Pleasant Hill, CA
Diablo Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Diablo Valley College

The advice that I would give to myself would be... first to attend a community collge for the general education requirements and then transfer to a 4 year degree to finish the bachelor program. i wouldn't have chosen to go to a private/vocational college if i knew more options in the beginning for my career options. Now that I'm back in school for my second degree, my first bachelors degree, i now know more options for my career from doing research on everything available. I didn't actually know how much free financial aid money was out there to help me fund my education. That's why I have student loans out for my first degree. Now that i'm back in school, I'm taking full advantage of all the free financial aid that is now available.

I think the worst thing about my school is the lack of student activities and class selection options. Plus, the cut of some academic programs that were very popular due to the budget cut.

I don't think that there isn't any person that shouldn't attend this school. It's an awesome school and the staff are very helpful.

Terri

My school is known for having a great general Education program, culinary program and a dental assistance courses. Diablo Valley College if known for undergraduate studies.

I would tell myself that I should take advantage of the opportunities available while they are available. That I should get all that I can from all that is offered. (Get well the getting?s good). The world out there is unstable and you cannot predict where you will be in thirty years. But in today?s society no job or career is secure even the ones that are now in thirty years things change. And a good education can be a springboard to other opportunities. I would tell myself there is no money in retail even in management and the price you pay is even worse due to the stress company?s put on you just for the almighty dollar. I would tell myself to have fun and enjoy the learning process. Just be a sponge and absorb all you can. Life will be a lot easier if you continue on to college right after high school instead of taking a break. Because when you take that break life starts happening and before you know it thirty years have past. Some things in life are just easier to do when you are younger and college is one of them.

Anyone who wants to further their education or even someone who want to change their current career path can attend Diablo Valley College. Diablo Valley College offers a variety of day, evening or online courses to fit anyone?s busy schedule. This school works well for me being a returning mother to school.

Marisa

My classmates have been older students that have a similar major in mind, are knowledgeable and people that you can relate to...

My school is not too big of a campus, has all the right resourses and a great athletic program and transfers many students constantly to where they want to attend next.

I would work much harder my senior year in high school; focusing on my studies and preparing myself for college. Doing my FASFA and applying for more scholarships. Look through different colleges so I would not be stuck at just one. I would also redo my SAT and do my ACT. I would let myself know also that these are the best few years of my life and to learn how to prioritize fun with work. College is a continuation of high school with the exception that you may choose the classes youd like to attend and decide when you would like to take them.

Evan

Because I go to a community college, the student body is somewhat mixed. There are the kids who want to learn, the kids who are only going because their parents make them and the older crowd who already has families of their own. Many of the classmates I have are mixed, but most are that of who want to learn. Like me, they want to save money and transfer down the road. My classmates are comprised of talented kids with bright futures who wont settle for anything but the best. I, too, am proud to be in that group.

If I had the chance to visit myself as a high school Senior, I would definitely give myself a piece of my mind. As a senior in high school, I wasn't necessarily a poor student, but I was rarely in class. In the April Fool's edition of the school newspaper, the front page read "LOST STUDENT FINALLY FOUND", with my picture directly below. I was the Senior Class President that year and had way too many connections. Because of my connections and "Ferris Buehler-esque" look at high school, I was never in class, didn't try, and made it by with a 3.0. I was under the impression that senior year was supposed to be "easy". After all that?s said and done, my study habits lacked in my first semester of college. I had to teach myself effort, teach myself hard work in areas of disinterest, and teach myself how to study. High school was nothing compared College, and although I was told that, I never experienced it until now. It's way too easy to get caught up in being a senior and on top of the world, but reality eventually hits pretty hard.

The thing I love most about my school narrows down to three things: the quality education I receive, the diverse student body, and the cost. If I had to pick one, it would be the cost. While most kids went off to straight to four year universities straight out of highschool, I went to community college. I get to receive the same education they receive and about 4% of the cost of most friends. While they are stacking up debt, I was learning from great teachers down the street from my house. Either way you put it, I'm blessed.

Ali

The transition to college life was a little bit more challenging than I expected. If I had the chance to go back in time and speak to my high school senior self, I would tell him not to lose focus, because all it takes is little bit of slacking off, and it can all just fall out from under you. And that if you just stay on track and keep visualing what you goal is, you can easily make the journey there, and there is nothing standing in the way of what you want except yourself. So dont lose track of whats important. And try to have fun doing as well. The key is to find joy in what you do.

Everyone should attend this school. Whether you know what you want to study or you dont, just getting started somewhere is the key. The rest will just fall into place and you will find insirational factors all around you. Everyone deserves the chance to have a successful future.

