Dickinson, ND
Dickinson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dickinson State University

Travis

I would tell myself that I should apply for many scholarships, because college is very expensive. I would also tell myself that I should study more than you do now. College is very difficult and the tests do not come close to what they are in highschool. I would tell myself that meet as many new people as you can because it will pay off in the end. Highschool does not seem important now, but it will help you out when college comes. I would tell myself to prepare for tests more and study harder for every test and do not stress out so much, but relax a little more. College will benefit you and you will meet new and interesting people. College life is an easier transition then it seems and do not stress about how tough it will be relax and college will be a better experience.

The one thing i wish i knew before I came to college was how much studying was involved in college. When I started college I did not think I would have to study, as much as I do now. College is very difficult and some students think that college is easy, but it requires a large amount of studying. If I knew I would have had to study as much as I do now I would have prepared better when i as in highschool. College would have been a better transaction in I would have prepared better.

The most frustrating thing about school is studing for tests. Tests are a crucial part of your grades when you are in college. If I fail a test it can impact my grade greatly and lower my GPA. This makes studying for tests very frustrating because i know i have to get good grades and failing a test is not a option. Studying for tests requires many hours of studying, which tends to lead to frustration. Though, tests are difficult studying and getting good grades will pay off when i graduate.

Jacquelynn

My university is affordable and offer distance learning.

My university is affordable and offer distance learning.

I would have to tell myself not to stress over college to much. College is a big deal but, stressing over it will only make the transition worse. Study hard, it will pay off in the end. Pay attention in class and keep my chin up. Don't listen to what others have to tell you it will only scare you off. Try your best and always believe in yourself.

I'm attending school completely online. It's perfect for me, because I am expecting my first child. So, my schedule will work well for me.

Do not take everything you own. Dorm rooms are not that big so keep your packing to a minimum. Also don't worry so much, you will make awsome friends so quit stressing yourself out about college.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who wants a small, family like enviroment, where you know the students and the proffessor all know you by name.

Travis

I have gotten out of college that nothing comes easy. I have to work extra hard, so i can get into graduate school. Graduate schools only accept the top students of the class, so i have to work hard to accomplish my goal. There are many people that are competing with me in getting into graduate school and having honors and Dickinson State University. It is valuable for me to attend college, so i can get a good job and do not have to worry about money issues when i am older. Many people go through life that did not go through college and have a tough time having money to pay fo the next meal. I do not want that, so i hope with a bachelors degree it improves my chances in life to have a good job. My parents had to work hard to support me and help me get into college and i hope with this degree i can help them out when they are older. Life is hard and i hope with a college degree life will not be as hard for me as it was for my parents.

I wish i would have know the study habbits that i would need in order to succeed. I learned very quick that intead of taking only an hour to do, it takes a couple of hours to do homework. Studying is a big part of college and i when i found out how to do this after a couple of months school started to go a little easier. College now is not as stressful now that i know how to manage my time. College is a great experience and if i work hard i can achieve anything.

The most frustrating thing about Dickinson State University is classes that are offered. Dickinson State University is not the largest university, so they only offer certain classes during the year and if i miss them then i have to go another year of college. This is very frustrating because if i cannot take a class this semester i have to go another year of college, which means i have to take out another loan. I have to work extra hard to keep my grades up, so i do not have to retake a class.

Hanna

I have not only began the journey to my future but I have learned alot about myself while at Dickinson State University. By being a small school you find friends, you in my case, bring out the best in me and encourage all my thoughts. They are there for me whenever I need them from late night study dates with the library (all most nightly) to social events on the weekends. They have helped me become a better person and I enjoy would I am because of the encouragement from the people here. It is also nice to be walking down the sidewalk and you know 90% of the people by name, both staff and students. It makes learning easier if you know everyone on a personal name basis.

The worst part of being at Dickinson State is the amount of partying that goes on. It is not directly linked to school events, but the school does not do anything about the students who show up drunk to school events. It makes social events not as enjoyable when the peers around you are being rude and loud.

The most frustrating part about DSU is the amount of parking available with or without a parking pass it doesn't matter you still end up parking way out in the middle of no where. The school needs to come up with a better system of parking lots.

Dickinson State University is a small college in Western North Dakota, with very friendly and helpful faculty and students.

College has been a great experience for me! Not only have a met a lot of new friends but I have also learned alot about my future career. The professors are very helpful when you come to them with questions. They also want what is best for you. College is a huge change from high school because you are learning about what you are interested and makes people want to learn more. I would recommend everyone to attend a college. Going to college will prepare you for your future job.

The best thing about Dickinson State University is the size of the campus. Having a smaller campus allows a person to become more accquainted with other people who also attend. Having smaller classes allows a student to ask the professer for more help.

Kristen

DSU is best known for their international program. They have a tremendous amount of international students each semester than most colleges in North Dakota.

Only being a freshman i have learned alot more about myself and my abilities in college. In high school i was not the best student and did not push myself to be better. After recieving my grades for my first semester i realized i do have potential to get good grades and have a GPA that i am proud of. I have learned how to manage my time better and not get so distracted. I get my homework done earlier than an hour before class and i have found friends in my classes to do homework with. Studying together really helps me stay on track and understand the information in a different way than what i comprehended in class. I believe college is valuable to attend because you have more opportunities with you life. I understand it is exspesive but it is possible with scholarships, grants, and finacial aid. I also have to work while im attending college, but so far it has not affected my grades and i am still finding time to have a social life also.

The best thing about Dickinson State Univeristy is the class size. It is nice to not just be a number to teachers. They get to know who you are and you get to know them. One on one time is available if you do have questions or struggle with the class. The proffesors are all willing to go above and beyond to help you understand and get a good grade in their class.

Therese

Most of my classmates know how to work hard but like to enjoy time with friends and family.

Dickinson State University has taught me how to be independent of my family in life and school. I have faced many obstacles during the past year both academically and personally and learning to deal with them by myself has allowed me to grow into an adult. Attending DSU has been valuable to me because the classes I have taken have been challenging but beneficial. Dickinson State is focused on its student's needs and helps them to develop into a productive part of society.

The type of person that should attend Dickinson State University is the kind of person who can work hard in school and at their job when it is needed of them but also knows how to relax and enjoy life.

Eyizel

My freshman year of college has taught me a lot because that was the year I made the most mistakes. I lost focus on the importance of being in school and ended up failing most of my classes. I then had to attend community college the next year and lost focus again because I started working and liked the thought of making fast money. I then took a semester off, and in that time I started to struggle financially and one day realized that I would never make as much as someone with a degree. From then on I realized that I was an excellent student my whole life and the key to success is hard work and patience. I enrolled in school once again and this time I will never forget my goal in life which is to be successful no matter how long it takes. I do not regret failing over the years because I feel it is a mistake in which had to learn the hard way.

Tristae

I did things a little backwords in my life and gratuated from high school and had two children right away. I never imagined to go to college after this happened. It is very hard right now but I have a family to support and the only way to do this is with a college degree. I want to be a good role model for my kids to see their dad and I graduate with a degree from college. My parents never attended college and I think that is a reason why I never wanted to go to college. I don't want my kids to feel like that. I am so proud of myself that I am finally doing something that will benefit not only me but my family forever. I have finally realized now that I am doing it that there would be nothing more beneficial to do with my life .

DSU is a great university with a wide variety of majors to choose from. The only thing is the shortage of housing.

Dickinson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.