Monessen, PA
Douglas Education Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Douglas Education Center

Maddilynn

Overall, Douglas Education Center is a great school, very welcoming, and you will succeed here. No student is left behind. All the teachers make sure that they are able to work with students one on one to make sure the student is understanding the material. They will not move on until every student understands the subject being taught. The staff in the Administration building is very friendly, and they get to know all of the students. Everyone staff member here will speak to you when they see you, whether it is to make sure you are doing good in school and how you are in general. You will always be welcomed with a smile by all the staff here.

Brandy

My experience touring the school was phenomenal! The classes weren't too big but they weren't small either. The professors are really nice but are also very helpful when a problem or question appears. The campus is small but it also spread out by major so its easier for first years to find their classes and the community the school is in is small and seems to be tightly knitted together so everyone knows most of the people in town.

Nathan

I would describe my classmates as unique group of people with many different backgrounds.

To my younger self, do not be afraid when you move from a small town life. Though it will be terrifying, it well worth it. You will meet many unique people. These people will teach you many things about life. To my 18 year old self, feeling lost. You will spend a few years pondering what to do with your life. You will be irritated that you waited. As soon as you're in college you'll be glad that you waited. It helped you mature, and you'll enjoy your classes, and finally have the knowledge of what you want to be. Now, there will be times where things will seem tough, but as soon as the tough season goes by, you'll feel accomplished. Do not take criticism to heart. However do take advice and direction. Do not be afraid to meet new people, and try new things. Always appreciate your experiences. Be thankful for the friends you make, they will be there when you need them the most.

For the kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is, someone who is not into any of the arts. On the grounds the a decent percent of the programs are of the arts. I would also say by the structure of the education I would not recommend a person who is truly unsure of what thay want to do as a career. Manly because the credits can't trafer to another program. Almost every program has a different set of classes,

racheal

If I could go back in time and talk to myself,I would say you need to enroll into this school as soon as possible! Don't wait any longer than you have to because it's really not that scarey. The school is absolutely beautiful and everyone there is very friendly and informative. There is no need to worry about anything. You will have the best time of your life while learning important skills. Skills that will one day make your future bright,exciting and successful. I know deep down that's what you've always wanted. From childhood, all you've dreamed about is being successful and leading an enriched life. Going to this school will be the first step to making all your dreams come true and you will meet a lot of amazing people along the way. So please put all your doubts aside and enroll because you'll regret not doing it sooner,I know I did.

I don't know what I don't like yet because I haven't attended the school yet.

When I brag about the school I will be attending,I say how beautiful it is first off. The financial aid offices and whole staff have offices that look like a castle. I love how friendly and informative all the staff are. I'm very excited also about how hands on all the classes I will be taking are. Everyone there makes you feel right at home and is there to make sure you get the very most out of the education you are receiving.

Kelly

The Tom Savini Special Effects major.

The Tom Savini Special Effects major.

If Ic ould go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to just go with the flow. I would tell myself that going to the first college I went to would be a waste of time and to go to Douglas Education Center right out of high school. Although I had some educating experiences going to the University of Central Missouri(UCM), I think that coming to Douglas first would have made me realize more things. Despite the fact that I am a homebody and always have been, I would let my younger self know that moving out of state will be good for me and I will gain so many more experience by doing so. I would warn myself that there would be someone in my future that would hurt me and not to trust anyone but my close friends at the time. Overall, I would warn myself and give myself some advice on where to steer my career path without wasting time trying to figure out what my passion really is. My true passion in life is to do makeup and make prosthetics to help others.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the location. There is nothing in Monessen, PA and if the school were in a more commercialized location, it would be more convinent.

Douglas Education Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.