Pleasant Hill, CA
Diablo Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Diablo Valley College

Kelly

The school has a great atmosphere, but there is still some work to be done on the teachers. I've had many teachers who don't act like they care about the students at all, and it seems like they will do anything to see you fail. The people here are okay, but it seems like a lot of students don't take classes seriously, and are pretty disruptive.

christian

So far, so good. A little rough in the beginning with concerns of admissions and such being rather difficult for some, with what seemed like very little assistance from those employed there. But, I understand, these men and women have to deal with thousands of applicants every semester.

Monique

This has definitely been a great stepping stone for me. The perfect transition from high school to college for me and I have grown in knowledge and maturity. I like it a lot.

The stereotype is that this is as continuation of high school and only the bad students or the students that had no direction go to this school. It's true that many people come to dvc to discover what they want to study but that id so they can do so without paying more than they can afford.

There is a broad range of classes available and there are some truly magnificent professors here.

Muhammad

My classmates are the perfect combination competitive and friendly which is beneficial in a college environment.

I would strongly advice myself to be more confident and outgoing. I would tell myself to translate those two qualities in the form of community service, volunteer work and leadership roles which not only look good on the college applications but are just beneficial in general. I would tell myself to get in the habit of reading at least five books a month solely because one gets smarter after each page. I would try to convince my younger self by stating the I have not performed at my optimal level yet because of my inability to do lots of reading. If I plant this seed and establish a good habit during the high school years, it would have a lot of contribution to my successful future including my performance in college. I would also advice myself to get work experience early on, in the form of internships and even talking to people working in the field I am majoring in. With internships, I will get a good glimpse of the working environment and from the people in field I can be enriched with their useful infield experiences which would be beneficial to me when I start working.

The kind of person who is assuming that it is easy to get good grades in this colleg just because it is a junior college. Those people probably don't understand the reason why this college is well reputed accross california. It is well reputed because of its acedemics that is ade to challenge students.

gina

my school is full of hard working, spirited students, which reflects how the over all campus is like.

The advice I would give myself is go to college right away, do no stop until you meet your full potential.

anyone and everyone looking to get a college education.

Aaron

The high transfer rate into the California University system.

The high transfer rate into the California University system.

Music is a nice passion and hobby. Don't translate praise from your friends and family as: "I can go pro with this guitar!". A junior college is not a place where you learn how to work hard. Working hard is something instilled in you when you surround yourself by other hard workers. After gaining that attribute, you are ready to conquer anything! Being smart only takes you so far. Being stubborn takes you to the library, to office hours, to www.google.com, to the limit.

Any motivated individual who is searching for a cost effective way to gain entry into some of the worlds top Universities.

Adriana

The most popular organizations at DVC are the DVC government, the Consultant Club and The International Students Club.

Students at DVC are humanitarianly motivated candidates seeking entry-level positions for the future, transferring colleges, or simply fulfilling academic goals.

jacquelyn

The most basic thing I would tell myself is to get organized and stay focused. I was not prepared for college and I was extremely confused when I started. I dropped out multiple times, had no faith in myself, and wasn't comfortable enrolling back in classes. If I had known to just meet with my consoler and plan out my college courses, I believe I would have done much better than I have. Had I planned my courses and been organized I would have most likely finished more classes. I would have been focused on my goals and how long it would take me to achieve them. When I enrolled again, a couple years ago, I met with a consoler and planned my courses. I got extremely organized before I started school which enabled me to achieve high marks in all my classes. The better I do in school the more motivated I become to take more courses and complete my degrees. The last thing I would tell myself is to believe in myself. The only person who ever stood in my way was myself. Now that I truly believe I can achieve my goals, school is easy.

That I should take the correct classes to help me graduate.

Currently there is a lot of construction, I think a lot of the problems will be solved when that is over.

karla

My classmates are very introverted, there is a diversity of nationatilies which makes it fun.

It is conveniently located, their personel is very helpful and professional.

College is very important, never take for granted your education. Dont think that Freshman year is too soon to start getting ready for college. get involved in different programs that will add to your college application. Always aim high and do not think that you are not smart enough to apply to a certain college or University, you can do it. but remember you have to work for it and keep good grade, a good conduct and always think ahead.

Diablo Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.