Dixie State University Top Questions

trimece

Giving advice to myself as a high school senior I would emphasis how much easier college would be to get ahead if possible. Time management and money management are probably the two most important things to focus on abiding by when attending college. Another tip I would give myself would be to make a healthy diet to live off of and to stay far away from fast foods to better my money management. I would also tell myself to avoid procrastination when it is at its finest and try not to miss any classes. I would stress sacrificing social events and outings to study more on areas I don't understand the most. I would tell myself to make my motives clear on what my purpose is at college so that I would be able to follow them and progress. Finally I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships that is available even if I was financially stable. I'd warn myself to stay away from loans and to apply for on campus jobs that work around my schedule. If I ever got the chance to go back Id try to prepare myself as much as I could.

Christopher

Don't take yourself so seriously, and don't let the little things stress you out so much. Life is a very long and complicated affair, and you're going to burn yourself out if you worry too much. On the other hand, make sure you do all of your homework, and on time. Even if you can pass the test, you have to do the work for the grade. It matters much more to the teacher than it does to you, and you should respect the time and effort they've put into the class. People are going to expect many things from you over the next few years: your time, your attention, your money, and your love. That's okay, but keep in mind that it's also okay to say no sometimes. No one cares about your happiness as much as you do, so make sure that you keep that in mind while you're taking care of other people. Having said that, give your love freely to any that will take it. You will never find a feeling as wonderful as being loved, and loving someone in turn. Finally, expect little, and give much.

Spencer

College is a lot different from high school. In high school, you can get by with decent grades just by waking up and going to school on time. You're surrounded by friends and you feel invincible. Once you get to college, "real life" sets in and you realize that it's not going to be as easy as you thought (or as TV makes it appear) to become a doctor, attorney, or astronaut. So I would tell myself to never give up on my dreams. Work hard and keep moving forward. Don’t forget to smile! Smiling every day helps you maintain your sanity. You've gotta be happy with your life. You'll feel better and make others happy too. Another thing: look out for others. Help everyone in any way you can. Be ready and willing to do things for others - be of service. Get out of your comfort zone. Nothing is more gratifying in this life than knowing that you helped make someone's day better because of a simple act of kindness. That advice is something I wish I had known in high school...and it is valuable for anyone, at any stage of life.

Anna

I would advice to have done all college applications early and get dual enrollement classes. Also, tell the coach to have a someone look at me when I played softball to get a full scholarship.

Olivia

If I could go back and talk to myself as a High School Senior, before anything else, I would tell myself not to be afraid. The transition from one side of the country to another is difficult and sometimes still shocking, but in the long run you will feel so rewarded and grateful for being able to broaden your worldview and gain such wonderful experiences. I'd also tell myself to think hard about what your dreams and aspirations are. They may not be what you originally intend, but that's a part of life; You grow, you change, and you discover yourself along the way. Accept it. Focus on your passions and pursue them with all your heart. Don't let anyone put you down, you'll find phenomenal mentors and friends who will help foster and nurture all that creativity that has been condensed inside your brain for so long. And lastly, be yourself and enjoy the ride. I know this wasn't your top choice or original plan, but looking back, you'll see how much you've grown and how far you've come, and you'll love and cherish every moment of it.

Tiffany

As a non-traditional student, I returned to school several years after receiving my associates degree to continue my education to earn my bachelors degree. I learned a great deal from my experience. Life changes bring about a different focus and interest in education. I earned my associates degree before marriage and children. I'm now back in school as a mother of four small children. I have far more responsibilities now than when I first began my college education. My focus on good grades, though more difficult with my busy schedule, is greater than ever now that I have so much more interest in gaining a good education and a degree for my family. My advice to my previous self, and anyone else starting out in college, would be to find a reason and a focus so that you are not making up for the past in your future. I didn't realize that the handful of bad grades that I got during my associate years, because I thought rock climbing would be more fun than chemistry, would affect my bachelor years. It was a learning experience that I have had to work hard to remedy with good grades.

