DeVry University-Illinois

« See more reviews of DeVry University-Illinois

I would give myself the advice that one learns for life, not just for an exam. One should not think that after an exam one can forget the material, but should be aware that one will eventually need it in life again. I would also give myself the advice to start looking into different schools before graduating, comparing the tuition, accredition and campus locations. Also one should be aware of the admission process and possibly which pre-requisites are needed to attent the desired school.

The Best advice I could give myself would be not to wait. I have waited 22 years to return to school and try to obtain my degree. The future is too important to put off your education. Going back to school was so easy, I have been learning so much. I have even found out a few new things about myself. The work is challenging, but so worth wild. The staff, professors and even my fellow students have been so helpful and are lways there to help with any problems I have had so far.

I would tell myself to be more motivated and try to take as many classes financially I can handle. The college classes are way easier than AP and Honors classes. Therefore, get the highest gpa you can while your getting your associates degree. When you get to your bachelors it next to impossible to get an A so get the highest grades. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask questions. The professors are there to help you and if you don't ask a question you will miss out on a lot!

Choosing a career and choosing a university is a very difficult decision that affects your life. It is important to seek advice from your parents, high school counselors and staff. Look at yourself to find out what interests you value. Explore all your interests for career options. For the most part choosing a career is not easy decision, but remember you want to find something that you will enjoy doing and at the same time provide a service to others.

I would remind myself to set short term as well as long term goals. I would focus in on study time as well as the quality of my study sessions. I would advise anyone to choose a major or career path that they love and have a high level of passion for . I would advise a student to be a visionary and think outside the box. I think when choosing a career one should choose for passion first and this could alleviate future professional burnout.

I would tell my high school self to focus. I would l tell the high school me that all the things that are done or not done in high school create the path that you are going to walk in the future. It is not impossible to change that path, but it is certainly more difficult to correct your course later. The best thing to do is to try to start on the right path.

I would tell myself that college is important, don't worry about trying to decide what course you are going to take just get in and handle the basics, then you'll find where you fit in the world and what path you need to take

Start applying for scholarships now, and attend college now. Don't wait until you're almost 50, although there is no shame in that either. It's just you will have a little more freedom to go explore and travel the world.

I would advise my high school self to ignore the boys and focus more. Relationships are fleeting, high school ends quickly, but a true education and being prepared for college is an accomplishment that lasts a lifetime.

I would tell myself that it is not as stressful as I made it out to be and that even though I am not sure what field to major in that it is ok. Basically, do not stress and have fun!