Doane University-Arts & Sciences Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Doane University-Arts & Sciences

Kalen

You can meet great people at Doane College in Crete, Nebraska. The professors seem to care about your academic status the most because they want you to learn and be successful for your future. I feel the college hires friendly counselors, coaches, and mentors who can help you calm the storm almost when it comes down the wire for finals week, or sometimes it's called dead week. But, for the most part, it's a nice private college with no more than 10,000 students and they have nice facilities where you can work on schoolwork or sports.

I am blessed to go one of the most beautiful campus in the country. It has been an amazing experience as a student athlete. The class sizes are perfect and professors are always available for help whenever you need it. Doane provides a lot of academic support options that are free for all students. There is a tutor available in every subject Sunday thru Thursday from 7:00-10:00pm and we have a writing center.

Anne

Doane was a great decision for me. I enjoyed the small town atmosphere coupled with big impact learning.

Keeliann

Doane has a lot of activities to keep students busy and meet new people. You never go anywhere without knowing someone. The school provides great opportunities for students to further their learning with work-study, internships, and more. It is an open and welcoming community that pushes one another to achieve more.

Jeremy

This college provides a great opportunity for pre health professionals to gain the courses they need to succeed in grad school. The experience and knowledge gained allow for preparation in clinical careers as well as being prepared for administrative work.

Aspen

My overall opinion is that this school is very focused on making a name for itself. There is always events going on around campus from rallies and tailgates to educational speakers and comedians. Doane does an amazing job getting students real world experience. They push for students to get outside the classroom and indulge in the interests and their career paths. After all, even entry level jobs require some hands-on experience. Although Doane has done well in keeping students safe and educated, the school does lack in areas such as tasty and worth while food, attractive suitable housing, and price. However, I will say that the school is adamant in addressing student complaints and concerns which makes us feel like our voices are important.

Maddie

Doane is a very family oriented organization and I love the vibe of the campus. It's a community and everyone knows everyone on a friendly basis. I love the academics and how much the professors actually care about their students. Overall, if someone was to decide to come here, there is a small chance they wouldn't like how they felt on a daily basis.

Delainy

If you're looking for a smaller university and to recognize about every face on campus , Doane is a safe bet. The Crete location is a smaller community and the best part is that it embraces Hispanic culture. If you're looking to major in Spanish or learn a new language this is very helpful! There are activities on campus and in the community, but I found that it can be lacking and I'd almost always go to Lincoln to keep myself involved (Lincoln is only about a 20 minute drive from Doane's campus). Doane has local fraternities and sororities, so greek life is smaller in size, but that helps with feeling connected to your own group as well as the others. Greek groups at Doane are very different from the national groups, so if you're interested, attend rush parties to see what it's all about- highly recommend getting involved in greek life!

Alyssa

I love it! I am a transfer student and am very happy I switched to Doane! It suits me very well academically and athletically. All the staff on campus are very energetic and helpful. The social aspect is great and there are constant activities that get students out of their rooms.

Byron

My overall opinion is that this is the best college I have been to by far. They treat you with respect and respect your intentions in life. There are so many opportunities to be the best you can be. When I stepped on campus I just knew it was the place for me. The environment is laid back and everyone I have met has been awesome. Overall 10/10

Brandon

It is a great private college and they are very good with academics. Classes can be a little hard, but that is why we have tutors that are entirely free for use. That is why this campus is great because there is always something going on every day from sports to fraternities or sororities. This is one of the best schools in Nebraska because you make a bond with all of your professors because this university is about the size of a regular high school.