Victor

I would tell myself that college life is an incredible life. There are so many opportunities to better oneself, both socially and professionally. The resources, events, and activities featured on the campus of many schools are both engaging and educational, such as the many clubs, honor societies, and fraternities which are available. Unlike a large number of public institutions, colleges and universities boast faculty who establish long lasting and supportive relationships with their student base to help them along in their academic journey. If my past self would express worry over the financial burdens associated with higher education, I would explain the many organizations, programs, and assistance available to the wanting student (assistance such as the FAFSA, the FSEOG, and other federal/scholarship resources). Lastly, I would share how much college has affected me, how much it has bettered me and made a happier individual, how without it I would not be the man I am today (or in my past self's case, the man I am soon to become).

Kylie

College is about learning how to study. Actually studying, not just casually moving through assignments. This means re-reading notes, underlining, and practicing the concepts that were taught. Learning how to organize yourself and your time is also crucial to college life for reducing stress. Sometimes it is worth not having much of a social life to get a better GPA and get that full tuition scholarship, but you also need to learn how to relax and manage your stress. Summer can be your best friend or worst enemy. You can either have a balance of study and relaxation during the summer, or you will either be stressed or unprepared for the upcoming semester. College can be brutally hard and stressful at times, but it really is worth it in the end so just pull through. This is one of the few investments you will make that is worth both the time and the money.

Leonard

If I could travel back in time and see myself as a senior in high school I would do two things. First I would just sit back and observe all the good times I had along with the bad times. The memories would fly though my brain. I would get the reminiscent feeling that would put a smile on my face as I would relive each experience again in the third person. Knowing what’s going to happen next. Almost as if I was rereading a good book. Soon I would start reliving my youthful ignorance. At last the time to speak to myself had come my mouth would open but almost like I started the memories would rifle though my head. A new though as crept into my mind “would you have learned what you’ve learned without taking the risk?” No, I would have had different experiences I wouldn’t had been able to give this advice. “Take the risk, but weigh the reward you will reap. Set a guide for yourself and stick to it religiously. Well….As religious as possible. The life we will have will be absolutely awe inspiring.

Matthew

If I were to give my high school self advice about college life I could go on for days, but there would be one major point I would emphasize. I'd tell myself to take advantage of the resources that my parents provide. If there's one thing I miss about living at home, it's that everything is free. There's free food, television, internet, and car trouble that's taken care of by my parents. Once you get to college if you run out of money, it's really gone. You can't wait for the fridge to be magically stocked, sit around and watch the television that has already been paid for, and you surely can run to the living room to ask Mom or Dad for a quick $20 for the movies. Every last thing about life in college is something that you have to work for, that you have to provide for yourself. Many kids don't realize how abrupt being thrown out of the nest comes. So I'd say, "Matt, soak up everything that's free while you can. And if you can, snatch a few Ho-Ho's on your way out!"

Zachary

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of being proactive about everything to do with college. I know now how difficult it really is to pay for college; even just community college tuition would have been helped greatly by even the smallest scholarships. I believe that if I had started earlier and tried harder in applying for scholarships, it would not have been so financially difficult to get through my first year of college. I have since learned the struggles of paying for college and have decided to be much more prepared for when the next school year comes around. So even though I may have missed out on my opportunity to get ahead in paying for college, I am doing my best to get the most out of the time I have left.

Jasmine

It’s senior year: you’re taking five classes, working towards your license, and trying to cram as much fun as you possibly can into the little time you have left. You have decided on what you want to do after high school, but now you have to decide how you plan to get there. I know that you have chosen to go to community college before university, but you need to pick out which school you want to attend when the time comes. You think that you have all the time in the world but, unfortunately, you don’t. You have to explore your options, and then decide how you’re planning to pay for the school you pick to attend. Going to college will be one of the most exciting and terrifying things that has ever happens to you. But you don’t have to be afraid because you have the skills needed to survive this. Hopefully this was helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Boston

If I could give advice to my high school self my main advice would be to develop good habits. As a senior, I was taking AP classes and concurrent enrollment classes at the college I now attend. I basically knew how the college worked and what to expect once attending there. However, my biggest weakness now is habits. I'm a 4.0 student, so I do well in school, but I know I could do better. If I would have developed better time management skills in high school, I would be better able to manage my time now. I do get my homework done before the deadline, but with better time management skills I could get my work done with time to spare. This would allow me to get the rest I need and would also allow me to spend more time doing things that I enjoy outside of school.

