DeVry University-Illinois

« See more reviews of DeVry University-Illinois

I wish I would have known how important a higher education was years ago. If I would have realized this right after high school, I would have not taken a break from school and continued my education then. I don't regret having children, I do however wish I would have finished school first before having a family and we would now be in a better financial situation. For the last three and a half years, I have worked really hard toward earning my Bachelor's degree, all while taking care of a house hold, children and working full time.

Well, I think the advisors did a pretty good job in informing me on what to expect at this school. Now, looking back, I wish that someone would have told me how tedious the classes are. For instance, you have to do extensive research on the discussion threads in order to recieve all possible points, where as to in a classroom setting, you can use your lectures and homework to really participate in class discussions. Not only that, I wish someone had really sat down with me and discussed scheduling my day for my classes.

I wish i would have known how hands on the courses are. They teach you exactly what you would be doing on a job, it's not just learning what to do but we actually use the knowledge we learn and put it to work in our projects each week. This helps us get a better understanding of what we are learning. It's not just alot of reading that goes no where. Im glad we get the chance to show what we have learned by completing the task efficiently.

Before coming to this school, I wish I would've know just how expensive it really is and that I would run out of financial aid and be unable to finish my last eight classes. It has been a very long and hard road and to be so close to the end and have this huge financial struggle has been very difficult.

I wish I would've known at an earlier time If I had received financial aid. I thought the tuition was high and I ended up not getting any financial help.

I wish I knew how easy it was to register and get into this school. It is very secluded so you can easily miss it while your driving down the street.

I wish that I would have looked into schools more to ensure that the college fits me and my goals.

That they eliminated in-house scholarships.