Federal Way, WA
DeVry University-Washington

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend DeVry University-Washington

stephen

Devry Univesity is staffed with exceptionally motivated and helpful people that have made my journey in to retraining for a new career into a fun, energetic adventure!

Most of my classmates are recent high school graduates, with a few other , older students like myself.

I have received the greatest gift any man could hope for- I have received the gift of self-confidence in my ability to learn. The old saying is that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks- well the positive staff at DeVry have proven that adage wrong! In the first year of my schooling, so far I have learned more than I have ever known before. The classes have been very helpful and the professors each very positive and motivated to help me at any stage. It has taken immense self-discipline to go back to school, and I thought going into it that I would not be able to keep up- with the realization that I did not grow up with the basic computer skills I expected my classmates to have. Nonetheless, my professors each have taken extra time and effort to help me understand the glossary of my degree path and have afforded me exceptional self-confidence in my pursuit of auniversity degree. I am forever grateful for the staff at DeVry for all they have done for my life... and this is only the first year!

Coming from a small private school, I expected college to be intimidating and full of peer pressure. However, once I got settled into college, I realized that it wasn't at all what I expected it to be. There's such an open environment; you can be whatever you want to be, you can do whatever you want to do, you have make whatever friends you want to make. It made me realize that you don't have to be the most popular, you don't have to have everybody like you, and you don't have to conform to the status of society -- you can just be yourself. College has helped me mature and gain confidence. It helped me realize that I want to focus on education and be a success. I've made good friends, good grades, and had a good time.

Every class I take I can imediately impliment that knowledge into real life work and personal situations. I feel like I am learning something that will benifit me for more than the present , just to pass the class. I retain more than I ever thought I would and it is all due to the instructors and the scope of the work we do in that class.

I am taking classes that are small and have more one on one interaction, I can go online or in the evenings, my instructors are amazing and very knowledgable and the enviroment is comfortable and higher tech than its compeditors.

The only "bad" thing about DeVry is the expense. Tuition is very expensive however, the education I am getting with the instructors who are teaching, is unmatched.

Courtney

My classmates are diverse and offer me a multitide of perspectives from all around the country and the world.

Alot of people are going to tell you tons of great things about the colleges they went to, are curently going to, or are in employment. You may feel completely overwhelmed by this, but don't worry. When making a decision, think about what YOUR wants and needs are in a school. Don't try and make everyone else happy, even though they care for you and can give you really great advice you ultimately make the final decision. Work hard and do the best you can in all your studies, even if you're not particularly fond of one of them. Learning to do hard things will mke you a better college student and a better person in the long run. Don't let yourself go! Excescise can sometimes be the furthest thing from your mind when you're studying like mad, and that donut looks SO much more appatizing than the carrot sticks in the fridge but remember: keeping your body healthy will help your brain too! And who doesn't feel better after a nice run in the fresh air on a spring day!

People that are not self motivated shouldn't attend this school. People whose main focus in college is social clubs and partying shouldn't attend this school. People who are only in for the short term shouldn't attend this school. Hardworking, Serious-minded, Carrer focused people SHOULD attend this college!

Devon

Plain and simple I would say learn to meet deadlines now. You are spoiled as a High school student, college professors are not going to expcept late work. I would say get my work done early in the week so I can have leisure time when all my work is completed. I would tell myself to also apply for ever scholarship, grant, anything that would help pay for my education.

The thing that bugs me most is tuition cost. The reason being is I don't get enough goveremnt finacial aid. But in order to keep full time status I have to take out a 8000 loan that I ahave to pay while in school., and it looks like the 2010-2011 school year will be the same way. I dont think I will be able to afford that. I know that my professors need to be paid but what happens when they die and students such as my self had to drop out do to high tuition costs?

Well I really don't like to brag but I guess will call it tooting my own horn so to speak. What I talk about most is how friendly, and how easily it is to get along with all the staff members. I also talk about how the school keeps up to date technology including software and computers. I also like how the school gives students the tools to go out and get real world experience from top notch companies like Microsoft in their degree, rather than just focusing on classroom work.

Joe

If I could go back and visit myself as a senior, I would tell myself to try harder. When I was in high school I wasn't attending for myself; in fact most of the time I didn't even want to be there. Now that it is my choice and I will be paying to attend the university I seem to want to be there more. If I could go back I would tell myself to get started sooner and not put it off for as long as I did. I would tell myself to do my best in class and prepare to not take a few years off after high school but to go right back to school online, so that I could still work full time, which was my biggest concern back then. I would have graduated already and been in the career field I am most passionate about.

The worst thing about Devry is the cost. It seems to be quite expensive to attend and can be overwhelming to be a self starter, however their are scholarships and grants to help.

I am attending Devry's online course for Gaming ans Simulation Programming. Their online school is great. If you are not a self starter or work better in a classroom environment I would recommend attending their actual university.

Brian

Study and learn what classes you need to take, to help you when going to college. Don't form an opinion on subjects that you don't think relate to a field you are choosing. If you work hard and get good grades, that will carry over to your career and help in the process of getting a good job. Help others and be a good person.

I haven't attended long enough to develope an opinion on what is the worst.

Someone interested in computer and business management. The school has wonderful computer labs. The staff and proffessors are wonderful and very helpful.

Joshua

My classmates are driven and highly motived with a sense of pride in their eyes.

I'd go take myself for a walk up at the park and tell myself, "When a good oppotunity comes for something big, look for a great one. Sometimes an exciting route isn't necessarily the best, and a social party school isn't what college is all about. Summon up all the humility you have, and find a school where you know you will learn more than the partiers. You know that college isn't about the parties, it's about your degree. I know you're all about learning, because I am too, and I am you as much as you are me, just younger. Learning is what it's all about. Don't learn something that's hard that most people can't do. Learn something that's more down to earth that you can expand on. It'll land you a job, and fast." After I said that, I'd smile, knowing that I would have listened.

The fact that I have small class sizes and I'll graduate sooner than them.

Kevin

My classmates are mostly older and many of them have a military background, for the most part they are really cool and very focused on what they need to do to succeed in the school

I would tell myself: keep your goals in mind at all times even if they change later. Give whatever you can to attain what you want in life even if others say you can?t. It is possible to achieve great things with just a dream and motivation. Keep those people that give you motivation close because they don?t come along everyday and they can show you that a dream is the most powerful thing you can have right next to the energy you put into that dream. Those people that say that college is about the parties those are people that probably won?t even remember college after it?s over or won?t be ready when it is over. College shouldn?t be about anything but the education that you will use in real word it can still be fun but education is first fun is second.

I like how the school is accelerated so that I can receive my degree faster and get into the career that I want with the assistance of the college.

Sylvia

Find your path and stick to it; you'll waste time and money studying a profession you're not passionate about or can't see yourself doing for the rest of your career life. Relax, it's not just about the grades; it's about the knowledge you acquire, so soak it in. Learn to listen and take notes; it's a skill that will benefit your college life as well as your personal life. Don't be afraid to speak up and get involved; your input matters and will make a difference. Budget your money; in this case it's better to have too much than not enough. Apply for scholarships; you'll thank me when college graduation date comes and so does your bill. Take my advice and enjoy your journey of success.

The type of person who should not attend this school is someone who expects college to be a 4 year party. They should not expect to do the minimum course load and still get decent grades.

I brag about how I will be done with my schooling in a shorter time period than traditional colleges. I would also brag that my college professors are experienced in the courses they teach and bring that experience to the classroom to prepare us for our future careers.

DeVry University-Washington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.