Jana

If I knew then what I know now, and then was a long time ago we’re talking back in the dinosaur ages when we had to actually go to the library to study and when we checked out a library book, they used a stamp card not a computer system, I would tell myself to invent the internet so I could research schools all over the nation without racking up a giant bill. Search the internet for every available scholarship out there and apply for the all you qualify for along with financial aid. Take the online personality/career matching quiz to gain an idea as to what you want to major in. Once you decide on a school, the first thing you want to do is to meet and work very closely with your counselor. Decide on a major and stick with it so you can take all the prerequisite courses as part of your generals. Study hard and have fun. Make lots of friends, they make good support groups. Use the school student services. Find a job or internship in your field of study. Experience is as valuable as an education. College is expensive, take it seriously.

Roxanne

You have no idea how important your major is going to be. Choose wisely. Majoring in English seems like a wonderful idea, since you love the written word. But it’s not going to work out in the real world. Even if you ultimately decide to move forward with the English degree, take other classes to get a really well-rounded education. Take a few business courses. Get a minor. And before you graduate, join a couple of clubs. Really get involved in your community. Volunteer. This is important to you and your community. Save money. That’s really important. You don’t want to be 27 years old putting student loans into deferment because you can’t afford to pay them. So put some of that hard earned money into savings for the future. You’re going to need the money, and you’re going to need to know HOW to save. Trust me.

Jacob

I would say its worth putting the time into searching for scholarships because you and I both know you do not have money to get through college. So start looking and do everything you can to apply for scholsrships

Rebecca

Finish school while you are young. It's incredibly hard to get back into the swing of things as you get older, and memorization doesn't come as easy. Get your schooling done early!

The transition from high school to college is very challenging. There are many things that I wish I knew before I started. For example, you are in charge. If you don't go to class its up to you to make up the work. The teachers will not be like the teachers in high school and give you the work without you asking for it. College teachers want to see you succeed, but they also don't want to have to be a babysitter and walk you through all of the steps you need to pass. Tests are also on a deadline and aren't given in class. There is no make-up tests and there is no excuses. If you don't go to the Testing Center to take the test when the test is open you will not be able to take it. You really need to learn to manage your time in college, and I really wish I knew that before I started college.

Ethan

Attending college provided me the opportunity to learn industry standards in a hands-on environment and produced an educated, capable Automotive Technician. I was taught automotive knowledge passed down for generations, and additional modern technology to apply to serve people with their automotive needs. I am grateful that college has given me this educational and personal experience. I gained friendships with knowledgeable instructors and enjoyed comradery with classmates. Through excellent instruction, my own motivation, and my love of mechanics, my success began in college and continues as I now work in the job of my dreams. My college experience was valuable in that it gave me the tools, practical experience, and learning environment needed to prepare me for the changing world of automotive technology. From shop safety to customer satisfaction, all that I learned at college I am now applying in my adult employment. I am very blessed to have received a college education! It gave me a foot in the door to a rewarding job with a great company. With my personality and determination to continue learning while applying the skills college provided, my employer supports continued industry training too. Attending college was the cornerstone of my career success.

Rebekah

Dixie State has helped me realize exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life, as far as a career goes. The climate in St. George is amazing, and there is always something to do. Dixie has a lot of campus activities, and it's very easy to get involved. The campus is a great size, and all the buildings clearly marked, making it easy to get to classes. The faculty are great and very easy to work with and get ahold of. The campus resources have excellent hours for students to get their course work done on time. Dixie has been an awesome school to go to because of all the things to do, all the activities on campus, and the quality of the classes. The instructors/professors are excellent and proficient in what they teach. They make it clear when and how they can be reached, should the need arise. I would recommend Dixie State College of Utah to anyone!

Parker

Imagine the job of being Santa Clause. He has many duties, and could not possibly complete them all by himself. Graduating from college and managing a family is much the same way. My college experience taught me a number of things, first of which was that having a team was very important. Because I had a team at home who helped manage work around the house, and helped schedule life around my school, I was able to dedicate more time to my studies. My second lesson learned was that time management was vital to succeeding. Balancing a job, a family, and school was a 24 hour a day job. By having a team to take on other tasks, school became a joy and not a chore. By balancing my time, I was able to study and learn without stress. This meant that school was not a chore, but was a benefit. My college education taught me so many things and i am grateful for having had the opportunity. School taught me to dedicate myself, to achieve my goals, and to never give up. I never gave up and earned the title of valedictorian.

