Irving, TX
DeVry University-Texas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Texas

Devry is not recommended at all. I do not recommend DeVry to anyone. They are very uninformative, unprofessional, the teachers are awful, the advisors are horrible, the classroom settings are the worst I have ever been in; I can go on and on. DeVry will advertise anything to get you to go to their school but once you get in, they are of no help getting you through to the end of your educational journey. If you want to transfer; keep everything on record (EMAIL!!!). Again, I do NOT recommend this school to anyone. It was a HUGE loss for me financially and a loss of time as well. Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend

Steven

It is a wonderful school that I can work through at my own pace! It has been super important to me to be able to work in the mornings and the weekends for my degree because I work full-time and have a family to take care of. This school has been wonderful for that!

Charles

My school is best known for its availability and diversity while utilizing cutting edge technology and learning techniques to advance learning.

I am 43. I have a ton of things that I would say to 18 year-old-me. One main thing would be "stick with it". Whatever you do...na matter what it takes, don't quit. Have heart, and do the best you can. Don't get caught up in feelings when you make a mistake. Listen better to your teachers, and be less stubborn in irrelevant opinions...pride is a killer.

A person like me...one who travels extensively, but requires higher education to continue to advance the standard of living for his family. I am attending full time while working full time.

Jose

I would tell myself to save up on the money you possibly can because as a collge student you need all the money you can get. Also take the advanced classes that count as college credit because that way you dont have to pay for it later in college which would save you a lot of money. Mentally prepare your self to become as efficient as you can with time and money because as a college student those are two things that you never seem to have enough of.Last but not least remember that while in college you are there to get a degree not party, it may seem hard at first but sacrifices have to be made and it will all be worth it in the end .

The classes are small so you get a lot more individual attention which to me has helped me learn more.Also DeVry University allows you to complete a Four year bachelors degree in three years. Who does not want to get done with school faster i know i do which was a big reason why i enrolled at DeVry over a traditonal state university.

The most frustrating thing about my school i would have to say is the class rooms all look the same. Plain rooms to me do not put me into the mood to want to learn because it just makes thing more boring. I believe a class room should have pictures, quotes and other things to help motivate and keep kids interested on wanting to come back.

Mystique

Iam still in my second semester in college. I am hoping to transfer to a four year college by my fourth semester. However so far during my time here I actually learned alot . I have learned that students have alot more responsibility, not only regarding their grades, students are responsible for everything that happens to them in college. It isnt always wise to trust people with certain tasks, even if its their job to handle them. I think thats the largest lesson iv'e learned so far

I like it how the instructors really know what they are teaching and talking about. The curriculum is challenging and in the short amount of time you learn a lot. The flexibility of the classes is what has inspired me to attend DeVry.

So far, I know that I am making a difference in my life. I am setting a good example for my children. I am showing them that going to school is good. I came back to school because I thought I wanted to make a difference in my life, and it has. Not only is it going to make a difference on my future and the future of my family, but it has also given me more confidence in my day to day life. It makes me feel like I am more than just a mother and wife. It shows me and others that I am more than that. I feel that I can do anything. I am learning good skills that not only will I use in the field of work I am choosing to go into, but skills I will use in my day to day life. Skills that I will pass on to my children!

I really don't have anything frustrating about this school. I am very happy to attend here.

Charles

what i have gotten out of the college experience was to try my best at what ever i do. Also it shows me i able to do what ever i put my mind to. The reason why college is valuble to attend is because it keeps me from doing wrong in the streets. In a way college saved my life. College put me around a diverse set of people that all are postive. In a way it makes me stride to do better then everyone else. In my opinion college is a blessing that all people should be able to attend, no matter what the price is.

Maigan

DeVry is best known for its success rate in placing graduates in their applicable field of study at least six months after graduation.

I have learned how much I truly value an education and what it will do for my career. I am inspired by the professors and their own accomplishments. Also, I am inspired by the students who have made the choice to start new or return after years of departure as I have.

I believe the best thing about DeVry is the access to educatiion it provides to students who otherwise would be under tremendous strain to get an education. This is done so in an environment that is friendly, and inspirational.

Kendrick

TAKE IT SERIOUS AND STAY FOCUS ON WHAT LIES AHEAD. You will need all the knowledge that lies dormant within you, so don't hold anything back. Excel to the top from the start and don't give any one a head start. And most importantly this the challege that you have been waiting for your entire life.

I wish I would have know that everything is very different from high school and that no one care about you in pacific.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that they started me in the lowest levels of the math and science division when I started.

Jamel

My classmates know when to have fun, and when to get into their books.

My classmates know when to have fun, and when to get into their books.

The advice I would give to myself if I was able to go back in time to talk to myself as a senior is to get more involed in my books. I would let myself know that the only way to truly get prepared for college is taking every advantage I can in high school to learn the material I'm being taught. I didn't take it as seriously as I do now. High school was more about friends to me because I was still young. Now I'm on my own and I'm trying to find my way in life. Life can be whatever you make it to be. I'm trying to make it good, and that's why I'm applying for this scholarhsip. I would let myself know to always find ways to help pay for college. Right now I'm low on money and I din't know if I would even be able to continue college if I don't find ways to help pay for it. Those are some of the many things I would tell myslef as a senior.

A person with an open mind should attend this school. someone who is looking for more of an hands-on type of college rather than your traditional one. This college is for a person who wants to complete college very quickly so they can continue with the next stage of their life. It's for someone who is looking for an oppurtunity to find sucess in the world we are living in today and not be helpdback. In my case I needed something I could be good at instead of been another person struggling out on the streets.

DeVry University-Texas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.