Dickinson, ND
Dickinson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dickinson State University

Oakley

Do not be afraid to get involved with activities on campus, but do not get so involved that your studies will not be the main focus. Go to college and do the things you would like to do with organizations. Do not join an organization or engage in an activity just because someone back home thinks you should be in it. This is a huge step and it is going to be a little rough at first for you, but if you keep your goals in sight and find the activities that please you and make you feel good about yourself, then you will make the transititon just fine.

Before coming to college, I wish I had known more of what campus activities are available. The school did a nice job of telling me what was available, but not how to get in touch with the person in charge of running the groups. If I had been able to contact someone, I would have gotten more involved.

The worst thing about my school is how small the surrounding town is. There is not a lot to do for fun with friends when you want to get away from campus. Also, the school does not have a big exercise room for students not involved in sports, and I would like to see a bigger one. This is so more people could exercise, and there would be more machines or activities to choose from when exercising.

Sasha

Dickinson State had the number one nursing program in the state. The accounting and teaching programs are also rising in respect through out the state giving our small university a big name. DSU was once a teaching school but is now being known for many other programs. The attendance of DSU has been rapidly rising over the past years, bringing in students from all over the United States as well as many internal students. DSU is known for great things and is on the rise to many more.

Dickinson State University is a small college compared to many other schools. The small population has allowed a high student to teacher ratio making learning in the classroom more productive. Faculaty and staff are very welcoming, glad that we have decided to make DSU our home for the next four years. Dickinson State has a program called Educational Enhancement Services, for students who are first generation students, financially need help, or have any other learning disabilities. No matter what department or class, the students, faculity and staff and DSU are fun and easy to work with no matter the problem.

If I could return to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely advise myself to go to Dickinson State Unviersity. I would also recommend that while in high school to take things a little bit more seriously and study a little more, becauses that is all college students do. I would tell myself to keep every paper or worksheet ever done in a college class because they will be needed for the final exams. I would just tell myself to work as hard as I could, try to not get destracted too much, make alot of friends, and have fun.

Amy

I would say to look for an environment that you can enjoy. If you can't live there, and feel comfortable there, you can't learn there. Look for a good, supportive environment. That is the most important thing to find because without that, it is extremely hard to succeed.

A person who can't stand cold should not come to Dickinson State. It does get very cold and snowy here. It is also a smaller school in a smaller community, so if you thrive on huge city life, you should not come here.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that we have so many international students who don't integrate and speak English on campus. There are so many of them from each country that some of them say within their little groups. It just makes things very interesting.

Jared

My classmates are strong in their belief and they care about the wellbeing of others.

Vist the colleges that you are interested in. Sommetimes the environment is completely different than what you might expect. It is important to like the surroundings around the college.

I wish I would have known more about the financial responsibilities I would have.

Dickinson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.