Sam

I have gained the experience of really working to accomplish my goals. In high school I feel it was pretty easy going but in college I really need to work hard to get the grade I want. I really am learning so much and I love it. I hope it prepares me for my future goals.

Alisha

As Dixie being my first college i attended i liked the fact that it was in a smaller town and the class sizers were small than a big universities. My college experience has been great here, most the teachers are amazing and they really care about the students education. I am in the criminal justice department and the teachers I have are all lawyers or have been working in the system for years. I think this was the most valuable part of my education, it gave me a true insight on how things really were out in the real world, I was fully informed on everything i needed to know, and they have prepared me very well and have been willing to do anything to help me succeed and I can not express how much i appreciate that. There is a lot of student housing around st. George which i really enjoy becuase i think it is important to be living near your peers, it makes the experience all the better! Dixie is a perfect college to start out at! small classes, good teachers, and an all around amazing atmosphere and town! Lots of student support!

Heather

I am a single, divorced mother who moved across several states to go to college. It was necessary to be near family to prevent negatively impacting my children by becoming a student. I have overcome many trials and struggles on my path, but am perservering in my pursuit of education in order to provide for myself and my children. I believe in the old addage that says 'teach a man to fish instead of giving him fish' or, in my case, learn and do for myself and my family instead of asking for handouts. I want and need to be an example to my children and show them they can do anything. The example I set is especially important as their father has not been present in their lives for years. I make it a point to stress the value of education to them. This is a life change that has been humbling as I realize how little I know about some basic subjects. In only one semester I have gained an entirely new perspective and treasures of knowledge as well as practical skills that are invaluable for my future. The value of a college education to me is indescribable.

Catherine

My college experience has given me a better sense of self worth and pride. It has been valuable for me to attend becasue it has helped to open my eyes to a world that is larger than myself. The experiences that I have had so far have helped me to see situations other than my own for example the needs of others. Not only has it helped me to be a better person mentally and spiritually, it has given me the joy of touching other lives and having a positive impact on those lives.

I have recieved a great education at North Platte Community College. I was accepted into the Phi Theta Kappa, which is an Honor Society for two-year Community College, within my first year at the College. Only students that have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and have completed 12 credit hours are invited into the Society. Attending North Platte Community College has gave me the opportunity to decide on a degree and save money for a 4-year University. I feel that by continuing my education I have more self worth and self confidence. I enjoy the day to day challenges that I face in the college setting. My experience so far has been worth my time and effort. And I look forward to continue my education at a 4-year University and obtain both my BA and Masters in Radiology.

Kelsee

I have learned so much from attending college, I first learned things that I did not want to go into. I also learned that I want to be a teacher more than ever. Teaching has become a passion. I also have met many great friends that I will never forget.

Jeremy

I've only been in school now for two semesters and haven't yet experienced much but i do know that in the time that i've been i am certain that i'm going to do all i can to get the most out of it before i graduate, and I will Graduate!!

Mark

I have learned how to plan and organize curriculum for preschool aged children, as well as learn the professional styles for writing for newspaper, the Web, and screen plays. My experience so far has given me the confidence to go out and harness a career. It has been valuable to attend for many reasons. The main reason is knowledge. The more you know, the easier it is to carry on a convesation. Attending college has given me the ability to see how others see. Because of college, I am no longer quick to judge or dismiss the thoughts of others beliefs or desires. I am able to anayze and understand where others are coming from. It's so clear to me now, different eyes see diffirent things. (Neil Peart) Even If I disagree with someone or a group now, I step outside myself and do the best I can to see things from the perspective of others.

Kaitlyn

My college eperience began in high school. I attended a program which allowed me to take both high school and college courses as cross-over credits. This program exposed me to the variety of college courses, and allowed me to settle on my initial degree choice: secondary education. Attending college gave me insight into the world of teaching. I was able to learn the multitude of ways an instructor may teach a lesson. Some of the best college courses were not lecture based, but chose to take a more hands-on approach to learning. This is something I have carried over into my own classroom, and plan to take on to my new profession in nursing. The social skills you must aquire in college, learning how to relate to people of other cultures and backgrounds, will need to be applied in the health science fields. Regardless of ones chosen degree, college is an eye opening experience. The classes offered open doors to opportunities not yet imagined. Why not take a few unrelated classes in the process? Who knows where that interest might lead.

Tyler

The thing that i have got out of my college experience that has been of the most use to me has been the educational opportunities I have been presented with and the awesome environment in and around the college.

