Kansas City, MO
DeVry University-Missouri

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Missouri

Donovan

Devry University is compact, it doesn't have a large campus and I'll be able to finish my degree in less than 3 years.

I would make sure my high school self knows how important it is to schedule classes in such a way that you have minimal excuses to miss them. My best advice would be to not pick a school for the "college life" or for their athletic teams; the education is what's important. Picking the right school and planning your schedule properly are, in my opinion, the two most important things a potential college student must consider.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is a private university, so I have to pay a higher tuition than I would at a state school.

Dana

When I enrolled, I was told that it was the best university in the area if you are interested in computers. Once I transferred I realized all they were interested in was the money, and lots of it. Sure, I have a decent GPA, but I feel that what I am learning is worth what I am paying. You have to ask the office staff mulitple times to make sure something gets done. Stay on your toes and stay after them. Just because they say everything is taken care of, doesn't mean it is, check and double check.

I got married and raised a family after high school. If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would say to go to college now. Don't wait, if he loves you, he will wait. If he can't wait, then he really doesn't love you to begin with and isn't worth your time. If you wait, it will get harder and harder to go back to school. I wouldn't trade the kids for anything in the world, I love them with everything I have. However, if I had known then, what I know now, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

When I tell my friends about my school, I tell them about how it has opened my eyes. I thought going to school was showing up for class, doing classwork, taking quizzes and getting grades. Little did I know that it included making sure that the school did their job too.

Tiffany

Pay attention to your finances and work as hard and you can.

Pay attention to your finances and work as hard and you can.

I wish I would have known more about the finacal resposiblity I was taking on and I wish I would have known more about me finances as well.

People that want to go to college without all the "college exspirances", people that are serious about getting their degree.

Adam

Acutually do scholorships ahead of time. Start looking for colleges in advanced rather then the last couple month of your senior year. Find somewhere you know will be happy but at the same time be able to concentrate on your school work without to many distractions.

I like the fact that the classes are smaller. Along with accelerated courses.

First of all, take a deep breath and approach everything one day at a time. The first day nervous feelings will get better, and there are many people on campus who will guide you through your journey. Don't be afraid to ask questions and get to know people on campus. Always remember hard work, dedication, and sacrifice is what separates those who are successful from those who are not. Keep in mind you have made the first step which is always the hardest towards the rest of your life make your education a top priority. You have to work hard to play hard and in the end the satisfaction is the feeling of accomplishment of completing your goal and receiving your diploma that noone can take away. Do Not let the doubt of defeat hold you down keep pushing, stay focused, and thrive. Commitment to yourself and to your future is all that matters, there will be bumps and forks in the road ahead but continue to be you do not allow yourself to be blinded and never give up.

I would have to say the best thing about DeVry University would be the staff at the campus. From day one when inquiring about going to school to admissions to Financial Aid then continuing with selecting classes, the staff was friendly and very knowledgable and followed through on every conversation. All of the teachers are not there just for a paycheck, they are determined that every student is successful and learns what is needed to succeed.

I would have to say the worst thing about DeVry University would be the size of the campus. For the amount of students that attend DeVry the class sizes are fair but has a cramped feeling. More space is used for students that play video games, table tennis, and social hour. I come to school to learn and complete my degree not to make friends and socialize. I feel more money should be spent in academics.

Tory

DeVry University is a freindly, career orientated school, that prepares you for a career in the field of your choice while providing a quality education with a good staff, and encouraging you to meet new people.

If I could go back in Time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would want to tell myself many things, but I think by far the most important thing I would tell myself would be to apply for more scholarships. I didn't realize how much it was going to cost, and even though it's covered by student loans, I don't like all of that debt hanging over me. I would also tell myself to get a job, and start saving because it would be harder than I thought. I haven't had any trouble with the people though, so I would tell myself not to worry so much about what others think of me, my future is more important than what they think about me.

The kind of people that should attend this school are the people who want to get into their careers quickly without loosing any quality of education. You need to be farily self motivated, but if you ever have any problems the faculty is pretty good about helping, and being understanding. The school is not social like other universities as it's more future focused, but it does encourage networking with peers.

Patricia

I would tell myself what classes I needed to take, and what career path I would enjoy in the future. I would have told myself to take my education more seriously, it does make a big difference in the future!

It can all be done online! I work full time so it is hard to find a good school in the area of where I live to complete an education that I want. It is more convienient and I love the type of environment it is. It feels like I am going to a real class. I want to be successful with my career choice, I 've come a long way with my work experience and education and I am so close to achieving my dream, to obtain a bachelors degree.

Its online classes and types of degrees, it is more of a technical school to get students ready for the work environment.

Trevor

I am obtaining a quality education while being able to provide for my family and work full time.

Everything that was needed to be know about the school and course work was fully disclosed.

Anyone who in intrested in obtaining a quality education.

Eric

DeVry succeeds in many places, but if you attend, be prepared to take your own initiative on everything. Though they will take you by the hand at first, it is up to you to lead the way after the first semester. It can be hard at times to keep everything balanced on your own, but after while it becomes nothing but part of the routine.

If you love technology and everything electronic, DeVry Kansas City is your place. Riding on the very edge of the techno-tidal wave, DeVry educates it's students on up to the moment happenings in the IT world. Classes are only once a wekk, but you have to be fast to keep up with the work. When you emerge from the race that is DeVry though, you are the leading expert in your field. Be prepared to be challenged, but it will be fun.

Eric, are you ready? You sit there now, scared of the thought of college, afraid to move into the world from your small town, but you must be ready. Pretty soon, you will be knee deep in the one thing that has always interested you. It will test your mind, body, and will like no other challenge before. You must be ready; it is the only way to succeed. Keep in mind that it will be fun, but also very difficult. No matter how broke you get, you will still make it and maybe be better for the experience. The classes will be rough; especially Advanced Composition, but you will become smarter and quicker. It will get easier the further along you are. By the time it's almost over, you will be wondering where the time went. When you do start to suceed, don't screw it up. Thank the people who deserve it, and be charitable with hugs and handshakes. Remember the people who got you to where you are , and keep them in your heart. Most of all though, be happy; these are some of the best days of your life. Enjoy them.

Joshua

I would tell him to get a job now and get prepared for the expenses of college. And to get ready to work very hard for little or no money.

DeVry University-Missouri administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.