Nobody. Everyone should at least give it a try to see if they can find a career that they can see themselves pursuing for the future. The key is being able to visualive it.

maria

Diablo Valley College has a very friendly environment also in a nice area.

Diablo Valley College has a very friendly environment also in a nice area.

Senior year is a very important year! It is now time to think and stay focused on which college you wish to attend. Yes senior year is time for celebrating because you finally did it! But keep in mind once you exit the stage on graduation day you are entering a world full of many careers, obstacles, and opportunities. Its very easy to lose focus so thats why you must push yourself. If you ever feel like you cant do it or your mind is drifting away take a breather but dont stop going to college. If you dont already know what you want to major in simply go for your general education. Within time you'll figure it out. Sometimes you feel like taking a year off but thats not always the best decision. With some, when you take a year off you get use to the freedom of no school and may never even go back. Then five maybe ten years later your in the same place you were in high school. I know, sounds cliche but its true. Listen to those words of wisdom that was once said "if at first you dont succeed,try try again".

i wish i had known more about where the buildings are. The campus is big and it is very easy to get lost especially if its your first time attending the College.

Nikita

The words of wisdom I would share with my naive high school self would be to just keep going. You are already ahead of the game by graduating early, and that doesn't mean take a breather. That means hold your breath until the end of the tunnel. Steadily move foward with victory in sight. Even if your face turns a most impressive shade of deep violet red and you feel the tingle of little blood vessels starting to pop on your face, keep going no matter what it takes. Don't stop until you reach the end, see the light, and acheive your biggest goal! You can become the one to make your greatest dreams and wishes come true! Magic and fairtales are only in story books. Lastley, take pride and put your all in everything you do. I know you can do it!

The teachers are all very kind and caring. I think the teachers seem to be more involved in making you learn the materials and make an effort to devote their time to those who need it.

When I'm telling someone about the Diablo Valley College its usually positive things. With the exception of the long waits in the all the lines your have to stand in during the enrollment process. Those I could definitely do without!

My school Diablo Valley College is best known for success. DVC ranks among the top 5 transfer colleges in California. Knowing this information allows me to feel i can really do this. I can do well in college because of the great teachers and courses offered at this school.

If i could go back in time to when i was a senior in high school i would have alot of advice for myself. I would make sure i studied much harder because i know i am capable of earning staright A's. Now looking back i feel high school was so easy and i would make sure i took it very seriously. College is a little scary at first but once you get the hang of things its actually not that bad. I would tell myself to focus more and that college is the most important time for me because my success will determine my future.

I consider the class cuts the worst thing about my school. It is very frustrating knowing you cant take classes you need because they are full by the time you are scheduled to sign up. Education is one of the most important aspect in my life and i feel i am not able to receive the education i deserve.

cathryn_michael2008@yahoo.com

A big community of diverse students who wish to succeed !

A big community of diverse students who wish to succeed !

I would not have started working right after high school. I would of stayed in school and finished my education. I had to take time off to work and to pay bills, and I only hurt myself in the long run. I should of stayed a student and got a degree, because education is very important. Also, if you need help, take advantage of tutoring, counseling and talk to your instructors!

The parking lot. When it rains, the parking lot tends to look like a huge lake. I believe they are working on this.

Michelle

Diablo Valley College is best known for its diversity. Not only is there a huge variety of classes that help students complete certain graduating and transfering requirements balanced with an incredible selection of sports, their racial mixture of people who attend DVC makes this place interesting. Because of the diversity at the school, DVC is a very well-rounded environment that makes learning, meeting friends, talking to teachers, trying new things a pleasant experience for everyone.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college, I would change some, but not all, things. First, I would tell myself that being in high school is the perfect time to try new things--to experiment with different fields in order to find what I am truly interested in and passionate about. Discovering my passion would lead to a definite major which would have made my class schedule and college planning a whole lot less stressful. Plus, college work takes up a lot of time; it becomes more of a time to focus on becoming an adult with endless responsiblities. Another piece of advice for transitioning into college would be to stay extremely organizes and self-motivated. College provides all students with the freedom to attend or not attend class, to study or not. It makes punishment for not working hard, much less apparent. However, in order to achieve in college and in life, I found it crucial to find a sense of self-motivation within myself and to be completely determined and organized. Only I can do the work to succeed in my life.

The most frustrating thing about DVC is its lack of classes. Many of the classes I need are either too full or do not fit into my schedule. It would be nice to have more classes available at more times. However, it is not always possible.

Diablo Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.