Gerhard

Go to the academic advisor and have hime pick your classes. Classes would be more fun with the help of the academic advisor. Ask questions so you know the answers; furthermore ask anybody the pondered question, it may help. Do not take any classes ealier than 8:00am. Taking classes earlier than 8:00am really sucks on finals week; also all nighters can't be pulled. There are twenty-four hours in a day dont waste the early morning time for classes that you may sleep in. There are serious consequences to taking early morning classes. Excersising is a better alternative than taking early morning classes. Go to the library! Home is for resting not studying. Force yourself to do things that may not want to be done but have to. Laziness will settle in, if you dont force yourself. Get out and get some fresh air; just dont over do partying. Its college get out and have some fun but do not do crazy things that will result in fines. It really sucks to get pulled over and threated to be taken to jail for doing something unnecessary . Last but not least, keep a positive attitude.

JoLee

If I had the oppertunity to go back in time and five myself advise, I would tell myself that I should do concurrent enrolment during my senior year of high school. I watched so many friends take one or two classes during the semester and they have told me that it was worth the extra effort. They are more ajusted to college life than I am after being in college for almost a year. I would also tell myself to study for my classes and don't take just the easy classes. Take some hard classes that push you to do better. The last advice I'd give to myself is to have fun during college. Not the partying all night and every night kind of fun, but to find new freinds and do something creative with them. Get out of your comfort zone a little and explore all the possibilities life has to give you.

Luke

Do well your senior year, even though it doesn't really affect what college you get into it doesn't hurt to have a good GPA so you qualify for financial aid and scholarships. Go on a service mission for a while (at least a year) before college so you can learn how to take care of yourself and be on your own. Instead of dumping that first year tuition on school you won?t take seriously, use it to go on a humanitarian mission, or something like it, to experience the world. They you'll be ready to take college seriously. Not only will this help you with people skills it also teaches you to be much more responsible. It will save you a lot of money too, a lot of kids fail their freshmen year because they haven?t learned how to be on their own and they just want to party. You can have fun while going to school and still get good grades.

Wayne

First and foremost I would tell myself to get things done. Instead of taking those cooking classes to look at all the girls get the classes done that you need and hit the books hard. Another thing would be even though recreational activities are good it doesn't mean take 3 semesters of bowling, as I still haven't figuered out how to use that skill in my life outside of that sport. Listening to my teachers and doing the homework and class work would also be a great help. One of the last things I would tell myself is to work less and study more.

Damian

I would tell myself that i should take the opportunities i had as a high school student to save money by taking advanced courses that would give me college credit. this is a great way to save money and get a better feel for what is expected as a college student. I would recommend not applying for a school for its name, but for one that would comfortably suite you as a college student. Make sure that you don't look at the financial aspects of college as one of the main reason for choosing where it is that you want to go because there are many opportunities that will help pay for what it is that you need. prepare yourself for long strenuous nights of studying and doing homework. i would make sure to tell myself that if there is ever an opportunity for receiving a scholarship or some kind of financial aide not to pass it up, and do what it takes to receive it. Don't be afraid to socialize and make new friends on campus, because with friends comes more opportunities not only with school work, but with a more positive social life.

Loro

Dear Loro, My friend, you are an intelligent girl. When you apply yourself to a task you can succeed. Coming out of that Psychology class has left you with a feeling of inspiration. You know this is exactly what you want to do with your life. Go for it now, while you are young and have the opportunity to help many people find direction and have hope in difficult times. Don't wait to get your education. The path of education will also help you find yourself and make your life a great place to live. What a wonderful gift you could give to yourself and others. People naturally follow you and ask you for advice, even as a young girl that really has very little experience in life. You have a calming effect on others, but still have a way of helping them see their problems from a different perspective. Give it a try. What do you have to lose from experiencing college? It's also a great way to spread your wings into the adult world. Even if you put those great things aside, college life is great fun! And very confirming to you personally. Do it!

Shannyn

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be too nervous to go out and meet new people. I would encourage myself to participate in school related activities and join groups where I feel I could fit in. I would also tell myself that it is important to stay up on school work and not to procrastinate. Study harder and more that I did in high school and don't assume that the same study techniques will work. I would tell myself to make good friends and keep in contact with the old ones.

