Dominican College of Blauvelt Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dominican College of Blauvelt

Tatyana

Dominican college offers many courses that they design for your intended major but when it comes time if you want to transfer it’s hard to have your credits transfer. Classroom sizes are small which give you a more one-on-one with your professor. They also are great with sports game the atmosphere is amazing.

Tatiana

Dominican College is a great school. It has a small campus feel which makes it such a close-nit school. The small classroom size contributes to learning. The teachers are friendly and readily available for help and the on-campus activities make it easy to make new friends.

Dominican College is a really great campus. The size of the school is small, and there are different buildings that you may need to walk to but it is great. The class size is like a high school class size and it is really good because there is more time with the professor and they are happy to help if you need it, the only thing you need to do is ask and visit them.

Sebria

This school has been holding onto my official transcript for an alleged registration fee, accusing me of signing up for classes and cancelling three years back. I explained to them that I did not register or try to register they refused to waive the $315 registration fee. I am beyond disgusted with this school. Not to mention they have a cemetary on campus. Do not go here !!!

Casey

I have loved Dominican College ever since I first saw it when I was on tour as a Senior in high school, now I am a Junior in college and I am giving the tours to the perspective students. I love everything this campus has to offer, they have many clubs that you can join, the staff and faculty are all wonderful, and they have many opportunities for volunteering, and also opportunities to travel with the school, like Alternative Spring Break, El Salvador, France.

Its a great school and prepares one well for their future career interest. Great services and programs throughout the campus. In this school, coming in was a challenge being that I was scared of really being full blast independent and having to live with someone other than my family but as I scouted and really engaged in all the school offers I found myself loving it and finding my niche. I took on leadership roles, ambassador, roles, even internships, paid a that a nd with all the services they provide Im soaring. I would highly recommend !!

Nathalie

Overall, Dominican College is a pretty decent investment for your money. There aren't alot of scholarships available, unless you are a scholar/athlete. The courses are manageable, at times overly challenging to the point that it can bring one down to tears (nursing). Class sizes are pretty small so that you received that attention from the instructor, whether you want to or not. The instructors are pretty helpful, readily available to students even when they do not have office hours (they make arrangements to meet with you at the most convenient time when the issue is pressing). There is always something to do as far as recreational and entertainment goes, especially since it is minutes away from NYC.

Dominican College of Blauvelt, is a small, up and coming private liberal arts school with a Catholic background. People who attend this school usually appreciate the great cost for a private college as well as the small classrooms a liberal arts school provides. At Dominican College the most respected departments and majors are in Nursing, Business, and Teaching. Overall a good place to learn, in a respectful atmosphere, with good professors.

Maria

The nursing department are very helpful to me. They show interest in that I succeed. I have had more than a handful of educators who have personally told me advice to benefit my success. The food is expensive for a college student. There are many tools to utilize on campus. I think the learning environment is very good.

expensivie

ben

The dorms for Dominican are built behind a plastic factory that emits noxious fumes. I feel very sorry for any students who live on campus and for their parents who have no idea. Just look at the aerial map, its like you're sending your kids to live at a toxic waste dump.

Milijana

I am an entering freshman my overall process of application went smooth and easy. I adore all the staff that helped me be accepted and helped provide me with the best financial aid they could. I was interviewed at my high school where I met with a counselor who accepted me. a few months later I visit with for open house and It opened up my mind to consider dorm life.

Kelsey

At Dominican College, you could expect quite a few different things there. Since it is a small school, everyone knows one another, and the teachers and staff get to know you on a first name basis. With that being, you are able to get personalized attention in the classroom if that is what you are personally looking for. The school itself also a very popular commuter school, and dormers and commuters interact fairly well. In terms of residential life, the dorms are a pretty good size and are comfortable. Restrooms are cleaned on a weekly basis and are very well kept. Laundry services at the school are free, and the school had recently upgraded the wifi service to a higher speed. Lounges and study areas are located throughout the building and are active areas for students to hangout, have fun, and study. The dining services are fairly good as well, with the staff being very friendly and make sure the food being served is up to quality. The school also includes a brand new gym which is very nice and impressive. Overall, I would recommend Dominican College to those looking for that small school feel and say that it is a very great school.

Julia

Dominican college is a simple, small, spaced out campus with a lot to offer. The prices may be a little much but you do get a good education if you apply yourself to your studies. The students are diverse but enjoyable to be around. If you can’t find friends off campus then you will off campus because of its great location in between state lines and around a lot of towns with night life!

Kristin

Dominican college is a safe small school with activities and opportunities to partake in. Professors are always there to help and so are other administrators. The campus housing is good for the most part. The food is not very good but is getting better each year. Sports are a somewhat big part of student life depending on the sport. Basketball is the most popular to watch.