offers flexibility for us working parents. Thats the uniqueness about my school and why i choose to go there.

I just started school with the online Devry. So far i haven't had any problems with anything. If i had to choose the worst thing about my school would the cost, its is very expensive to go to school there. Books and materials alone are expensive. But to me that would probably be the worst thing about my school.

Carisssa

Has many careers career choses in business, engineering, healthcare, technology, media arts, and education.

Choosing a career and choosing a university is a very difficult decision that affects your life. It is important to seek advice from your parents, high school counselors and staff. Look at yourself to find out what interests you value. Explore all your interests for career options. For the most part choosing a career is not easy decision, but remember you want to find something that you will enjoy doing and at the same time provide a service to others.

It offers the flexibility to take online courses. The assistance provided by the staff is outstanding. Communicating with the professors is easy.

Seth

One thing that you have to have when in college is time management skills. If you can't manage your time, college will be very tough and mean a lot of late nights studying. Practicing these skills is very important even when in high school because you need to know what it is like to say, "I can't play right now because I have to study." This can be very hard at times, but you have to be able to say, "No" to the little things that are constantly urging you to forget studying and have fun. I speak from experience: it is more fun to quickly finish studying for the day and then go out to play, than it is to have to study all day because of playing a little game every 15 -20 minutes. You also will do better in school with this mind set, because you can concentrate on the material in the textbook and learn from it for an hour or more at a time with no interruptions better than you can for 15-20 minutes with play in between.

DeVry University provided a way for me to work full-time and go to school full-time by offering the online option. At the same time, I didn't lose the hands-on experience that I was looking for. The virtual labs that DeVry uses are very helpful and make you feel like you are actually working on the real equipment. I found out that employers really like it when you have attended a hands-on school, so that is what I looked for and what I found at DeVry University.

Only those who are really serious about their education should attend DeVry University. If you fall into this category, and have a hard time grasping concepts without being able to apply them and actually use them, DeVry would work very well for you. Even if you can grasp concepts easily, the foundation that a DeVry education provides you is extremly broad and up to date.

Jonah

The advice I would give myself is, what do I really, really want to do with myself after school? Do I want to stay home and torture my parents under their roof and vegitate? Or do I want to go into computers and become successful as a computer technologist. I think I want to pursue computers. I do not know anything about computers, and what courses do I need to take to understand computers? Is it to late to get the right classes for computers? Maybe I can talk to a counselor, and they can help me with my decision about what classes I can take to get me started. I think I should also take some summer classes in college, that should help me a little more. Should I also do a fall semester at a junior college? That way I can really know what the computer information system is about, IF that is what I truly want to do. I think that is the way to go. Let me talk to a counselor and get their input on my plans for college.

What I brag about most to my friends are the peer help at Devry. I enter Devry with blindfolds on. I did not know anything about computers. The classes were difficult (nothing like high school), and could not keep up. I seek help at the school, and my fellow peers help me out. They explain everything to me at my level of understanding. I am so proud of my fellow peers, I will recommend anyone to seek help when you really need it.

The most frustrating thing about Devry are the instructors do not take the time to talk to the student, one -on-one. The instructors do not take the time to explain the subject throughly so we the student can understand and I we the student have to seek help. That is the most frustrating problem I have at Devry.

Kelley

DeVry University is best known for its online degree programs. They offer a wide range of programs that can be completed from home on your own terms at your pace. They also have a fantastic team of professionals that assist you along the way. This was great for me because I was new to the college environment and had not been in school in a long time. They give me the resources and support needed to be successful in school.

Do not wait!!!! It is imperative that you have a formal degree from an accredited college to be considered for any growth opportunities in the future. It may seem right now like all you really need is a job; a job that pays the bills and allows for some entertainment. But it is so much more than that. Once you start your family and realize what you really need in life is a career you love and a job you love going to everyday, you will realize you should have gone to college. But, going to college many years after you leave high school is very difficult. As time progresses you will start to forget some of the things you learned in high school that you will need to know again to be successful in college. In addition to that, you will have to take time away from your family to complete the process. Fortunately there are online degree programs available, but you have to be committed to these programs in order to be successful and the online learning environment is not for everyone. Don't delay....go to college today!

The best thing about DeVry University is the option to attend school full time in an online environment. I am 42 years old and working full time. I realized too late in life that if I want to have any growth opportunities within the workplace, that I need to have a degree. DeVry University's online programs allow me to continue to work full time to help support my family and also attend school full time from home so I can earn my degree without sacrificing my family time.

Rudy

My decision would not change, DeVry is a good school and close by.

Sterling

Stop! Go back and double check everything cause the way to choose to go beyond this point here in life can affect you greatly later on down the road. Don't think to yourself eveything is just a game cause you are still young but open your eyes and look at those people out there working fastfood at 40 depressed and ashamed because the gave up thier first opputunity to succeed so they could party one more night. This is the time where it is up to you, to decide what life has for you past the safe walls of friends and teachers. This is where it all matters, cause 5 years down the road when everyone else is about done your gonna be left back there filling out the application to the nearest Burger King, trying to support your wife and kids just like me. So think is this all I want out of life or is there still time for change now.

The degree is not offered at very many schools . The fact that the companys they are partnered up with are some of the top game design companys around currently.

Paying the high cost of my internet provider since I am an 100% online student

They are best known for their flexability (online) and their graduate success rate.

I would tell myself that it is not as stressful as I made it out to be and that even though I am not sure what field to major in that it is ok. Basically, do not stress and have fun!

Anyone who is not willing to spend the time to do the work or spen the extra time to actually do the assingments.

Jelena

My school is best known for being very military friendly. As a military spouse that was one of the main things I was looking for in a school. It is also known to be one of the oldest online based institutions. It is very common that my school has many locations throughout the United States and is also fully accredited.

I would give myself the advice that one learns for life, not just for an exam. One should not think that after an exam one can forget the material, but should be aware that one will eventually need it in life again. I would also give myself the advice to start looking into different schools before graduating, comparing the tuition, accredition and campus locations. Also one should be aware of the admission process and possibly which pre-requisites are needed to attent the desired school.

The best thing about school is the ability to gain knowledge and better yourself. I think that education is very important in the process of finding one's purpose in life and also one's place in society as a productive member. School keeps one's mind occupied with positive and useful things and therefore using one's time effective and productive instead of creating problems. School is also a good socializing place, one can meet peopel with same interests. To me school was always important and always will be.

DeVry University-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.