Doane University-Arts & Sciences Top Questions

Doane is a small liberal arts school that allows for the proffessors to provided a personal education. At Doane i am not just another student. My teachers know my name, my struggles, and my strengths. This allows them to help me in ways proffessors at bigger schools would never be able to.

When talking about Doane, I tell my friends how much of an opportunity it is to get an education as special as this. Being ranked the number one college in Nebraska you get a one on one education from your proffessors. The classes are small making it easier to focus in class and not get ditracted. Also, with it being a liberal arts college you get a very round base of knowledge on many things thanks to the Doane plan. This is what Doane does to get the Students a knowledge in various fields making it a great learning environment.

I brag about the one on one attention we get in our classes. Doane is a small school, classes are typically like 20-30 people in a class, so there is a lot of one on one time with professors.

Cara

When I brag about my school to my freinds, I always tell them how many life long freinds I've made. I'm from the big city, and going to a small school in Nebraska was kind of a culture shock. So when I came home telling my friends I got to milk a cow or drive a tractor, the jealousy levels were high. I also talk a lot about my track team. Its my second family and wouldn't have it any other way.

the tight-knit community; that professors are always there for you; and you're not just a number, people actually know you

The classes are small and I converse with my professors on a regular basis. I think in the future I could even become something more like friends with my professors rather than just having a mentor - student relationship. They care enough to email me when I'm sick, not just because I missed class, but to let me know that they're thinking of me and hope I'm better soon. They tell me congrats and will cut out newspaper articles if they notice me in it...its nice to have people who care so much - like family!