Dordt College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Dordt College

Dordt College is an excellent place to grow intellectually and spiritually as a young Christian. The facilities are top-of-the-line, there are great clubs, and the size of the college is perfect (about 1500 students). Sioux Center, IA may be small, but Dordt College adds a lot to the community. There's a reason it is ranked #1 in the nation for Student Engagement by the Wall Street Journal.

Dordt College provides a community-like atmosphere for students to learn and grow intellectually as well as spiritually. The college is known for engaging students to foster their development and promote their success. From academics to extracurricular activities, Dordt is an outstanding school.

Madison

Dordt College is super welcoming and a great atmosphere filled with even better people. It feels like a home away from home. I know I can talk to the professors about anything, anytime. I also understand that a majority of the professors want to get to know me as a person instead of simply another student in the room.

Kenedie

Dordt is an institution that promotes learning and growing in what you believe, despite the professor's opinions. I have been able to grow tremendously in my knowledge of the subject I studied, as well as knowing who I am and what I believe. The professors at Dordt are amazing. Our college has been rated best in student to faculty engagement twice in a row by Forbes.

Dordt College is a safe college campus. Located in small town Sioux Center, Iowa. One world that is very important on campus is community. The community of this campus is amazing, between seniors and freshman and everyone in between. Throughout a students time at Dordt they will be pushed out of their comfort zone, given many opportunities to serve, learn, grow, and handed some of the best experiences and internships for multiple majors.

Arianna

Dordt College is known for it's high quality student engagement. Class sizes are small and professors know their students by name. I was very impressed with how the staff knew the students names as well. Students on campus were extremely friendly to me as a visitor and it was clear they were happy there. There were many student activities to participate in as well as intramural sports. The quality of education was impressive, a degree from Dordt college means something in the job market. Out of all the colleges I visited, Dordt exceeded all other schools in these areas.

Jeffrey

I have enjoyed my time at Dordt, especially my involvement with Bible studys. The professors are very encouraging and supportive, and they make you feel wanted. The culture on campus is very inviting and inclusive. There are lots of opportunities to get involved with clubs or other organizations.

Dylan

Dordt is a great school for academics and small town athletics but for activities it falls way short. Dordt is located in Sioux Center, IA where there is nothing to do. If you like being outside in anyway, shape, or form don't go to Dordt. The winter is awful and you are dorm struck for most of the school year. The only reason to go to Dordt is to get married. The school has one of the highest marriage rates in the US.