Jordanne

The first would be don't be afraid to try new things at college. Join clubs, go to school sponsered activities, and just even talk to the people in your classes. The more you are willing to put into college and the experieces you'll get there, academic wise and not academic, the more you'll get out of college and the more you will gain. Second would be not to underestimate what you are able to handle. Take those harder classes even if you don't think you can handle it. You are able to adjust to the harder stuff. Last don't be afraid to take classes and do things that take you out of your comfort zone. The more you do the better off you will be in the long run.

Miranda

While in high school i wish i would have told myself to be better with money, college is really expensive and so many students are competing for the better scholarship or a way to rig the system. I also would advise myself to take a math class during my senior so i wouldn't have wasted almost a full year of college re-taking a math class that i had taken during my sophmore year of high school. When i moved away to college the transition was a much easier change than some of my peers because my parents made sure that i held a stabe job all my life and i knew pretty much how to take care of myself. I didnt rely as much on my parents as some of my friends did. I think that is one of the major shock of college the realization that you are on your own.

Kristen

I would advise myself to study and read out of the textbooks. That is the hardest thing I've had to get used to in college- reading and studying from the textbooks. I would also advise myself to read ahead and/or prepare for the coming lessons, rather than trying to catch up after the lecture. Once you get behind, it's hard to catch back up. Another piece of advise I would give myself it to learn how to budget money- make an actual budget with projected expenses and income and learn to live within that budget.

John

Plan ahead as much as possible. Take a class in financial aid or ways in obtaining free money for school. Have fun your first year and enjoy the experience. After that, decide what you want to major in and get it done. College is as easy or hard as you make it.

What's up Bro! You know those honor/ap classes you wanted to take to help you with college? Don't take em Bro! You'll have to do a little extra work over the weekends. You will have to "study" for your test too and than you wouldn't be able to chill with the buds. Sure you could save thousands of dollars in the long run and make your college trip a bit lighter. Or maybe even get a scholarship to the "too epxensive" school your best friend got into, for actually going the extra degree, so that you can attend with him. Eh, it's not worth it to go the extra degree. Why work and learn new things everyday when you can just coast through the material from a class that is below your potential learning ability. You'll just go with the flow, right? No point in creating more prosperous opportunities for your future. Besides you have a whole four years of high school! It's not like it will flash by and leave you regretting because you did not took that extra degree. Well don't let me keep ya. ..Your friends are waiting.

charles

dEAR SELF college is full of ups and downs but all you can do is float...with the harsh dorm conditions and the weird roommates. Oh yeah manage your money son, cuz we took a hit several times and needed things we had no funds for so save at least something. Study dont be so distracted by the maybes out on campus meaning(girls,recreational basketball,and parties). Stay on track your a strong young gifted man use your brain.

Kathleen

College life was a complicated transistion for me. If I knew in highschool what I know now, I would tell myself not to get discouraged and pay attention in math. For me, the transition was a little overwhelming, but I had lots of support through faculty at the school. I was not prepared to absorb so much information at once, so I struggled in math my first semester. Although, I did do well in all of my other classes. I absolutely loved being challenged and learning new information. I was very sick throughout my first semester and I got discouraged, I would definately change that. If I truly got the chance to go back and give advice to highschool senior me, I would say, "Don't give up, no matter what!"

Alisha

College is a lot harder than high school. Professors are not as concerned about your well being as high school teachers. Your college success depends on you and only you. There is a lot of work that goes into applying and deciding which classes you should take. Nothing comes easy but by the time you are done it will be worth it.

Danielle

Take harder classes and do well in school.

Heidi

To work harder in school and make it a priority. Just be yourself and do not worry about what others think. Save money for college.

Jordan

I would have spent a little more time trying to find more scholarships. I just relyed on my accademic sholarships but now that I have been going to school for a while I wish i would have spent more time finding scholarships that i could win. I also served a two year religious mission that really helped me pepare for college life.

Megan

If I could go back and give myself some advice about transitioning from high school to college I sould tell myself, I would tell myself not to stress so much about my schooling! I would tell my self to study hard and have confidence in myself! The knowledge will come if I read and pay attention in class! Now that I am graduated from high school I am not required to go to class, but not going to class hurts you a lot more then spending the fifty minutes in class! Going to class also takes away a lot of stress because you can ask questions and get clearification on questions that you get from your reading! I would also tell myself that a college education is priceless!