Diablo Valley College

« See more reviews of Diablo Valley College

Music is a nice passion and hobby. Don't translate praise from your friends and family as: "I can go pro with this guitar!". A junior college is not a place where you learn how to work hard. Working hard is something instilled in you when you surround yourself by other hard workers. After gaining that attribute, you are ready to conquer anything! Being smart only takes you so far. Being stubborn takes you to the library, to office hours, to www.google.com, to the limit.

Do your work!! Spend a little extra time on school work instead of television and social activities. Your friends will be there when you are done, if they are real friends; but school can slip away from you in a second and then you are stuck with one option. To keep your options open to places that you can feel TRULY free, buckle down now that way life is easier in college. I didn't do that, and now I'm struggling. No, I'm not just saying this.

College is very important, never take for granted your education. Dont think that Freshman year is too soon to start getting ready for college. get involved in different programs that will add to your college application. Always aim high and do not think that you are not smart enough to apply to a certain college or University, you can do it. but remember you have to work for it and keep good grade, a good conduct and always think ahead.

I would advise my self to start working more and saving more of my money, also advise my self to trya nd avoid applying for or using a credit card as much as possible even if i use it for school stuff. I think i would also talk to myself about taking more academic risks and chances getting out and exploring life and school more. Learn to live more, school is a great opportunity to explore life in every aspect.

I would not have started working right after high school. I would of stayed in school and finished my education. I had to take time off to work and to pay bills, and I only hurt myself in the long run. I should of stayed a student and got a degree, because education is very important. Also, if you need help, take advantage of tutoring, counseling and talk to your instructors!

I don't think I would change anything. After high school I joined the military and I don't think that at the time I would not have do good in college or I would have dropped out. After the military my outlook on education changed.

So far, I have gotten quality education and a lot of attention from my college experience. The staff and faculty are always ready to help me out with whatever I need. It's really wonderful to feel so supported by your college.

The advice I would give myself is go to college right away, do no stop until you meet your full potential.

do better in high school, then go straight to college and get it over with. after that, then we'll party.