Dominican University Top Questions

I only wish it had a football team on campus as well as a Greek life.

THE WORST THING ANOUT MY SCHOOL IS THERE IS NOT WIRELESS INTERNET IN SOME OF THE DORM ROOMS, BUT THERE IS DIAL-UP.

Students do not always want to participate in extra-curricular activities wheather univiersity or residence life oriented.

Ashlyn

The worst thing about Dominican University are the dining services and the number of students. The food is not very tasteful, nutritious, or exciting. And although the campus is beautiful, it is very small and it feels like you are just continuing high school. Also, more than half of the student body at Dominican University is commuters.

I suppose some people would consider the size of the college a bad thing. As stated earlier, the school is really small. I've had classes where there were only 5 students in the class. Another thing would be the location. It's near Chicago, but at least 20 minutes away. It's a little difficult to get lost in the crowd and to hang out somewhere during the weekends, but I don't consider that I bad thing. You get noticed and it really isn't far from the city. It's a perfect nice small school.

Because Dominican University is a small, liberal arts school, there is a lack of involvement and sponsorship of the sports teams; therefore, there are fewer ways for the students to come together and support a common goal, along with sustaining the school?s athletic teams. Dominican does not pride itself on its athletics; it seems that a certain aspect of excitement and enthusiasm to be involved is absent from the college atmosphere.

I think the worst thing about this campus is it is way to small. That is my fault though, I went into the school knowing the size but as I started at Dominincan iI discovered I did not like it. Also, I wish students here were a little more friendly. I do not get that home like feeling around these students.

Dominican University is mainly a communter school, although there are dorms on campus, most of the student population commutes to school each day. So, even though everyone is friendly, it is hard to make an actual friend at school. Also, the type of scheduling Dominican has, they are based on Monday, Wednesday, Friday lectures and Tuesday, Thursday labs, but as a Science major, I am forced to go to school everyday of the week, which leaves me with less time for homework and less time to have a job, if I chose to.

Vania

Probably the expense of the food at our cyber cafe it is to expesive

Marisol

The bad things about this university are its finacial and advising programs. It is very expensive and every year tuition rises without financial aid increasing. It?s really hard and stressful to find ways to pay for school and many end up transferring. I, for example have to work three jobs and go to school full time just too make it by. Another issue will be its advising programs; you?re better off figuring out the classes you need by following your credit booklet then asking your advisor. They usually have no idea or steer you in the wrong direction.

Jaron

School spirit, i feel like most of the students are not very excited about their teams, not much support for our sport teams

Mercedes

There is not much I can say that is wrong with Dominican, but if I had to pick ,I would say a weak point is the food. Since I am used to homecooked meals, the food provided is a big change. There are some days they hit home base and cook awesome meals,for example I love my moms lasagne. And when ever they make that dish I definatly eat, some times even twice because it comes so close to my moms wonderful dish .Then they have their bad days such as mexican night. I do not like anything then.

I'm not a fan of the food.

Veronica

The thing that I consider the worst about my school would have to be the lack of activities that take place on the weekends. If I want to have fun I have to go out to the movies, shopping and out to eat with friends on the weekends because there is not much going on campus.

Ayodele

The worst thing about this school is that it is small. Otherwise I really enjoy it.

Sometimes improving/changing things take a while to get through the red tape, but if you know who to talk to and take the right attitude, stuff can happen within three days, as opposed to three years. There's no way to continue the freshmen community as an upperclassman (roommates, etc)