Dominican University of California Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dominican University of California

Kate

Dominican University is a hidden jem of the San Francisco Bay area. The campus is a peaceful oasis as it is surrounded by trees, flowers, and lawns - nestled in a quiet residential community. Dominican's most popular academic programs include: nursing, LINES dance company, occupation therapy, business, and the natural sciences. Being located 30 minutes away from San Francisco, having small personalized class sizes, and encouraging a welcoming and diverse community - makes Dominican an ideal university for any student seeking a small, and peaceful college experience.

Jordan

I enjoy Dominican for the Nursing program. It is a VERY small school, so everyone knows each other and their business! Class sizes are super small which is great. Professors are good. Campus life can be a little dry, and if you're not an outdoor person there may not be much for you to do.

Geovanni

Dominican University is the perfect school for the quiet person. It is a small school with small class sizes making it a more intimate setting. Being a small school is a benefit, with the small student population it is almost certain that you will meet with your advisor and get the classes you need. You can also grow close relationships with your professors. Dominican may not have many extracurricular activities, but social events are available if sought out. Dominican will not for everyone, but it is perfect for many.

Daeja

I think that going to Dominican exposes you to a lot of great opportunities to learn about current issues and ways to get involved. The learning is also easier and the professors actually care if you pass their class or not. I feel that all of the faculty are more than willing to help the students have a successful career in the long run.

Katie

Amazing university with professors who genuinely care about the students and their success. A very welcoming community for all. A very diverse student body allows for a global perspective in classes without leaving campus. Beautiful campus and amazing areas to go for hike or a bike ride. Not too far away from SF to go hangout in the city for a day. I would 100% recommend Dominican. It's a very close knit community and because of the small classes teacher get to know the students and can connect them with internships, and even jobs in the community.

Hallie

I love it here; the small class sizes and beautiful location made Dominican an ideal place for me to study. The small class sizes and gorgeous campus are what originally drew me to the school along with the soccer program, however, the outstanding level of academia and close friendships I have made have kept me here.

Evelyn

I am a transfer student and I do not regret my decision of attending here because the people faculty and students are so welcoming and friendly and will make you feel part of them since day one. I still haven't met a lot of people, but those who I have spoken with and have a ​class with are very nice and I can see myself bonding and becoming close to them.

Kelsey

I absolutely love this school. It's pretty small, but I like that because it helps you get to know your professors and fellow students better. It has a really great energy, and I feel very safe. There are many great aspects about this school that I don't have enough space to write about, but overall it is a very great school.

Maria

I've chosen Dominican to be my home for the next four years. I have been on campus two times to meet students, staff and faculty. Everyone was very helpful and have enthusiasm for the university. I had many colleges to choose from and Dominican University felt like home.

Nancy

Dominican is a good private school. If you want to go to a small school then its a good place to consider. There are no big, fun events , no real emphasize on sporting events either. It's pretty calm so that good, really safe. What I really don't like is the price, I am aware that it's a private school but each year they increase it by a couple hundred dollars. A good amount of it goes towards food and housing and both are ok but can do better. The entire school was made in the early 1900's and the dorms and other buildings don't have an AC system/ are old and I think that with all the money they are charging (approx. 20k) they should have enough to do some type of upgrade. The classes are kept small so that's good. It's a really pretty campus and professors do care about students. There is help if you ask for it so in a way it is worth it

Jessa

Dominican has dedicated staff that will support their students as much as they can, and small class sizes that benefit the education of the students. It has excellent programs, specifically the Lines BFA program, Nursing Program, and Occupational Therapy Program. However, it seems that Dominican University of California is an average to below average school in these categories: academics, housing, food, and sports. The price that I am paying for the education I am receiving, along with these aspects of the college, is way overpriced even with the financial aid I am receiving. I would suggest putting more funds towards the academics and less towards the sports teams, because our sports teams are not giving the school enough money for how much the school spends on them. I would also send surveys to the students on how the food can improve in the dining hall, especially because there are limited options for vegetarians other than salad. I believe Dominican can be an extraordinary school that produces successful leaders for this world; however, during this time it seems to have its priorities in the wrong places.

Shweta

It is very good undergraduate Private school, i enjoying being there to studies.

Smantha

I visited the school 5 months ago, and Dominican University of California not only was beautiful but also felt extremely safe. I loved how invested the faculty seemed to be in the success of their students, and I look forward to attending Dominican in the fall!