Columbus, OH
DeVry University-Ohio

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Ohio

Silas

I will be attending as a freshman at DeVry this May through the complete online program. From what I know and have encountered already I feel that DeVry is a great school and they do what they can for their current students as well as their new ones.

Nikita

I love it. They're giving me the strength to really try and further my education. Speaking with them was fast, easy, and comforting. You feel completely in control of your future. Working with them makes me feel like I'm definitely making the right choice for me and my family.

THOMAS

I'm looking forward to the opportunity of continuing my education. Ive heard exceptional things about the school and professors! And the enrollment process was quick and easy. Online classes are important to me and i'm looking forward to starting January 7th!

Kristi

I attend classes online so that I may work. The professors usually get back to you pretty quickly. You are required to participate in discussions, which are pretty informative. The professors almost always engage in these as well. I have only taken one semester after an almost 10 year absense from school, but so far I have learned so much. To be honest I have learned more information useful for the workplace than I did 10 years ago.

Bethany

Devry University is a career focused shcool with leaders from all aspects of teaching professionaly.

Career focused for students who do not want to waste time in getting their degree.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life. The advice I would give myself is to really take a good look at what you are doing, where you are going, and how do you want to get there. I would survey many adults, and ask many questions until I had a complete understanding of what I was in for. My Junior year I started at the career center instead of staying at the high school. I feel as if I missed out on some of the high school activities and really misunderstood what it meant to go to college. During that time I really did not understand how important academics are through out the years. I felt as though I was accomplishing a great challenge at the time. I almost had that degree but never completed. Approximately 20 years later I am chasing that dream of having a college diploma and doing much better. My advice would be to definetly take a really long hard look at your choices, and research what it is you want to be when you grow up.

Patricia

Don't be in such a hurry to begin life. Develop the patience to take your time diving into adulthood. Research all the degree programs by learning what classes you'll need to take and the salary you can eventually earn. Choose something you love to do. I know you are tired of school life, studying, and taking tests. But, going to school as an older adult is much harder, more stressful, and very time consuming. Take all your schooling now while you're young and have the opportunity to live at home. Your mind is much more conducive to learning now than it will be when you get older. Also, as a young college student, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of internships at companies who will be willing to teach you important things you cannot learn from textbooks, classrooms, and lectures. (As an adult student with bills to pay and a home to care for, internships are not an option.) Be willing to move away from home, if that move will better you, your family, and your career. Most of all, treasure your family! The harsh reality is that one day they'll be gone.

I wish someone would have told me I could save on tuition costs by taking more than one class at a time. This would have enabled me to take some of the easier classes together and saved on my funding. I wish I would have taken more time to research the various degree programs available and learn more about what classes were required for each degree.

DeVry's online program is a great for older adults who have jobs, homes, families, and other responsibilities. By making your own school and study schedule, the program is adaptable to anyone's lifestyle. The program is easy to use and learn. The school offers many help aids, including tech support via phone or live chat and instructional videos. Tutoring programs are available via a variety of methods. For those of us with a campus nearby, we have access to campus programs like tutoring, library, and social events. In addition, DeVry's staff and professors are helpful and friendly.

kerri

Small classes, teachers are helpful and want to see everyone get the best grades possible. It very expensive and only eight week classes

I would have gone to college for at least one ba right away. I would not have taken a year off. I would not have got 3 aa degree's.

How much it would cost and all the classes I would have to take that I don't need.

Jesse

When I decided to attend school again, I did so with one goal in mind, to show my children (twins age4) that anything is possible with hard work and dedication. I was not what one would call a good student in high school. With my newfound drive and desire to prove to myself and my children that a person can change their destiny, I worked very hard and currently sit with a 3.6 GPA. The college expirence has been challenging on an emotional, physical and mental level. During my college career so far, I have gotten divorced, lived though a serious illness, overcome a substancial hearing loss (which I have had since birth) and learned how to raise my children on my own. To say that I have grown as a person would be a serious understatement. It has been very hard but I know that at the end all of the sacrifice, dedication, and time put into my education will be worth it. Without my education I would not have learned valuable life lessons. In that regard, all of the tuition, books, and other costs could not compare with the real world education I have recieved.

Vanessa

I have learned many life lessons throughout my college career. The most important lesson I have learned from college is motivation. I have taken the first step into my future by deciding to attend college. But just because I am attending college does not mean that all I have to do is sit back and let my career come to me. Working hard through my classed keeps me motivated to continue my education. Since I've been in college, I have not given up on my goal to earn my Bachelors degree in Business Administration. I want to make my family proud of the person who I will become when I receive my diploma, just as I promised my mom before she passed away. College is important to attend because not only is it going to benefit for your future career but it will also benefit for your personal well-being. College is not just about research papers, labs, and lectures, it’s about growing mentally and becoming the person you want to be in the future.

DeVry University-Ohio administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.